Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What book are you reading?

Fridge

I'm currently rereading the Witcher book series - in proper chronological order this time. I've finished The Last Wish and am in the middle of Season of Storms right now. 

I've also started an audiobook The Ancestors Tale by Richard Dawkins.

• 2 weeks later...

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, for about the twentieth time. It's the best book I've ever read and I keep going back to it time and time again, and I'll keep doing that for years to come. All seven books are great, but DH is by far the best. And don't try to tell me there are 8 books. There aren't. There are only seven in the main series, no more. Nothing about cursed children or anything. Nothing whatsoever.

• Brohoof 2

5a6b6376a7016_AllJudgmentFled.jpg.0ecd5eaca99672ecb502a66d5490c369.jpg

First bought this in a bookshop when I was student, be about 1973 at a guess. Lent it to a mate, then we left college lost track so I lost the book. Found one again in Booths Books Hay-on-Wye, couple of years ago. This could problee be 4th or 5th time I've read it.

Now onto Jem by Frederik Pohl.

• Brohoof 1

Song if Ice and Fire book one- finally gave in.

Rereading Blood Meridian because Cormack McCarthy stories are terrific reads.

Getting into the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I'm about a third of the way into Dark Lover and so far it's a gripping take on romance.

I'm very slowly trying to read the Silmarillion. Like, very slowly. I lost interest im reading but I've been thinking about reading more from it soon.

Since my last message I've read 5 books: 

- "SQPR" by Mary Beard 

-"Salonica City of Ghosts: Christians, Muslims and Jews" by Mark Mazower ('biography' of the macedonian city and its jewish, turkish and greek population)

-"Shah of Shahs" by Ryszard Kapuściński  (which was a reportage, not a history book, but it was very precious and interesting anyway, especially as knowledge about Iran and Islamic Revolution isn't too common)

-"The Plantagenets: The Warrior Kings and Queens Who Made England" by Dan Jones

-"The Norman Conquest" by Marc Morris (damn, those Normans were surely brutal, but their kingdom are so fascinating! I wish I could find something more about Norman kingdom of Sicily).  

Next in line - "The birth of civilization on the British Isles" by Wojciech Lipoński. I'm not sure, though, if the last one was published in the west, but if it was, then I surely recommend it - I didn't have so much fun with a history book since Joshua Prawer. 

Edited by Caligula