Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What book are you reading?

Fridge

Since I finally got my hands on a copy I am reading book 1 of the Sigma Force series, "Sandstorm" by James Rollins. I've been looking for some good historical fiction and this series was recommended for those with a love for the Uncharted and Tomb Raider games. :)

On 4/4/2017 at 0:57 AM, PathfinderCS said:

Since I finally got my hands on a copy I am reading book 1 of the Sigma Force series, "Sandstorm" by James Rollins. I've been looking for some good historical fiction and this series was recommended for those with a love for the Uncharted and Tomb Raider games. :)

You best hurry that book up. You have four days Path!

Thrawn-1.jpg

Four days!!!!

• Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, Jeric said:

You best hurry that book up. You have four days Path!

Thrawn-1.jpg

Four days!!!!

I swear it the day this comes out there may very well be a book spending spree with me; Imma want all four Thrawn novels! I read the original Thrawn trilogy on Kindle; Imma want them all in my hands now. :D

• Brohoof 1

Finished Thrawn late morning, and it was amazing. Probably my favorite depiction of the Star Wars character to date, and the book is my favorite of the new Cannon novels.  

I'm currently reading Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. I'm enjoying it so far! :) 

• Brohoof 1

Ok. I'm finally doing a deep read of the Rabbit Series from John Updike. Rabbit, Run is the first one. When I read the way I'm going to tonight, I'm basically going through and I take notes. Constantly backtrack and analyze the hell out of the style. 

And yes, I do find this enjoyable. 

58fd304ca5759_51r7ojhBiIL._SX323_BO1204203200_.jpg.7f67d2e818858c4df5475ca3b8301015.jpg

I've been reading most of Derek Robinson's books over the past month or so. I'm a big fan of historical fiction and I'm very interested in WW1 and WW2 planes lately.

His books are really good, I'd recommend them to anyone who likes historical fiction :)

I'm currently reading the bible, with plans to read other religious texts afterwards. I want to be able to have educated and awesome discussions with people of different beliefs :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

I'm reading "Christine" by Stephen King. I've never been interested in cars, but this car-themed novel is very well-written, so I'm enjoying it so far.

(edited)

The John Carter of Mars series, old and classy. I got them from a relative when younger. Never left my side since. It's cheesy, but not "bad". Sci-fi fantasy and all that. It's quite riveting if you don't mind "Strongest and smartest man in the universe" type stories.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfAVihldbIE2oXTWF45jE

Edited by Off-Kilter
Wrong Cover

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I've read it before, but it was a few years ago so I don't really remember all of it. I liked it back then and I'll probably like it now. I'm glad that I actually managed to find a copy in a book store and didn't have to go to the library for it. Plus, I heard that it's being made into a movie. I need to know what they changed so I can accurately complain about it.

Just finished Discworld book #7 (Pyramids - wot a hoot), about to start book #8 (Guards Guards!).

Also 2 old Sci-Fi paperbacks, Voyage To A Forgotten Sun - Donald J. Pfeil, and Promised Land - Brian Stableford.

• Brohoof 1