Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What book are you reading?

Fridge

I started reading The Scorch Trials yesterday while I was on my trip back home, but today I also started reading Born Wicked and Delirium, though I occasionally read several pages of The Gunslinger and The Hobbit (I'm re-reading both) and The Titan's Curse.

I can't read just one book at a time why

The daemons's curse (Malus Darkblade chronicles) by Dan Abnett and Mike Lee.

Re-reading it again, along with the rest of the books. I'm always amazed again and again, really one of the best or the best book series I've ever seen. I imagine it's not all that cool if you aren't fan of Warhammer (not 40k).

I started "The Elegance of the Hedgehog" by Muriel Barbery a couple months ago but didn't get very far. I'll probably have to start since I forgot pretty much that has happened. I've just about finished Scott Westerfield's "Behemoth". I always slow down near the end of a book/series; it's like I don't want them to end. I should be starting John Green's "Paper Towns" soon.

I absolutely LOVE the Leviathan series, it was really good and the plotline got me into stories with genres like that. Especialy stuff with steampunk themes.

• Brohoof 1

I absolutely LOVE the Leviathan series, it was really good and the plotline got me into stories with genres like that. Especialy stuff with steampunk themes.

I'm a fan of steampunk books as well.  Have you read the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare?  It's a prequel series the Mortal Instruments by the same author and I would recommend at least reading the first three Mortal Instrument books before the Infernal Devices.  The Mortal Instruments are: City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls, and City of Heavenly Fire due out in 2014.  The Infernal Devices are: Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince, and Clockwork Princess due later this year.  Both series are on their final book.

EDIT!

You might also like a series mentioned earlier in the. thread.  It's called Temeraire and the first book is called His Majesty's Dragon.  It's written by Naomi Novik.

Edited by Psych Ward
  • Brohoof 2

I'm a lightning fast reader, but currently I'm reworking my way through the Darren Shan Lord Loss series, on Death's Shadow currently. Not a hugely well known author, but goshdarnit if he doesn't come out with some amazing literature.

And pardon the bandwagonosity but I'll also probably be re-reading The Hobbit after I finish Hell's Heroes, It's quite a captivating read (mostly)

I usually have seven or eight books on the go.

At the moment I'm re-reading all the kids books I liked (loser), so the Septimus Heap and Redwall series (I never read children or teen literature besides those...I remember being obsessed with both :P I'm actually so excited for Fyre, I'm such a child...)

I'm on a Palahniuk roll again so I have Invisible Monsters on the go.

Couple of books on analytical pyschology.

The Green Man by Kingsley Amis.

Robots Have No Tails by Henry Kuttner

The Man Who Folded Himself by David Gerrold (name familiar to anyone? :3)

Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Anne Burns

And my giant EAP book that I make a point of reading once a month.

Next up I want to re-read the Sandman series by Neil Gaiman, The Recursive Universe by William Poundstone, The Green Child by Herbert Read, and a few old mangas of mine.

Edited by Captain Hammer

I'm a lightning fast reader, but currently I'm reworking my way through the Darren Shan Lord Loss series, on Death's Shadow currently. Not a hugely well known author, but goshdarnit if he doesn't come out with some amazing literature.

And pardon the bandwagonosity but I'll also probably be re-reading The Hobbit after I finish Hell's Heroes, It's quite a captivating read (mostly)

I love his books.  I've read all twelve of the Cirque Du Freak, seven of the Demonata (Lord Loss), all four of the Larten Crepsley books, The Thin Executioner, and the first Zom-B book.

• Brohoof 1

This thread at the moment. 

I'm in the process of reading a buck load of Ebooks on my computer at the moment for graphic design, engineering ect. 

At the moment I'm reading a .pdf called "The Skillful Huntsman" by Iain McCaig. It's certainly a good read with lots of pretty pictures for my childlike mind to process easily. 

• Brohoof 1

Like some others have mentioned, I'm currently ploughing my way through some of Jim Butcher's Dresden books. The latest one got delivered to me on Sunday, and I've already finished it. I kept me up til 2am, and I was really tired at work today. Totally worth it, though. I'm reading Side Jobs now, which is a collection of short stories that take place between the main books. Then I will restart reading Scott Pilgrim... in color!

I usually have seven or eight books on the go.

At the moment I'm re-reading all the kids books I liked (loser), so the Septimus Heap and Redwall series (I never read children or teen literature besides those...I remember being obsessed with both :P I'm actually so excited for Fyre, I'm such a child...)

I'm on a Palahniuk roll again so I have Invisible Monsters on the go.

Couple of books on analytical pyschology.

The Green Man by Kingsley Amis.

Robots Have No Tails by Henry Kuttner

The Man Who Folded Himself by David Gerrold (name familiar to anyone? :3)

Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Anne Burns

And my giant EAP book that I make a point of reading once a month.

Next up I want to re-read the Sandman series by Neil Gaiman, The Recursive Universe by William Poundstone, The Green Child by Herbert Read, and a few old mangas of mine.

oh my lord -  Septimus Heap! Truly, a brilliant series, and somewhat of an influence on my username.

I love his books.  I've read all twelve of the Cirque Du Freak, seven of the Demonata (Lord Loss), all four of the Larten Crepsley books, The Thin Executioner, and the first Zom-B book.

I mostly love the Demonata series, I never seemed to get into his other series' though :(

on a side note, anyone read much James Patterson? I found his Witch & Wizard series phenomonal.

Oh. And if anyone here is a fan of the Inheritance Cycle (eragon etc), Alex Rider (stormbreaker etc), or the Lincoln Rhyme saga(probably better known in an older audience), then I salute you.  

I love his books.  I've read all twelve of the Cirque Du Freak....

I take it they are superior to that godawful movie (never met someone who actully read those)?

Next up I want to re-read the Sandman series... and a few old mangas of mine.

Kudos for your taste in comics. Also, care to elaborate what manga?

You might also like a series mentioned earlier in the. thread.  It's called Temeraire and the first book is called His Majesty's Dragon.  It's written by Naomi Novik.

Coincidence I'm reading His Majesty's Dragon? So far, and almost halfway through it, and I love it!

There's something about the idea of dragons that gets me...

I've been reading the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings books lately. Otherwise I haven't been actively reading that much. (Mostly just watching back episodes of MLP on YouTube)

I just finished reading the last book in the Kane Chronicles a few weeks ago. I personally like book format better, but that's just my opinion.

Not really a book, but im reading a fellow bronies novel called On the Tales of Solar Winds (its by Kolth). Its unfinished and I'm only halfway through but it is really intriguing, ya'll should read it!

OH and Harmonic Revelations, A Brief History of Time is one of the most amazing books I have ever read. Hawking's best book imo

Edited by biscuit
  • Brohoof 2