Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What book are you reading?

Fridge

"Religions of slavs", by Dariusz Sikorski, about pre-christian beliefs of Slavic people. Quite interesting, and with lots and lots of informations about the work done by historians. 

• Brohoof 1

Finishing Snuff by Chuck Palahniuk. It's really what you'd expect form this author, although not as enjoyable as Fight Club. If you're underaged don't even google it.

Started The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie. It was highly recommended to me as "one of the greatest fantasy books", but I can't tell if it's true yet - the beginning is quite slow.

I just started reading "The Godwulf Manuscript". Published in 1973, it's Robert B. Parker's VERY FIRST Spenser novel. Spenser hasn't even met the love of his life, Susan Silverman yet. He meets her in the second volume "God Save the Child". I have a request in at the library for that one. If they don't get it, I'm ready to probably start reading (re-reading) Sue Grafton's "A is for Alibi" the very first volume in her Kinsey Millhone "Alphabet Mysteries". Sadly, Sue Grafton passed away after writing "Y is for Yesterday". She came so close to sweeping the alphabet!

I may first read Ace Atkins new book "Robert B. Parker's: Old Black Magic" Atkins, a well renowned mystery writer in his own right, was chosen to continue the Spenser series when Mr. Parker passed away. His works so closely match the style and 'voice' of Parker's creation, that you almost can't tell that another author has taken the reins.  Since I already checked that out. I have it ready at hand!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

• 2 weeks later...

The subtle art of not giving a f*** by Mark Manson. It's a slightly different take on the typical self-help sort of book. I'm enjoying it so far and some of it's ideas are actually applicable for me.

I just finished the first Caiphus Cain omnibus and moving on to the War for Armageddon omnibus. It'll be quite the shift from Cain's semi-comical tone but I'm told the first book, Helsreach, is one of the best books in the series, maybe of all time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Life by Richard Dawkins. A very interesting approach to explaining the origin of species and how evolution works. Dawkins never disappoints me.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...