Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Ask any Pony on a Date!

Page Turner

(edited)

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry *.* I must have overlooked that. Let me get right to it.

... I feel like a diphead now.  :blush:

What Recreational Substances you may or may not use are none of my concern. But don't sweat it, It's just a missed post. not all that surprising considering the turnover here.

Page, bro just wondering when my story will move on cos you said something about it not in sync with the other stories :|

Soon. Very soon. It should be this week. just hang tight. Edited by ~Neutral Page~

@~Neutral Page~

First off, I don't know what you've been eating but it's working! These posts are fast AND quality!

Anyway, I just wanted to say, for my next post. I'm not going to control Daring at all. It's just going to be basically me in a fight scene. It's also going to be the first scene in which I actually DO SOMETHING! 

I figure the best time to impress Daring is now, but I also realize that you have a greater story going on. I'm handing the reins of the scene over to you on this one.

At the least, it would be nice if Daring sees me fight and suddenly sees me as more than just a pathetic sidekick. But I'm not making any demands. It wouldn't make sense if I just swooped in and stabbed Pinkbeard in the heart after all. (That would be like if Will managed to get Davy Jones' heart and stabbed it off screen.)

Holy cow. These replies are taking Waaay too long! I'm going to blame Meta. he's got 1 and a half replies to do and I haven't seen him all week. (Of ourse, I've been doing a bit of procrastinating myself, so I guess I can't blame Meta COMPLETELY.... Nah. I'm the boss and I can blame whoever I want! It's all Meta's Fault.

(Seriosly though, I'm going to TRY to get these out today.)

• Brohoof 1

Holy cow. These replies are taking Waaay too long! I'm going to blame Meta. he's got 1 and a half replies to do and I haven't seen him all week. (Of ourse, I've been doing a bit of procrastinating myself, so I guess I can't blame Meta COMPLETELY.... Nah. I'm the boss and I can blame whoever I want! It's all Meta's Fault.

That would be greatly appreciated page, and with a little bit more detail if you wouldn't mind ;P I would love to see how Dashie and I work out

Not sure if you noticed, but I'm going through stress. I'll try to get them done now, but that's why I didn't do this a lot sooner. Sorry, Page.

That would be greatly appreciated page, and with a little bit more detail if you wouldn't mind ;P I would love to see how Dashie and I work out

That all depends on you, the more you give me to work with, the more I can give back. this time I'm afraid your reply will be quite brief, but rest assured that they'll pick up once the action starts.

Dox couldn't contain his laughter when Chord said it sounded like garbage. When he turned red, it didn't help, either. But when Vinyl had said that it actually sounded good, Dox shut up and stood straight, looking at her, stunned. "Y-you really think so? Well, I guess it is... Chord's always freaking out about how our music sounds, I guess it has kinda rubbed off on the rest of us... But, I've always thought it sounded kinda good." Dox smiles at her.

I'm not sure what to do with this, do you want this to replace your other reply? because I've already got the reply to that one ready, and the reply I made doesn't make sense with this one. also, it was Stylus Slider who said it sounded like garbage, not D Chord, Chord just reacted.
  • Brohoof 1

Poem of the Day/Week/Month
Keys

There are walls around my heart
To hide my scars from view.
I wear them like a skin
To hide the marks from you.

No girl has marred my heart,
But it’s scarred just the same.
To obey is the command
I follow every day.

Each word a key to freedom
If I knew which words to ring,
But words are walls against me
The key’s locks’ what hold me in.

In a prison made of keys,
The key that holds me in,
What may one day be my freedom
Holds me forever locked in.

• Brohoof 1

Can I start posting again? I think we are almost at the same PAGE (hehehehehehehehe) over at the posting area xD

(ha. ha. ha. Never heard that one before. Hilarious.)

Anyway, yes. I would like you to re-post your last reply.

• Brohoof 1

The chaos of the previous battle had been ground to a halt, as if the Captain's presence commanded such attention that even war was still before him.

Both crews now starred in rapt attention at the duel before them, silently rooting for their respective champions.

Daring was ferocious and unrelenting, but her technique could use some work. Pinkbeard, on the other hoof, was a monster in more ways than one apparently! He was nearly a head taller than Steels' good friend Fancypants, and twice as heavily muscled. His weapon was a cutlass and a fine one, longer and sharper than what his crew was swinging. Worse yet, he knew what he was doing.

