Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are some common misconceptions people have of you?

Shiki

(also some people think that I masturbate very much because my hands are pretty ugly, lol?)

dafuq? O.o

Anyways, ive got long hair, so people automatically asume im a  metalhead (i listen to metal among other things, but i mostly stick to electro stuff).

Also, i often get told that im smart but lazy. When people hear others telling me im smart, they start thinking im full of myself and that i consider myself smart.

-Im not smart. If one would sum up all the mistakes ive done, all the opportunities ive missed and everything wonderfull that ive ruined, youd come to a conclusion that im actually one of the biggest idiots to walk this planet.

-Im not lazy. Being lazy means not wanting to work in general. There are things that i simply hate doing, and there are things i love. Give me a job i love, and ill work 24/7.

-Im not full of myself, i actually think other people around me are much better/nicer people then i am, in preety much every way.

Here are a few misconceptions that people make about me:

1) People think I am an atheists because I love science - I am a Catholic.

2) People think I am intimidating because I look like I would hurt someone - I love math, science, politics, and religious. I try to avoid violence.

3) People think i don't play video games because  I supposedly am really smart - I play them more than doing homework.  :lol:

People think I'm depressed because of the scars on my wrist... oh wait...

People think I like My Chemical Romance because of my hair... oh wait...

Hmm... erm... people don't really have many misconceptions about me haha...

People often seem to think that I don't talk much because I'm full of myself - because I'm "pretty". Actually I'm shy and am afraid of talking to new people. And my looks are just the result of me working very hard to look better so people will want to know me. Posted Image (Vain, I know, but you don't want to know how horrible I looked when I was younger. Even I want to forget...)

Some people may also think that I'm just a little princess because my family is a bit wealthy. What they don't know is, when I was very small we used to live in a super tiny apartment because we didn't have money. It's my dad who got us this far with hard work.

Um that's all.

The most common misconception people have of me is probably that I cannot be serious at all, and am always silly and joking about things. 

Or it's the other way around.

Sometimes people think I am way to serious and am nearly humorless and emotionless. 

Neither of these are the case.

I am humorous around whoever I am comfortable to be around. I'm serious when I need to be. I have intense mood swings in this way. If I'm feeling in a silly mood I might just hit that lovely little caps lock button and start yelling "All hail Loki!" or something.

A misconception of that is that I am drunk. Thank you for caring Zoop.

Well, some people might think I actually watch My Little Pony -- in reality, I just like the community (you guys).

Someone started a rumor about me f-cking oranges... -- in reality, yeah, I actually started that rumor... only, it's not a rumor. Give me your citrus.

I'm called weird/random a lot -- in reality, I just get bored real quick.

Also, sometimes when people talk to me I just stare at them. I used to do it on purpose, but now it's sorta second nature. My reason for doing it was because it was interesting to see how a person would react to not getting a response when talking directly to me. Although I sometimes do this unintentionally now, it still makes me chuckle when their expression changes.

(Also, I'm not trying to sound like one of those guys who does interesting stuff just because he thinks it* will make him unique -- I just like messing with stuff.)

Edited by Guest

*Ahem*

• People think I'm shy and quiet, but those who really know me know I'm alot different. Alot.
  • People think I'm really smart, but I'm really only pretty average. I mean, I get A's and B's (implying 9th grade grades mean anything) and know alot of random stuff, but I absolutely zero common sense.
  • People think I'm "emo or goth or whatever" because I like metal and some screamo stuff.
  • People think I'm like a hermt because I don't leave my house or hang out with many people, but I really only hang out with close friends and I really like just chillin' at my house.
  • People also usually think I'm a douchebag because I play football and hang out with some of the (how to put this lightly) more dick-ish people in school.
  • People have questioned my sexuality because I haven't had a girlfriend (implying relationships is 9th grade and under mean anything) and because I have no problem hugging guys, like a legit hug. Not some stupid millisecond "bro-hug" or whatever.
  • Brohoof 2

People who hear my voice, even if that voice explicitly states I am male, always think I am female.

The only other real issues I've had relate to being Canadian, Jewish, etc., but it's mainly just jostling, and I don't really care.

