Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What book are you reading?

Fridge

I'm reading the Necronomicon right now, I've been reading it for a while but due to the layout of the book (it's a series of short stories that sometimes intertwine) I read other books at the same time. I've just finished reading The Traitor Queen and I'm now either going to start on the Hunger Games series or the Game of Thrones series, which one should I start first???

对戋丹刈屿吗屿ㄗㄑㄨ

?

Sorry, posting on my iPhone, wanted to see if other keyboards could write on here :P

• 1 month later...

I'm about to start His Majesty's Dragons. (At least, I think that's the title.)

I finished Ender's Game not too long ago, then First Meetings in Ender's Universe most recently.

• Brohoof 2

I finished Ender's Game not too long ago, then First Meetings in Ender's Universe most recently.

This me know how that is.  I own it but I haven't read it yet.  It looks pretty good but I haven't heard much about that.  I haven't rea dthe Ender's Game before but I might eventually.

• Brohoof 2

A bunch of my friends just read Ender's Game, and I intend reading it once I finish Matched.

As said, I am currently in chapter thirteen in Matched.

EDIT: I took a small break from Matched to read A Long Walk To Water. It's a very touching story, I recommend it. :D

EDIT 2: Private Games by James Patterson. Very good book, by the same author as the Maximum Ride series, which, must I say, was COMPLETELY AWESOME!

Edited by Octavia's Cellozoid
  • Brohoof 1

I have a shitload of books I have bought but have still to read. These include George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire -series, Jim Butcher's Dresden Files and a few books I have to read for school. I won't recommend those unless you know Finnish :P but all the others are really great.

• Brohoof 1

Currently reading the Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde again.  I do love this book.  Haven't been able to get others in a while though...really need new stuff lol but I do love this novel and would suggest it to anyone. ^^ I hadn't much cared for the movies for it at all, in all honesty but I still find the novel to be very satisfactory.  It's beautifully well-written and one of my favorites. <3

I'm reading the Silmarillion by J.R.R Tolkein.

It takes place before lotr and the hobbit...

And starts at the creation of the lotr universe.

So far it's been an amazingly written book.

Also. This season I got around 35 new books, either from Christmas presents or the books I bought with my 120$ in gift certificates. O_o

Edited by Zalgo

A bunch of my friends just read Ender's Game, and I intend reading it once I finish Matched.

As said, I am currently in chapter thirteen in Matched.

I love Matched and I have a copy of Reached on my shelf.

I'm currently in the middle of "The Looking Glass Wars" by an author named Frank Beddor. 

I'm also going to read a book called "Shadow and Bone" by an author named Leigh Bardugo.

Shadow and Bone was really good.  Seige and Storm comes out next year and I can't wait.

• Brohoof 1

I thought that I had posted in this thread.. But anyways, I am reading a book about horror (ye I am still reading it I read like a few pages a week) it's mostly about horror movies. But I'm also reading a book with a bunch of random facts in it. It's quite entertaining actually :)

This me know how that is.  I own it but I haven't read it yet.  It looks pretty good but I haven't heard much about that.  I haven't rea dthe Ender's Game before but I might eventually.

I will do that. ;)

The title isn't 'Dragons,' but 'Dragon.' I'm pretty sure the rest is the same: His Majesty's Dragon. After that... I dunno what I'm going to read... The Hunger Games series again, maybe...

• Brohoof 1

I'm reading the Silmarillion by J.R.R Tolkein.

It takes place before lotr and the hobbit...

And starts at the creation of the lotr universe.

So far it's been an amazingly written book.

Sure we mean the same book? I found everything after the creation incredibly dry.

Just finished "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman and reread "Good Omens" (Neil Gaiman & terry Pratchett). God I love this stuff.

Currently trying to get myself to read the second book from the Wheel of Time series...

• Brohoof 1

The Hobbit. I've been pretty lazy with reading it so far. I've been reading it for almost three weeks, and I'm only two chapters in.

• Brohoof 1

Novel-wise, I'm reading Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith. It's a great book actually - set under the dictatorship of Stalin. Combines crime with action with survival, a blend of three pretty enticing genres.

I'm also reading the biography of Hyok Kang, "This is Paradise". He was a refugee from North Korea and tells an account of what it was like under the rule of Kim Jong-Il. It's both a good read and satisfying to know that the Kim family can't do anything about their secret little dictatorship being leaked.

Edited by Flipturn

Sure we mean the same book? I found everything after the creation incredibly dry.

I'm only at the creation :P

Or, a little after it.

I've been a little distracted by other things, so I would have been a little farther.

Some cheap book called Knights of Blood, it's about a NYPD detective investigating Nazi and Crusader vampires. 

The story's okay, but the writing style is very bland and clunky. 

Edited by Shoboni

I started "The Elegance of the Hedgehog" by Muriel Barbery a couple months ago but didn't get very far. I'll probably have to start over since I forgot pretty much that has happened. I've just about finished Scott Westerfield's "Behemoth". I always slow down near the end of a book/series; it's like I don't want them to end. I should be starting John Green's "Paper Towns" soon.

Edited by Cota
  • Brohoof 1

I have read Rise of Nine, the third book in the Lorien Legacies series, by Pittacus Lore, Devouring By Simon Holt, and The Golden Compass.  I'm reading Shadow by Jenny Moss right now.