Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What book are you reading?

Fridge

Currently got four on the go - Discworld book #12, Witches Abroad, 1991 - wasn't sure at first but shaping up to be interesting.

The remainder are SF: Destiny Doll, Clifford Simak, 1972 - "a small expedition to an anonymous planet which welcomes them with a homing beam then snaps shut around them like a Venus fly-trap - their ship is sealed and they are cast thru a quirk of space/time into a wholly inhospitable desert from which there seems no escape."

Down To Earth (1) [I have another, different, book, same title], Louis Charbonneau, 1967 - "a family of four alone on a tiny planetoid" - (it's a way-station for spaceships) - "one day first insignificantly then ever more unmistakably, the elaborate machinery begins to show flaws ... what at first seems like inexplicable accidents begins to reveal itself in all its grotesque, horrifying truth..."

Planet Of The Dreamers, John MacDonald, 1951 - "The Dreamers, an ancient race living in a vast tower on a dying planet ... thru their dreams they have found a way to contact Earth, but believe Earth's inhabitants are only the stuff of which their endless reveries are made, 'dream creatures' to be toyed with ruthlessly and whose plans for space travel must be destroyed."

Edited by Tropical Melody
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently slowly going through the second omnibus of the Space Wolves. It's a story about a new Space Marine and his journey to becoming a Wolf Lord. Great price for three stories :D 

At the moment, I am going through the Warriors series. I finished the main books, just going through the sides and waiting to get the next book of Vision of Shadows. 

Other than that, I am also waiting until I am able to find the last book of Lorien Legacies, United As One. 

If non-fiction counts, I am reading this oldish book called Lesser World. It is about insects and I find it really cool! I suppose I will recomend it for those who like insects.

As for comics, I was reading the few early Robin (the third one) comics. I somehow stopped for reasons I myself is unsure of.

• 2 weeks later...

"The fourth crusade and the sack of Constantinopole", written by Jonathan Philips. Next in a queue waits "The Latin kingdom of Jerusalem: European Colonialism in the Middle Ages" by Joshua Prawer.

• Brohoof 1

I'm currently reading Black House by S. King and P. Straub. It's an interesting novel, and it's directly connected to Dark Tower, which makes it even more exciting.

Also, I started listening to Astrophysics for People in a Hurry (audiobook) by N. D. Tyson. Quite interesting too.

• 2 weeks later...