Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What book are you reading?

Fridge

I recently finished "Chernobyl. How it happened?" by A. Dyatlov. It was really interesting, with quite a few points that other sources and the TV show did not show or showed differently. For example, he says in the book that there was no minimum limit on the reactor power, so running it at 200MW was in line with the rules. After the explosion, the rules were updated to include a lower limit of 700MW and the operators were accused of not following the rule that was not there at the time. I read the book in English (as I do not really understand Russian) and it seemed like the translation was done with Google Translate, but I like his style of writing.

I have not started it yet but I am going to read the book Bearing an Hourglass by Piers Anthony due to the fact it is the first form of media that uses the word alicorn to describe a horse with both wings and a horn. It is for this reason I am curious.

Edited by Dabmanz

i am reading "the loiterer" (aylak adam) at the moment and it is honestly great! after finishing it i'm thinking about going into some stuff of shakespeare cause his pieces are always fun to read and quick, it's good to read them while you're on an exam week and trying to relax your mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh eh eh

Hitchiker’s guide to the galaxy.

Ive been reading since.... early last year :love: . I forget the last time I read a page :wacko: .

Or was it two years ago :huh: ? 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice
by James D. Foley, Andries van Dam, Steven K. Feiner, John Hughes

Yes, I am a nerd :wacko:

• Brohoof 2

Evolution or Death by Ivan Semesyuk. A bizarre story of philosophical adventures of a thuggish baboon called Thomas who turns out to be a reincarnation of Bankei Yōtaku.

I am jumping between graphics books, to try to figure out a common way to draw polygons. The known ones are not good for me. I am reading "Windows Graphics Programming: Win32 GDI and DirectDraw" by Feng Yuan. It's really good :o

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently listening to Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone. Well actually in the Pottermore website, they're running this special event where actors/actress from HP/FB will be reading each new chapter every week to us! :squee: Something to look forward to during my self-quarantine. 

• Brohoof 1