NavelColt

70 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT <3

I would also like to point out that it is hilarious that Pinkie bumps into Twilight as she shoots the orange spell and turns the bird into to the orange. Then she comes back after what seems like a long time and Twilight still hasn't turned the apple into an orange (or at least that's how it appears). But she gets bumped again and turns the frog into the orange. It gave me a good laugh.

• Brohoof 1

what if this is how se3 ep3 ended how wold the next episode turn out?

I've merged your topic 'What if s3 ep 3 ended like this' with the overall episode topic for it. If you'd like to make topics that are discussing aspects of episodes and discussing alternatives, theories or anything similar, please make a thread in Show Discussion about it. The Episode Discussion subforums are for overall episode topics for each episode, and nothing more.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 1

One of my Favoruites

I look forward to all the episodes of Season 3 Espeacially Wonderbolt Academy & Magic Duel, Anbody Else looking forward to these?

Edited by RedtheBrony
  • Brohoof 1

Sleepy Pinkie Pie squeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I loved this episode! It was fun and had a good lesson at the end. Bonus points fr making Lyra jealous of that one Pinkie duplicate xD I didn't know that G3-Pinkie was actually in the ep., I thought it was Photoshopped for the lulz o_O

It was a funny episode and I personally enjoyed it :)

When Rainbow Dash first saw the two Pinkie Pies I thought she had a pretty funny "wtf" face, so I laughed really hard a few minutes later and she saw all of them and actually said "WHAT THE-?"

• Brohoof 1

I though this episode was one of the more funny ones. I spit water everywhere when Pinkie said "Bet'cha can't make a crazier face than THIS!" Then she made the face of her G3 self. I re watched that part 10 times.

Edited by N8C8

Episode synopsis: "After tampering with nature, Pinkie Pie faces an unexpected ontological and existential crisis."

I really enjoyed this episode. As others have undoubtedly mentioned of their own reactions, I had a smile on my face throughout most of the episode. The whole premise was batty yet touching; Pinkie Pie's big mistake---effectively screwing around with forces beyond her comprehension---was driven by a desire to be with her friends. It is both a selfish and selfless aim, contorted by Pinkie's occasional shortsighted perception of her problems and how to best solve them. The episode balanced Pinkie being overzealous and her clear recognition of the situation getting well out of hoof.

I suspect "Too Many Pinkie Pies", for all of its humor and zaniness, will birth numerous dark and grimdark fics throughout the fandom. Myopic Pinkie, Overextended Pinkie, and Depressed Pinkie were all on full display. The writers furthermore went with an unusually dark resolution to the conflict: have Twilight basically gamble on the last Pinkie Pie standing being the real Pinkie, risking the life of her friend if she happened to fail. And that the other Pinkies basically had their souls sent flying back into the mirror pool was some seriously heavy stuff, once you think about it. Twilight Sparkle more or less played Russian Roulette; the success was predicated upon Pinkie Pie being so downtrodden and determined, not necessarily a triumph of sound judgment. I thus await fanfic authors to begin cloning Pinkamena or setting up fics where Pinkie's soul gets trapped in some dark alternate world beyond Equestria.

(By the way, did anyone make the connection between the "test" for the Pinkies with a fanfic involving Pinkie doing the exact same thing?)

Moving back toward more in-universe material, I am partly startled by how dangerous Equestria has proven itself to be over the course of two (three, if you wish to be technical) episodes. Dark magic and ancient artifacts are practically lying around; the world of ponies is turning out to be filled with risks more appropriate for the Land of Ooo! And what the heck was going on with that book stowed away in the secret compartment within the library? Although I don't necessarily expect a continuity explanation (e.g., Such and such event in episode X is why the book is there), the fact that it had such a low-key introduction raises all sorts of questions. One wonders if Celestia may have had a hoof in the matter, unless the library was previously occupied by a master of the ancient arts.

I am under the impression that, while this episode was primarily aimed at delivering laughs (which it did), the writers also took the time to begin loading the deck for episodes of greater plot significance. The mysterious book in Twilight's library and the revelation of potentially destructive relics may very well be crucial in later episodes. When accounting for the Crystal Heart, the use of dark magic, and Luna's book, there are far too many Chekhov's Guns being presented for these things to be one-shot materials. I would be be surprised if all of these things do not somehow culminate at the end of the season.

Now Rainbow Dash needs an episode where she stumbles across the Bifrost or something.

• Brohoof 3

To me this episode is more than meets the eye. Once you get past(what is in my opinion) the rather polarizing aspect of too many Pinkie Pies, you see that this episode has a rather large arsenal of underlying themes- hilarity, sadness, dark and grimness- it's all there, and because of that I think it's safe to say this episode had pretty much everything. Took me a bit of rethinking, but I think it's safe to say I really love this episode now. :D

• Brohoof 1

Well... as less of a fan of Pinkie Pie I cannot say this is from my favorite episodes but it was nice. And just as I expected, my hair would almost go straight from the combination of several Pinkie Pie voices at a time LOL

It was funny episode for sure, and yes, it showed some further character development of Pinkie Pie.

I can also agree about having a good lesson in the end.