For starters....People think I'm Mexican. (Asian Descent). A lot of people think I'm slow and stupid when I'm actually very intelligent. People presume I smoke weed just because I get tired in classes....I don't live that life. I'm just bored.They say I'm a hipster when I wear a scarf...so? People think that I'm a loner, but in life I have many friends and I can do conversation.They say I'm aggressive and mean looking...false, In fact I am not shy per-say and I furrow my brows due to deep thought. I'm more apathetic 

Here's mine Posted Image

• People think I'm always the optimist - At this time at my life, I am very depressed... I've been hiding it well.
  • People think I'm stupid - This has got a lot better after I told my main oppressor in the school that he was an arrogant twat who was only liked because people think he is a fail at life... my face hurts...
  • People think I'm a "good boy" because I am Christian - Let me tell you I am not the model Christian; nowhere near.

Lets see here;

-People think I do drugs and stuff

-People think I'm 20  when of course I'm only 15

-People think I'm rather dumb. 

-People think I like to hurt people just for fun.

I'm normally quiet and have good manners so people think I'm smart (I'm not that smart). 

My friends point of view, I'm a odd person who is a little violent and doesn't care about any thing/one

when actuality I'm a quiet person who likes to be alone but is nice to others with a few odd traits

" Are you 27? "

" Are you a doctor? "

" Are you a school board administrator? "

" I thought you were already in University.. "

Because I'm 6'4 and look like I'm older than 17, I often get these comments (Personally, I take them as compliments).

People around me tend to think that I am perfect and never mess up. That's not true, I do mess on every few years.

People also accuse me of not being humble but they're wrong. I probably the most modest and humble guy on earth! :)

Actually though most people assume I am still in High School. They also have the foalish misconception that I have a plan for my life.

People think i'm some kind of genius because of my grades and that i'm that shy guy while in fact in somewhat of a psychopat and i have a serious stress disorder that is somehow relieved when i play videogames or watch MLP. I'm introvert and i tend to get mad VERY easily, thereby i play some relaxing games to help my stress, like Spyro.

I'm not too social either, i have troubles establishing relationships with other as i tend to hate people who are stupid and don't share my taste of weirdness and smartness.

• 1 year later...

There is one huge misconception that many people seem to have of me and it is kinda understandable. Some people seem to think that I am always depressed and I never try to be happy, thanks to my negativity online. That is not the case though. I tend to vent a lot online as that is a really easy place to do so. I actually try to enjoy simple pleasures and be happy and there are many times where I am. Like right now, I feel pretty good. I just have many bad moments and online is where I take my emotions mostly because I don't want to bother anyone around me. Again, it is a misconception that I can make sense, but it isn't true.

Another one is some people have said that I enjoy being depressed. Wrong again. I don't. I like being happy. Even if I am negative a lot, I do like happiness.

Well, here is my short list:

People in my school thought that I listen only to classical music, because I was always sooo peaceful, at times almost emotionless at least outside (inside I am VERY emotional person at times). Their faces when they found out what am I listening to most times...  :lol: (in case someone does not know mostly metal and rock, many various subgenres). 

Due to my signature "sarcastic smile" that I often have while walking on the streets (I can't help it, I had no idea I smile like that until someone said so to me!) some people assume that I am mean person (I think everyone here knows that I avoid trying to be mean :P ). 

I think that's all I can remember for now at least.

I've been told I'm cute, awesome and nice..

o.O I don't think so

Does not matter. Someone thinks so, so be happy! :3

Most common misconception for me is my age... People take one look at me and think I'm like... 14...

As for my personality people think I sail through life without a care in the world... That I'm always happy...

In reality... I have huge bumps in the road... I just hide them... I'm not always happy... I'm just a good actress...

Edited by Jingle JellyBean

On here or in RL?

Online, people think that I am very sweet and polite and kind... which I am, but they always exaggerate it in their heads. People are SHOCKED when I block them for good reasons. I guess they also think that I am going to take shit because I'm ''too afraid of conflict to ever stand up for myself'' or something.

Also for some reason, I've had multiple people ask me if I was damaged or hurt in the past. I have no clue why they say that, but it's false.

In RL, people generally like me right away. Not sure why so I can't explain that part of my impression. But once I hit highschool, my friend-base grew by 2-3 times it's original size (and I had quite a few to start with). Though most people now are my acquaintances because I like to be alone and I refuse to hang out with any of them, except for when we go out to eat. Most people in my graduating class know me, and I was actually voted as the smartest female for our yearbook. So I guess that's my reputation.

TL;DR:

Online- Total softie

RL- Smart loner girl with friends

Both are true to an extent, but not entirely so.