Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What book are you reading?

Fridge

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I just finished a book called Mistwood! :D I'm not that great at explaining plots, so here's a good page that has reviews (and surprisingly, isn't Amazon XD): http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6768411-mistwood

However, its sequel was one my mom, who prereads all young adult books that enter our home via the amazing Library, said was STUPID. Everything about it was stupid XD! She didn't make me read it. Personally, I don't want to read a book upon which her judgement was anything equal to or above "meh"!  :mellow:

Edited by yayayayayala
  • Brohoof 1

I'm currently reading "Soldier Five" by Mike Coburn. It's about the ill-fated Bravo Two Zero mission during the Gulf War. And it's told through the eyes of one of the survivors, the author of this book, Mike Coburn. He also gives an account of what it was like after he was captured, and how he was treated. And here's the interesting part. The British Government actually tried to ban this book from being sold. Tried, but failed. Overall, it's an excellent read.

I rarely read because I am very particular when it comes to finding a book.

As of now, I am not reading a book.

However, the few books I have enjoyed are "The Art Of Racing In The Rain" and "Animal Farm",

I'm kinda reading Enders by Lissa Price. I was one of the first to get the book, but I didn't touch it for ages. When I did, I read 200/300 straight and I haven't read it since xD

I used to be a big reader, but unfortunately, that's not me anymore :(

(edited)

I've been reading straight through the entire collection, in order, of Erle Stanley Gardner's Perry Mason novels. Right now I'm nearly finished number 24, "The Case of the Crooked Candle" written in 1944. They're all real page turners, um, button pushers. I have them all on my eBook reader. There are 82 total!

MLP:BIM

Bit-torrent is Magic!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

As for the Green Mile, I suggest it to being the first of King's non-horror novels to read, to anyone who wants to read King's non-horror novels. If you want his scary stuff, this isn't for you, but it does have some supernatural elements in it. It's my 2nd favorite book of all time, behind "A Day No Pigs Would Die," those two books being to only two books I've ever read to bring me to tears after finishing them. I'd highly reccommend it, dude :D

Hey-did you ever check out 'The Dark Tower' series by SK? It would definitely fall into the non-horror category  as well, but it is his Magnum Opus, spans more than 20 years and is phenomenally good. Another good one is '11/22/63'. I'm currently about half way through the unexpurgated version of 'The Stand'-big fan of Sai King. 

• Brohoof 1

Books I have read and am reading.

1: The well of sacrifice

2: Eon

3: Eona

4: The inheritance trilogy

5: The Twilight saga

6: Crispin: The cross of lead

7: At the edge of the world

8: book without words

9: Magyk

10: Starwars: Galaxy of terror series

11: animorphs series

12: jaws

13: Meg: A novel of deep terror

14: Meg 2

15: Star Wars books (tons)

16: Samurai girl series

17: The Lord of the rings

18: the forgotten realms series

19: Taggerung

20: White Fang

21: fire tear

Book 1- this is about Aztecs. It is a little graphic at points but rather engaging.

Books 2&3- this is a two part series about a young girl disguising herself as a boy. These books deal with dragons and magic

Books 6-8 are about the adventures of Crispin. You have to read them in order if you want to fully understand the storyline.

Book 9 is my favorite. It is similar to Harry potter in some ways yet different in others. Same both deal in magic and has evil wizards in it. It also has the enchanted objects as well.

Book 10: series based on Star wars characters. There really isn't much I can tell you because I've not read the series in a few years.

Book 11: this series is about a group of kids that have special genes that allow them to transform into an animal. Kinda similar to Mew mew power.

Books 12-14: please inbox me if curious. These books are not for young kids at all. Thank you.

Book 16: this series is about a girl who discovered her fathers involvement with the yakuza. Heaven( the main character) is sent to America to escape after the wedding is crashed.

Book 19: author is Brian Jacques

Book 20: Author is jack London. This book is similar to Balto for those who've seen it.

(edited)

Right now I'm trying to read a book called: Executive Orders, By: Tom Clancy.  The reason I say 'trying' is because I haven't had time to do so.  But from what I have read of it, it's freaking amazing.

Edited by Serious Sam
  • Brohoof 1

I'm at like 114 on one of the skulduggery books, but I had to take it back to the library.

I'm about half way through 50 shades darker, which im kinda reading when I think about reading it. Or else I forget.

I'm reading Mogworld, by Yahtzee Croshaw (Zero Punctuation). The main character dies in the first chapter. He then gets raised from the dead as a zombie, and spends the rest of the book trying to find a way to die properly so he can go back to nice, relaxing heaven.

Andrei Sakharov- Memoirs.

At some point, I need to start game of thrones. :D