But hey I liked RD getting her shades again for the extra 20% cooler ;>

Edited by ImtR

One of the best S3 episodes so far

*hasn't seen pt. 2 of Crystal Empire*

Anypony see the part where one Pinkie says "I bet you can't make your face funnier than this!" or something like that, then see the old-style pony head? LOL. Best. Part. EVER.

Edited by rosestar130
  • Brohoof 1

You know, watching that last part with Twilight got me to thinking. Twilight seems like she may be unintentionally getting corrupted by her magic. Doing experiments on animals and potentially sending one of her best friends into a kind of limbo (or whatever is on the other side of the pool). She almost seems haughty about her abilities. To me it seemed that she may even be getting arrogant, which can lead to more nefarious states of mind if you catch my drift. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png Of course I could be looking way too deep into this. :D

• Brohoof 1

The only thing I have to criticize about this episode is the test. Since all the fake Pinkies only knew what the real Pinkie taught them couldn't Twilight have just asked something so obscure about Pinkie that only the real Pinkie would know it because she never would have told them that?

Aside from that the episode was amazing and funny.

• Brohoof 3

Pretty decent episode, it got a few laughs out of me and was pretty cute. Of course, loved the gags thrown in there - the frog orange, the G3 face, etc. Pinkie is not my favorite character by a long shot, but she actually had a personality in this episode; compared to most of season 2 where in which she was pretty face the faceless comic relief. Good to see the writers (attempting) to put a good head on her

I'm trying to keep myself in the dark about everything new MLP related, so I haven't a clue what the next episode will be about. Still eagerly await it, it's so good to have new eps back!

The ending was a bit stupid in my opinion. Even the real Pinkie is way too hyperactive to stare at paint drying for long. Twilight should've known better. They treated the Pinkies as if they were animals (well I guess they technically are, but you know what I mean), not as if they were their friends. They didn't seem to realize that one of the bunch was their friend. I expected Twilight to quiz them about something that only the real Pinkie could possibly know. I guess that would've been less suspenseful, but it would've made so much more sense and the chances of banishing the real Pinkie into the puddle would've been much more lower.

Overall, the episode was alright, but it wasn't my favorite episode. I found Pinkie (or rather Pinkies) to be more annoying than funny this time around. But these things aside, the episode was ok.

• Brohoof 1

You know, I might be overthinking this, but I can't help but think that this episode might have partly been subliminal advertising to make people/kids not feel so bad if they have duplicate Pinkie Pie toys, like if you got a lot of duplicates from blindbags or something you can just say you have too many Pinkie Pies, you know? ^_^

loved this episode, but it kinda broke my heart to see all of the other ponies treating the pinkie clones so badly, like applejack shoving them, rainbow dash dropping the very real heart-broken pinkie on the floor, and watching twilight magically explode the clones with such little hesitation was a bit gruesome. what if the real pinkie pie accidentily lost focus?

and the clones themselves...were kinda creepy. they had the creepiest facial expressions sometimes.

i know they are just clones and "had no souls" or whatever... but you would think they would be more considerate knowing that atleast ONE of the clones is the real pinkie pie.

other than that, this episode was awesome! great character development for pinkie, the gags were hilarious, continuity nods, and i loved the whole mirror pool thing. it looked cool when she walked in the first time.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

I loved the episode and the moral that goes with it. I can relate a lot to having to choose over friends sometimes.

BUT NOTHING PREPARED ME FOR.......

THIS!

https://encrypted-tb...4bJ_sz3fL5pk7hh

By God when I saw that face, I had to pause the video to look carefully at the face and realize that it was Pinkie Pie in G3 Form. I was just flowing with so many emotions. Surprised, Frightened, Overly-pleased. The list goes on forever. But this also made me think to my self....

This show is slowly turning more and more for us bronies, but at the same time, still keeping the main "for little girls" feeling.

By God Lauren Faust you son of a gun- genius.

• Brohoof 1

After seeing the first pinkie clone be created I immediately thought of Princess Luna saying " The fun has been doubled!"

And then it got tripled, and quadrupled. and on and on.

I loved the episode though, it was entertaining. I still found the test to be a bit of an odd choice, I mean honestly I don't know how even with pinkie knowing what would happen if she could have done that.

Plus seeing as how they hardly knew anything about any of pinkies friends maybe they should've asked a question only the real pinkie would know.

I still loved the episode. all the 4th wall shattering glory, along with the amazing humor!

I have nothing major to complain about, i was impressed.I'm already excited for the next episode!

All the Pinkies reminded me of Posted Image

Except FUN instead of MINE. It was pretty good because it went by fast and it's 11:00 already.

You're not the only one who thought of that.

By God Lauren Faust you son of a gun- genius.

But Lauren Faust is a girl. :blink:

After trying to figure out how to turn a video I made into a gif, and ending up failing several times, I think I've finally got something half-way decent.

Posted Image

The way it chopped up the frames makes some of the transitioning look a bit wonky, though.

GET YOUR NIGEL OUT OF MAH PONIES! :angry:

what if this is how se3 ep3 ended how wold the next episode turn out?Posted Image

FEEL CENTER HAS TAKEN HEAVY DAMAGE! LEAK IN THE EYE DUCTS IMMINENT!

• Brohoof 1