Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What book are you reading?

Fridge

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished reading "Ahsoka" so I think I'll move on now to 'George Lucas: A Life' by Brian Jay Jones. I've already read the George Lucas bio 'Skywalking', but this one is new, updated and looks pretty in-depth so we'll see what it has in store.  :o​ 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Currently delving into a bit of history with one of my most favourite military figures: Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World.

• Brohoof 1

I just began reading The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli, is really impressive how a political book written 5 centuries ago still manages to be relevant even today

Just started reading "All the President's Men" and will follow it up with "The Final Days". Both books are written by Woodward and Bernstein and are about Watergate. Next up after that will be Orwell's "1984".

These books seem very appropriate given world events.

I'm marathoning holy books, the bible at the moment. Trying to learn as much as I can about religion, for research purposes, trying to find it's flaws and possible verses that could potentially be used as an arguement in a religious debate.

I'm currently on "Revenger" by Alastair Reynolds. Pretty good so far, lots of fun world-building. Sort of a sci-fi/pirate mashup, set millions of years in the future. I'd recommend it if you like Firefly, sort of has a similar vibe.

• 2 weeks later...

Found a old book with a collection of sci-fi stories by the classics like Bradbury, King, Lem, etc. Now most of these stories feel very retrofuturistic. It's interesting how people imagined the future back in the days. And it gives me nostalgia for my childhood - when such books were the only source of sci-fi for me.

• Brohoof 1

I'm currently reading Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. It's about a guy that works at a newspaper company, he works there at night when everyone's off work, reading people emails, making sure that the employees doesnt use the email for personal stuff. He starts reading the emails of two girls and they talk about personal stuff, but they're so funny that he doesn't report them, then he starts falling for one of those girls. 

After this book I'm thinking about reading See Me by Nicholas Sparks or Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (again haha)