NavelColt

70 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT <3

So, I loved this episode, but my question is, did anyone else catch Derpy in this one?

For everyone who didn't catch it. In the scene where Twilight is talking to the citizens of Ponyville you can see a crowd of ponies, two of these are pegasi with Derpy's colour palate one is a stallion and therefore not Derpy but the other is a mare, however I do not think this one is Derpy. Later when the scene cuts back to the crowd and Twilight is telling them she has a solution there is one more mare in the crowd in the bottom right of the screen, I propose that this is Derpy because her mane style looks about right (although obviously I can't say for sure because you can only see the back of her head)

One thing I was just thinking of was why didn't they just ask the clones questions that only the real Pinkie would know? The clones didn't seem to know anything besides having fun, and it would've suited Twilights personality more than just blasting them away as soon as one of them turned their heads.

After trying to figure out how to turn a video I made into a gif, and ending up failing several times, I think I've finally got something half-way decent.

Posted Image

The way it chopped up the frames makes some of the transitioning look a bit wonky, though.

This episode just walked right into that one. It is indeed a very obvious thing to do a Nigel of.There were probably some people who thought of that being done within like a few seconds after processing the visual gag.

I think this episode was the first time that any character addressed Twilight Sparkle simply as "Twi". I heard Spike say it during the first scene with the orange spell.

After the aggravatingly trite Over a Barrel and the insipidly anti-intellectual Feeling Pinkie Keen I could only hope Dave Polsky would never write another mlp episode. Now he has. And it was...good. Sort of. Pinkie did receive development and that's always to be appreciated. By realizing the severity of the situation and becoming depressed and scared by it she shows she’s more than just The Sugar Rush Incarnate and that's something Pinkie needs every now and again. There’s also the head ticking like a clock and G3 face which are two new nice little touches to add to the show’s long list of nice little touches. But now for some negatives. It was disturbing and almost gruesome the way Twilight irreversibly sent the Pinkies back to the pond the second they lost focus. As others have pointed out it would be easy to send the real one back by mistake. Moreover Twilight should have realized who the real Pinkie was the moment Spike pointed out the depressed Pinkie. I mean really Twilight; one of these is not like the others. That should have at least some significance to you. There’s also the friendship lesson at the end; having to sacrifice time with one friend for time with another seems like a non-issue. At least, it doesn’t seem like enough of an issue to be worth making an episode about. But altogether the real issue with this episode is inconsequentiality. It manages little more than to be an entertaining distraction. I expect more from mlp than that. I expect a story that's going to stick with me and be enduring in some way. Don't get me wrong, the fact that it is entertaining alone is something to be celebrated. Nevertheless, I finished the episode with renewed concern that we’ve seen most of what FiM has to offer. And while my opinion of him has become kinder, I still hope Mr. Polsky doesn’t write any more episodes. Edited by ByTheTides

The only thing I have to criticize about this episode is the test. Since all the fake Pinkies only knew what the real Pinkie taught them couldn't Twilight have just asked something so obscure about Pinkie that only the real Pinkie would know it because she never would have told them that?

Aside from that the episode was amazing and funny.

I thought of a much better test. Even the very first clone couldn't get Pinkie's friends names right, so they clearly didn't have her memories. So then, just ask each clone (in private) "who rules Equestria?" or show a picture of Celestia and ask "Who is this?" Only the real Pinkie would have known the answer, and bang, you send all the ones that didn't know back.

Derpy is there. When Twilight exits the library, the back of her head and mane appears in the background.

For the love of Celestia, SCREENSHOT! PLEASE!

So, I loved this episode, but my question is, did anyone else catch Derpy in this one?

For everyone who didn't catch it. In the scene where Twilight is talking to the citizens of Ponyville you can see a crowd of ponies, two of these are pegasi with Derpy's colour palate one is a stallion and therefore not Derpy but the other is a mare, however I do not think this one is Derpy. Later when the scene cuts back to the crowd and Twilight is telling them she has a solution there is one more mare in the crowd in the bottom right of the screen, I propose that this is Derpy because her mane style looks about right (although obviously I can't say for sure because you can only see the back of her head)

It sounds too uncertain. That's it, I'm going back through the footage.

OK. At 13:25 I can see a pegasus mare resembling Derpy, but the problem is the coat colour looks slightly off and viewing her directly from the rear means her cutie mark is obscured, meaning unless the artists can confirm it's her, there's no real way to confirm it. There are two Time Turners/Dr. Whooves, what appears to be TWO Cloud Kickers, Berry Punch, Bell Perin, Noteworthy and Cherry Fizzy, but those ponies can easily be identified by their cutie marks and three-quarter profile.

At 13:31 we have Berry Punch and one of the Whooves standing behind Golden Harvest, Noteworthy and Rarity.

At 13:33, Raindrops can be seen making an angry face behind Fluttershy.

