Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What book are you reading?

Fridge

I'm currently reading Brandon Mull's third Beyonders book.  I just finished The Shining.  I also have Fearless by Cornelia Funke and Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card to read.

Halfway through Halo Evolutions Volume I, not getting anywhere, welp. Problem with short story compliations: You can actually put the damn book down, in between the stories. Next up after this though is probably Ian M Banks or Pratchett, my backlog is loooooong

Or I'll just reread To Kill A Mockingbird, actual best book ever!

I've just finished reading a Warhammer novel called Riders of The Dead by Dan Abnet. Got to say that  I really enjoyed that book especially the parts with Karl Reiner Vollen in it. I think I might re-read my Skulduggery Pleasant book now.

I am currently reading The Revenge of the Shadow King by Benz, Derek and J.S. Lewis. It was a novel that I read many years ago when I was a young child, that I am now revisiting. It has been a long enough period of time since then that I do not remember the majority of what happens in the story, but more comes back to me as I continue reading. 

Well... I just finished The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub, and I tried to read its sequel, Black House. However, I got so pissed off within the first 30 minutes that I put it down.

But now my mom tells me that so much of that book ties in with the Dark Tower series (best book series ever made, thank you), so I HAVE to read it.

For those of you who've never read the Dark Tower series, do it. They're by Stephen King, but they're not his usual horror. Instead, it's a seven part epic tale of a man in a different world who is the last gunslinger from the east. He's basically like... Clint Eastwood meets a ninja. Lots of western themes in the book, considering that King took inspiration from the wild west heavily. There's also a lot of crazy shit that goes on. The character meets other characters, travels to our world, and even meets... No, I can't reveal that. It's too much of a WTF. Seriously, though, give 'em a whirl. You'll be glad you did.

Although I'm warning you now that if you're expecting a "and they all lived happily ever after" ending, you'd better remember that this is Stephen King.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently reading Chuck Palahniuk's Survivor. I was looking through the Palahniuk books at Barnes & Noble and stumbled upon this one. I read the first few lines and immediately decided to get it. So far, it's pretty interesting. I'm excited to continue reading it biggrin.png

Read "Dodger" by Terry Pratchett. Very reminiscent of earlier works, way better than "Snuff", but sadly not up to DW classics.sad.png

Currently Reading "Betrayer" by Aaron Dembski-Bowden. Lends an awful lot of depth to Angron, Kharn and co.,that you wouldn't expect them to have.

Although I'm warning you now that if you're expecting a "and they all lived happily ever after" ending...

Or, for that matter, an ending at all...

I was reading Himmler's war, but I kind of just stopped a few months back because I got caught up in school work. I should finish it. I'm currently reading a manga. The disappearance of Yuki-Chan volume 4. Yup. 

Does Manga count ? lol  Curently reading Excel Saga (on vol. 25).

As for non manga,  Im re-reading my MYST books and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (all 5 books).  Guess im on a bit of a nostalga trip.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.  Yes,  I realize I am a bit late to just begin reading this series.  I've already read the Hobbit (fantastic) and I barely saw the ending a a small part of the middle of the movie they made of the first part of it.  (Why would you make the smallest book in the series into three movies?  I mean, what is this... *continues rant elsewhere*)  I also have no idea why it is taking me so long to get through the Fellowship of the Ring.  I have been "reading" that book for the past I think five months, that's almost HALF A YEAR, and I still haven't made it past Chapter V: A Conspiracy Unmasked.  I just don't know what's going wrong!  I love reading, I love books, give me the Ultimate HitchHiker's Guide, I'll have it back to you in a month (which is a record-breaking amount of time for a book that large)!  And this is a CLASSIC!  How am I not finishing it... I think it's because the first of it is slow.  Reeeaaally slow.  Nothing very eventful yet has happened, so I guess I just have to keep attempting to read it until I reach the middle or something.  Then I'm on to the Twin Towers, and then the Return of the King, and then I go to the rest of my unbearably long reading list, starting with, believe it or not, Sherlock Holmes.  Good day to you, sirs.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished reading "The Graveyard Book" by Neil Gaiman (wish it was longer) and read through some remarkably  unremarkable German fantasy books.

Nothing very eventful yet has happened, so I guess I just have to keep attempting to read it until I reach the middle or something

Yeah, its a wee bit slow to start off. The story does somewhat accelerate, once the fellowship is actually formed.

(edited)

For (approx.) the past 5 hours, I've been reading:

Nikola Tesla, Physicist, Inventor, Electrical Engineer

Did you know that the speedometer of cars and motorcycles was invented by Nikola Tesla himself.(According to the book, if my eyes are seeing it correctly)

What else are you guys reading?

P.S. Please Apologize me if I had mistakenly said the wrong information about the invention of the speedometer :(

Edited by Purple Rune

Right now I'm reading PC Gamer on my tablet. Reading a digital magazine on a 683:384 (1366x768 is NOT 16:9, thank you) display is a bit awkward, it'd probably be better on 4:3, but it's still readab- IS THAT A DESKTOP PROCESSOR IN A LAPTOP?! WHAT.

-Inferno-

Short and old novel, but a really good read. Plot: Science fiction writer dies at a tragic party accident and wakes up in a weird mysterious place: hell. However being a science fiction writer he doesn't believe it and think's he is in an insane asylum called Infernoland. Don't want to give anymore away other than he tried to find a way out. Really good read I recommend it to everyone.  

(edited)

I'm currently reading "a feast for crows", the third installment in "the song of ice and fire" series(game of thrones). I'm soon done with it though, so I'l start reading the next part soon :wub:

Edited by The Swedish Brony

(edited)

In the end of the 1980s the priest of the village where I once had been raised wrote this book about the history of the village from the 1800s and up till now. Some of my old neighbours and my family are also mentioned in this book.

m7gdww.jpg

Edited by Ulrik Raben

I just finished Unravel Me By Taherah Mafi and I'm getting ready to start either The Program By Suzanna Young or Hidden By Sophie Jordan.  Probably the latter.