Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What book are you reading?

Fridge

• 2 weeks later...

Currently looking to start reading Germany, Memories of a Nation for history and get that wrapped up early.

After that I've got both Armageddon and Helsreach books to read.

• Brohoof 1

The Difference Engine by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling. With just a few chapters left I must say, I'm a little disappointed. It is considered to be the first steampunk book, but it's really nothing special. It has some interesting views on the alternative history though.

I'm currently reading Landline by Rainbow Rowell.

It's her third book I've read but it's my least favourite :( 

I read Eleanor & Park years ago and loved it, and I finished Attachments last week. It wasn't quite as good as E&P but I was so hooked at the end.

Landline just hasn't got me so much. I guess I haven't quite figured out where it's all leading, even though I only have about 50 pages left, and the main character isn't that likable.

I'm not sure what I'm going to read next as this will be finished by the weekend, but I'm excited to pick something!

I'm currently reading Richard Gavin's "At Fear's Altar".  I'm actually nearly finished with it however, as I could not put the book down ever since I've started reading it.

Edited by AmarisNsane

I'm currently reading Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. Even though the genre isn't my favorite out there, I'm still enjoying the book surprisingly much. There are however many things that weird me out about it though.

The Ascent of George Washington.

It's in audio-book format, which is the best I can do given I put all my "reading" into work time. So I've been catching up on my history, mostly.

This title mostly targets the political aspects of Washington and makes the argument that he wasn't politically apathetic or disinterested. In fact choosing to focus on his political dealings during his time in the Virginia Militia when he was in his early 20's, the Virginian Colonial House of Burgesses, his political career during the Revolution as a general and the drafting of the later Constitution, and as president. Already a third of the way through, and it puts a light on the very interested dealings of Washington in politics as an ambitious youth whose scrambling to the top up to his appointment as Commander in Chief of the Continental Army, and during it his rather paranoid fear of being replaced as leader by Congress itself.

Ouh, sorry to say that, but I'm not a book lover.  :adorkable:

But perhaps I'd start liking reading when getting a good-for-me book?  :-P To be honest if there were magic books with spells and useful knowledge related to them, then I'd gladly study them. x3

Ive been switching between The Girl On the Train amd Grey.

A series of unfortunate events.

It's weird.

I love those book!!! The thing that i didnt like is that the begining always start out boring and then almost at the end they get intersting again so you are like suffering all the way through Edited by Starlighty

The Ascent of George Washington.

It's in audio-book format, which is the best I can do given I put all my "reading" into work time. So I've been catching up on my history, mostly.

This title mostly targets the political aspects of Washington and makes the argument that he wasn't politically apathetic or disinterested. In fact choosing to focus on his political dealings during his time in the Virginia Militia when he was in his early 20's, the Virginian Colonial House of Burgesses, his political career during the Revolution as a general and the drafting of the later Constitution, and as president. Already a third of the way through, and it puts a light on the very interested dealings of Washington in politics as an ambitious youth whose scrambling to the top up to his appointment as Commander in Chief of the Continental Army, and during it his rather paranoid fear of being replaced as leader by Congress itself.

Finished this and have moved on to Fallout Equestria, again.

Or rather I'm listening to it in audio-book form, like this.

Call of the Wild by Jack London

That was a great one!

I'm currently reading A March of Kings, the second book in The Sorcerer's Ring, by Morgan Rice. I recently found out that the series is seventeen books long, so I'm a happy camper. :D

• Brohoof 1

That was a great one!

I'm currently reading A March of Kings, the second book in The Sorcerer's Ring, by Morgan Rice. I recently found out that the series is seventeen books long, so I'm a happy camper. :D

Being a bookworm makes you cool. If you want a surrealist experience try Faulkner's As I Lay Dying. Good books are good, you guys.

• Brohoof 1

Discworld volume #1 (The Color Of Magic)

Before that I finished a 2nd hand paperback entitled "Waiting For Wiliam". Actually the front cover reads: "William is dead. Four People Are... Waiting For William".

Concurrently with that I was reading a sci-fi paperback where everyone dies at the end. Which was quite depressing :(

• Brohoof 2

Once you finish that one, Belgarath the Sorcerer is pretty good, but I'd only recommend Polgara the Sorceress if you have a pathological need to for the sake of completion.

I have already read them all actually. I have reread the Belgariad saga, and am currently on Sorceress of Darshiva in the Mallorean one. Then I may reread Belgarath, Polgara and the Riven Codex afterwards... but I dunno yet.. they just were not as interesting to me so I may skip them until much later. I will probably just move onto the Elenium and Tamuli. Although to be fair I may skip them as well since it would be my 4th time rereading the Elenium and my third on the Tamuli if I do. The only books I have yet to read by Eddings is some of his singular novels and the like (such as the Redemption of Althalus, which I own but have yet to read) and the Dreamers saga.

I have already read them all actually. I have reread the Belgararth saga, and am currently on Sorceress of Darshiva in the Mallorean one. Then I may reread Belgarath, Polgara and the Riven Codex afterwards... but I dunno yet.. they just were not as interesting to me so I may skip them until much later. I will probably just move onto the Elenium and Tamuli. Although to be fair I may skip them as well since it would be my 4th time rereading the Elenium and my third on the Tamuli if I do. The only books I have yet to read by Eddings is some of his singular novels and the like (such as the Redemption of Althalus, which I own but have yet to read) and the Dreamers saga.

I loved the Belgariad the first time I read it, and quite enjoyed the Mallorean, Belgarath was okay but by the time I got to Polgara (my second time reading the entire saga) I really started to notice the amount of contradictions he was writing into the books, and it hampered my enjoyment.  Detail is the key to good fantasy, and when you start making mistakes then the bubble of escapism begins to burst.

If you're looking for something else, and you haven't read them already then I could strongly recommend either David Gemmell or Stephen Donaldson.