Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What book are you reading?

Fridge

I loved the Belgariad the first time I read it, and quite enjoyed the Mallorean, Belgarath was okay but by the time I got to Polgara (my second time reading the entire saga) I really started to notice the amount of contradictions he was writing into the books, and it hampered my enjoyment.  Detail is the key to good fantasy, and when you start making mistakes then the bubble of escapism begins to burst.

If you're looking for something else, and you haven't read them already then I could strongly recommend either David Gemmell or Stephen Donaldson.

Have you read some of his other series? I loved the Belgariad and the Mallorean, but enjoyed the Elenium and Tamuli even more.

I have some of David Gemmell's books, I think I have all of his Drenai saga, as well as a couple of others from assorted series. I do not think I have any by Donaldson. Another really amazing series I love I will restart soon also is the Basil Broketail series by Christopher Rowley.

• Brohoof 1

Discworld volume #1 (The Color Of Magic)

Before that I finished a 2nd hand paperback entitled "Waiting For Wiliam". Actually the front cover reads: "William is dead. Four People Are... Waiting For William"

Concurrently with that I was reading a sci-fi paperback where everyone dies at the end. Which was quite depressing :(

If you stick with Discworld, you're in for a wonderful and glorious ride! Terry Pratchett is a favorite author of mine. I'll be returning to the Disc soon. Right now though, I'm reading "The Skies of Pern"  Anne McCaffrey is another favorite!

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of in between books at the moment. Last one I read was The Road to Serfdom.
Will probably read a book my friend wrote next, and listen to an audio reading of The Gulag Archipelago so I can do them both. I also have another Pratchett book I keep meaning to get round to...

Just finished A Monster Calls, I'll move on into Nerve (By Jeanne Ryan) Tomorrow.

Update: Just started reading Nerve, Currently at Chapter 4 now.

Update #2: Just read more for Nerve, Currently at Chapter 12 now, Will read more Later.

Update #3: Just read more for NERVE, Currently at Chapter 17 now, Will read more Tomorrow.

Update #4: Just finished reading NERVE Book.

Update #5: Just finished reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, I'll move on into The Book Thief (By Markus Zusak) Tomorrow.

Update #6: Just started reading The Book Thief, Currently at The Jesse Owens Incident book, Will read more Tomorrow.

Edited by Zachary

• 2 weeks later...

Currently: Ender in Exile.

It's a supplemental history novel for the Ender's Game series. Sort of like if J.K. Rowling wrote a book about a summer Harry spent with the Dursleys.

I'm reading the series in the chronological order of the story, so I'm on book 6 of 8. :)

Do comic books count? lol I do read a lot of comics but I read novels too especially a lot of Laurell J. Hamilton.

Laurell K. Hamilton* <3 just in case that wasn't on purpose ;)

• Brohoof 1

Currently: Ender in Exile.

It's a supplemental history novel for the Ender's Game series. Sort of like if J.K. Rowling wrote a book about a summer Harry spent with the Dursleys.

I'm reading the series in the chronological order of the story, so I'm on book 6 of 8. :)

Laurell K. Hamilton* <3 just in case that wasn't on purpose ;)

Yeah typo >_< tired pony was tired when that was typed lol.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah typo >_< tired pony was tired when that was typed lol.

No worries sugar. I just wanted to make sure, because if there was another author, 1) that'd have been AWESOME! and 2) I'd have introduced you to the Laurell I know. ;)

• Brohoof 1

The Colour Out of Space by H.P. Lovecraft

Actually the scariest story I've read. I usually don't get scared by books.

I've read everything Lovecraft has ever put out.

My favorite stories among others are

The Dunwich Horror

The Shadow Over Innsmouth

Dagon

Medusa's Coil

The Horror in the Museum

If you have not read them, I highly recommend it.  :P

Just today I finished the book The light between us: stories from heaven, lessons for the living by Laura Lynne Jackson. It was such a wonderful book, I definitely recommend it to people who'd be willing to see the universe in a different light.

No worries sugar. I just wanted to make sure, because if there was another author, 1) that'd have been AWESOME! and 2) I'd have introduced you to the Laurell I know. ;)

Keri Arthur is pretty close to the same style that Hamilton is if you have not read her work I highly recommend it! I've read nearly every Laurell book including the Star Trek and Nightseer. I've gotten behind a bit so I haven't read the last couple of Anita Blake books yet.

• Brohoof 1

Keri Arthur is pretty close to the same style that Hamilton is if you have not read her work I highly recommend it! I've read nearly every Laurell book including the Star Trek and Nightseer. I've gotten behind a bit so I haven't read the last couple of Anita Blake books yet.

Never heard of Keri Arthur. I'll have to check her out when I'm done with Ender's Game and Wheel of Time series (I promised to start it a bit ago, haha, time I finally did it.)