At 14:19, after Twilight and Spike come back out to address the crowd, the same Derpy-like pegasus is still there on the right-hand side of the crowd next to Colgate, but the colour appears to have been corrected, and her coat is the same shade as Derpy's. This makes her the most likely candidate to be Derpy, but there's still no view of her cutie mark to confirm her identity.

EDIT TO ADD: It would also be a lot easier to confirm it was Derpy if we could see her eyes as well.

Edited by Swift Decision

I quite enjoyed the episode. It got a few laughs out of me

Especially this: http://25.media.tumb...z047o1_1280.png

HAHAHAHAHASBRO ARE SUCH TROLLS.

My only concern about the episode was: What if Twilight got rid of the real Pinkie?

I mean seriously, even if it was a test to see if I was a real me, I wouldn't be able to sit and watch paint dry. The orange frog would have distracted me. :(

It was good, though. It's nice that they're paying attention to us.

I agree that Twilight should've been able to identify the real Pinkie because only one of them was showing sullen behavior. Still, Twilight correctly deduced that the real Pinkie Pie was so sick of seeing other Pinkie Pies that she gave her a blue wall to affix her gaze to. No matter who laughed or joked or even if there was an explosion, Pinkie was so repulsed at the sight of the other Pinkies that she was NOT going to turn away from the blue wall until Twilight assured her they were all gone. Blue, incidentally, is not the opposite of pink but close to it. The spectral opposite of pink is probably a teal or green color.

I think that Twilight not knowing who the real Pinkie was was a bit far fetched too... She should know who one of her friends is among mindless clones, she of which the only one showing emotion. And the paint test was a bit... meh. But other then that, freaking amazing. :D

I thought of a much better test. Even the very first clone couldn't get Pinkie's friends names right, so they clearly didn't have her memories. So then, just ask each clone (in private) "who rules Equestria?" or show a picture of Celestia and ask "Who is this?" Only the real Pinkie would have known the answer, and bang, you send all the ones that didn't know back.

Yeah that's what I'm trying to say there were much better tests. Even if I was the real me after a cloning thing I wouldn't be able to watch paint dry.

Yeah that's what I'm trying to say there were much better tests. Even if I was the real me after a cloning thing I wouldn't be able to watch paint dry.

• Brohoof 1

When i saw all of those pinkie pie duplicates heading over to rainbow dash, here was my reactions:

Awww, looks like rainbow dash is gonna get 1000000x more annoyed by pinkie pie. Especially with all those duplicates.

Then when I saw them heading over to sweet apple acres:

I know something bad is gonna happen, please dont happen, please dont happen, please dont....*the walls fall down since they all let go of the rope*......knew it....

what if this is how se3 ep3 ended how wold the next episode turn out?Posted Image

where's this picture from? I was looking on deviantart yesterday and couldn't find it. Is it from a tumblr? I've been looking all over for this.

While the clones start off as hollow shells of Pinkie Pie the first clone's panicked reaction to having to choose which of her friend's invitations to accept shows they can aquire personhood- er, ponyhood- quickly. Considering this it would be understandable for someone to take moral issue with the episode. In particular, judging by his response to May the Best Pet Win, Strebiskunk will probably push it off a cliff.*

*Well, I was wrong about that.

Edited by ByTheTides

this episode lacked oranges... it needed more.

on the other hoof, I think there should have been a warning on copying yourself, a reason more so than just getting rid of a annoyance... maybe if they didn't get rid of the clones all of them would disappear... IE the real pinkie starts to fade away.

It was a highly creative episode and enjoyable to watch, but got a little bit annoying with so many Pinkie's. One of her is quite enough for one lifetime. But, actually my favorite part was seeing Rainbow Dash at the swimming hole reading another Daring Do Novel . That was awesome!

I agree with you that one but i thought it was funny when they watched the wall of paint dry. Only reason being is that I that the clones would not stay focused on it. Seeing Dashie read again was also great makes me glad they did not abandon that idea

It was...alright. Not really my sort of thing, and Pinkie is one of those characters who I only get on with when she is...different, like in 'Party of One' or 'Its About Time'. Some of it was quite amusing, but the whole "FUN!" thing just got my goat.

It was interesting to see a couple of the other Apples working with the barn raising thing; I still think foundations would be a great idea tho!

where's this picture from? I was looking on deviantart yesterday and couldn't find it. Is it from a tumblr? I've been looking all over for this.

i found this on Facebook :I sorry :( i will ask the admin of the pagei will give you the info when i get it thank you! or you can ask him at http://www.facebook.com/AnAntiBronyPageTellMeHowDoesThisAffectEveryBrony?fref=ts it will help is 2 people say something. Edited by Luna317
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight is growing power mad! How many Pinkies did she destroy? How many happy little creatures did she pervert into monstrous plant/animal hybrid obscenities? Twilight MUST BE STOPPED! Does anyone remember the original Star Trek episode "Charlie X"? The bird turning into a flying orange made me think of THIS!!!!

Posted Image

(PS. Twilight is STILL best pony!)

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2