Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are some common misconceptions people have of you?

Shiki

People think I'm weird or not normal 'cause I don't like the same things as them or dress uncomfortably.

People think I'm a goody two-shoes because I'm afraid of doing bad stuff (I just don't like having my music confiscated.)People think I'm a nerd 'cause I don't talk lyk dis.

People think I'm emo because I listen to The Offspring.

People don't like me.

A lot of people think I never cry.

Lots of people also think I'm more violent than I actually am.

Some people have accused me of thinking highly of myself, when that is definitely the opposite.  I don't even know how people get that idea, honestly.

I'll list it out numerically for ease (these are mostly IRL, not online, but results may vary):

1. That I am a very quiet person, where in truth I am quite loud and rambunctious around people I know.

2. That I am a nice guy/pushover.  Yes, I try to be nice, but I won't just agree with you because you want me to.  I'll fight back with all my might if I think its important, otherwise I don't care.

3. I am not artsy.

4. I am religious (I don't like religion per se, but I believe faith itself is good)

5. I am straight (nope, bisexual)

6. I am an angel (hahahahahahahahaha.... no)

Let me begin, people a lot of times avoid me or ignore me, due to the fact that I'm different hmm. Not very different, I am a brony ( most of the students are all about "swag" and what not. ) So I do not voice my love for MLP often, occasionally might give tiny hints to let them know I'm a brony. I CAN make really good grades ( 90s ) but I'm just lazy.  Most of all I don't really get why people ignore me or don't want me as their friend, I feel more welcomed in the forums than i do in school.  People know me as a crazy person who does and says the most random things, but also can be dead silent hold my tongue and not say a single word. People think of me as a nice guy  when people insult me I "turn the other cheek" or I say out loud love and tolerance and calmly walk away. Lonely? Maybe but sometimes I chose to be    Depressed? yes well it depends...

i wish i has more friends.....

Edited by Rainbowdash20%

People in real life when they first meet me they think: "wow he's really nice..... a little too nice."

after a week they seem to then think I'm gay because I don't either make a move to ask them out or they way I act (the second reason is reasonable, but the first one makes me laugh all the time). Then when they get to know me more they see I'm very athletic and they think because I'm African by heart, they think I play soccer, track and field. And because they see me with an afro, they think I'm black and I play Basketball. I can not tell you how much my friends mess around with me saying during track or while I play P.E. soccer: "Hey do you hear that? It's Africa, their calling you back to get ready for the olympics and world cup (yeah I still laughed a little). And when it comes to basketball, I am the worst player ever. I'm so bad they would pick me after the white kids XD. But I really like to play football and lacrosse, I also do track and field (which reminds me I have a meet on Friday, wish me luck :D).

People often assume I'm really shy and timid, when really I'm not at all. I'm not shy or scared to interact with others at all and I'm actually really outgoing around people I'm comfortable with, it's just I like to be alone sometimes and I don't really open up to people I don't know.

People who DO see my outgoing side think I'm insane.  :blink:

Edited by Rarietty

People think that I'm a psycho, mostly due to the way I dress (punk/goth/etc) and the music I listen to. I also get so many people assuming that I'm miserable all the time, simply cuz I don't smile. I have Aspergers and smiling is alien to me and feels as tho I'm twisting my face into a completely weird and bizarre shape, so I don't do it.

• Brohoof 1

People in foreign lands think that I'm a religious terrorist due to my origin but I'm just a peaceful atheist in reality

People think that I support the terrorist ran theocracy just because the country is a democracy now but it's just the oppressive majority voting to keep us in the dark ages.

People think that I'm just a heartless monster because I don't help people are are getting brutally murdered or women and children who are getting violated but I think of the big picture and I know that helping 1 or 2 won't do anything when hundreds happen everyday.

People think that I'm a communist because I like soviet era songs

People think I like dressing up the way I usually do but it's all due to the intolerant society and discriminatory laws, I would've preferred clothing that looks less mainstream and probably looks weird to the masses.

People think that I'm a homosexual because I love to cook and bake and probably even more if I ever take up knitting and sewing as a hobby.

• Brohoof 1

People I work with think Im poor or hard done by because I drive a pos car that is now made entirely of rust (witch dosnt make any sense since I can afford to own a car :blink: )  When in reality I drive crappy £100 cars because when it brakes down I just scrap it and by another one, A car is nothing more then a tool to me for getting to and from work. 

People think Im gay because I watch mlp and own a rainbow dash plushie. When in reality Im straight, I live with my hateful horrible *beep*ing *beep* of an ex girl friend Who wont move out of my house since her parents live in London and I wont pay for a van to transport all of her stuff Dont worry Im kicking her out next week when she gets back to MY HOUSE she will find all her stuff in a skip and find the locks have been changed. (trust me she deserves it)

People think Im an alcoholic because I like to have a drink on the weekends but if you worked nearly 60 hours over 6 days per week in a job you hate you would also enjoy a drink on the weekend.

People assume I smoke weed because I wear a bandanna and listen to reggae music. In reality I haven't touched the stuff since I was about 14 or 15 (now 22)

People seem to think I'm quite a violent person due to the fact that I have a martial art as a hobby, which is weird because it actually helps me to relive stress and puts me in a much better mood if I've had a hard day. 

A bunch of people who I know (who I don't particularly like but hey..) have this idea that I'm really anti-social simply because I play video games on a PC and look a bit nerdy when I have my glasses on. 

Its much better now I've left school, the only misconceptions of me that seem to occur are that I'm just an assistant to my boss when actually I'm a key designer.

People I work with think Im poor or hard done by because I drive a pos car that is now made entirely of rust (witch dosnt make any sense since I can afford to own a car :blink: )  When in reality I drive crappy £100 cars because when it brakes down I just scrap it and by another one, A car is nothing more then a tool to me for getting to and from work. 

People think Im gay because I watch mlp and own a rainbow dash plushie. When in reality Im straight, I live with my hateful horrible *beep*ing *beep* of an ex girl friend Who wont move out of my house since her parents live in London and I wont pay for a van to transport all of her stuff Dont worry Im kicking her out next week when she gets back to MY HOUSE she will find all her stuff in a skip and find the locks have been changed. (trust me she deserves it)

People think Im an alcoholic because I like to have a drink on the weekends but if you worked nearly 60 hours over 6 days per week in a job you hate you would also enjoy a drink on the weekend.

People assume I smoke weed because I wear a bandanna and listen to reggae music. In reality I haven't touched the stuff since I was about 14 or 15 (now 22)

Wow man, that's nasty. Some people just don't get it. 

• Brohoof 1

man how do you keep finding these? the offspring and ponys best combo ever haha

The Derpiest

This guy makes a lot of them. Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell is amazing. Dexter Holland is best Dash, he should be her singing voice (You'd have to edit it to make it high pitched, but it works).

• Brohoof 1

People often think that I love everything that I read.

I don't.

I hate most of it, but I keep reading because:

READING MAKES ME FEEL GOOD!

*cue Ghostbusters theme*

A bit more seriously, people think I'm bisexual or some other "sexual variant" because I have never been in love, kissed anyone, etc.

Truth is, I really just don't care about love other than familial love, the love one feels for true friends, and my love for books.

• Brohoof 1

People think that I'm oh-so-perfectly innocent in every way because I refuse to drink or do drugs. Lol.

People on my Facebook who haven't known me since high school think that the fact that I play the bassoon is everything I am. I have to understand this one as I hardly update on my life anymore.

People think I'm a Christian, but it may be silly to include this one since where I live everybody is automatically assumed to be a believer.

People IRL think that all I listen to is classical music, like Mozart and Beethoven. lol

People IRL also tend to assume that I'm around 16-18 years old. I've even had one assume 12 or below. o.O

Another thing... people online automatically assume that I'm male. O.o Especially on Gaia, where my avatar is masked... but, it's a female avatar, wearing a dress!

*in the voice of Hubert farnsworth* GOOD NEWS EVERYONE shes moved out :D some creepy dude that is apparently her new boy friend showed up with a van I helped her load all her junk ( to make her go away quicker) and now shes gone WOOOOHOOOO FREEEEDDDDOOOOMMM 

• Brohoof 1

*in the voice of Hubert farnsworth* GOOD NEWS EVERYONE shes moved out :D some creepy dude that is apparently her new boy friend showed up with a van I helped her load all her junk ( to make her go away quicker) and now shes gone WOOOOHOOOO FREEEEDDDDOOOOMMM 

Well that's good :)

Well that's good :)

Iv never been happier to see some one leave when she was about to leave I think she wanted a heart warming good bye but after the crap shes put me through she didnt get one she said "well this is it then" to witch I replied yea I never thought I would see the day but here it is and off you pop and slammed the door"  YES I finally get to sleep in my own bed again This has been a brilliant day :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Edited by mycarhasaMoustache

Iv never been happier to see some one leave when she was about to leave I think she wanted a heart warming good bye but after the crap shes put me through she didnt get one she said "well this is it then" to witch I replied yea I never thought I would see the day but here it is and off you pop and slammed the door"  YES I finally get to sleep in my own bed again This has been a brilliant day :D  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wait. So not only was she invading your house, she was also sleeping in your bed?!

Wait. So not only was she invading your house, she was also sleeping in your bed?!

I wanted to get away from her so I spent the money I have been saveing up to buy an engagement ring for her on a new couch Iv been sleeping on it for about 2 and a half months. Im currently in my back garden on this junk laptop burning the old bedsheets and the bits of crap she left behind its freezing but Im listening to ixnay on the hombre and having a 1 man party :D 

I wanted to get away from her so I spent the money I have been saveing up to buy an engagement ring for her on a new couch Iv been sleeping on it for about 2 and a half months. Im currently in my back garden on this junk laptop burning the old bedsheets and the bits of crap she left behind its freezing but Im listening to ixnay on the hombre and having a 1 man party :D

Well, consider it two because I'm talking to you online! Good man, listen to The Offspring, I'm playing Americana at this moment in time.

• Brohoof 1

People and I, myself used to think that I wasn't a very angry guy at all, but it seems that I go angry really quickly.And also because of that some people think that I go violent when I go angry but, not at all. I just talk in a very ragefull way and usually smash my hand to somewhere like hell. I just don't get it, when I have the totally control it just goes away and it happens to smash itself to somewhere. Hope I won't break my hand because of it :C(also some people think that I masturbate very much because my hands are pretty ugly, lol?)