Steel flew over Daring and tried to strike high on the Captain. With a quick twist of his neck, Pinkbeard deflected Steel's blade. Daring tried to go for the opening, but Pinkbeard struck out with his left foreleg in a wide hook. Daring recovered quickly from the Haymaker while Steel came at the Captain from behind. Pinkbeard parried Daring's strike, and to Steel's shock and dismay, actually bucked away his. Steel tried to strike with his other sword, but Pinkbeard spun on his hooves and parried again.

During the brief binding of blades, Pinkbeard pressed upon Steel's strong ((it's the part of the blade near the hilt)) using his superior physical might to bring his blade close to Steel's neck. He then hooked his right foreleg behind Steel's left foreleg and tossed the pegasus back around.

Steel slid on the ground next to Daring. He quickly got to his hooves and assumed his fighting stance, but panted heavily. This was not good. Their foe was both stronger, had longer reach, and was obviously trained.

"You got a plan?" Steel asked the Adventurer Archeologist.

"I dunf know I'm 'aking tis up ash I go." Daring deadpanned around the hilt in her mouth. A thought struck Steel. It was something so obscure that even if the Captain knew about it, there was little chance he knew how to counter it.

"Daring?" Steel said. Once again, not taking his eyes off his opponent. Pinkbeard was now grinning around the hilt of his weapon, confident in the sureness of his victory. "I'm going to try something, I wouldn't call it a plan but-" Pinkbeard advanced. No time to explain, Steel pulled Daring close to him to take her sword.

For one moment, time seemed to stop. Their lips met around the grip of a weapon. Perverse as it seemed to Steel, that felt right. Daring relaxed her jaw a little bit, giving Steel her blessing to take the sword. Steel reached out with his tongue to pull the hilt from Daring's possession. He briefly felt the faint but tantalizing taste of dates, which Daring had been eating. His ear perked up. He didn't have any right to hear this over the crashing waves, groaning riggings, or his own heart pounding in his head, but his was a swordfighter's mind. He knew this sound well, it was the sound of cut air.

Steel tightened his jaw, clenching the hilt tightly in his teeth. Almost reluctantly, Steel pulled his lips from Daring's as Pinkbeard's blade came down upon them like the scythe of Nightmare Moon.

But Steel Accord would not be taken in battle. With nary a turn of his head, Steel blocked the mighty blow; a shower of sparks flared to life as the blades bit into each other. Using the bind, Steel guided the Captain's blade away. Steel then stuck his own wing-sword into the deck and lifted himself upon it. He swung both his hind legs around for a round house buck.

Captain Pinkbeard was sent reeling away, almost loosing his own sword. Steel recovered and landed before the Captain in a new stance. He held the one sword in his mouth, pointing out to his right. His right wing-sword stuck out slightly below it. His left wing was folded almost completely over his back, sticking his left sword out to his right with the other two. This was the battle stance of the ancient pegasi art of Santoryu: Three sword style. 

Pinkbeard tried to regain control of the situation. He tried to strike at Steel's left. Steel parried and did a riposte with his right blade. The Captain tried to strike Steel's right, but was blocked and received a cut to the cheek from a downward slice of Steel's center blade. They were light cuts, but Steel grinned at the sight of red drops staining the wood.

"It looks like you can bleed Captain." He said perfectly through the hilt.

"Grrrrr." Pinkbeard growled in indignation.

"Maybe if I get the chance I'll use this fight as an opportunity to give you a shave." Steel chuckled as the sword in his mouth glinted off the sun.

"Arrrrrrrgh!" The Captain, roared and charged. Forgoing all technique to eviscerate the insolent swordpony.

"Dragon TWISTER!" Steel flapped once and shot forward. Corkscrewing toward the Captain like a typhoon of blades.

Steel landed and spun back around in a ready position behind the Captain, who now had several deep cuts in him. Pinkbeard turned slowly, with murder in his eyes. He brought his weapon back for another charge.

*Whooo-CRACK!*

The cutlass was roughly wrenched from his jaw. It sailed through the air, gave somepony a buzz cut as it flew by, and dug itself into the remaining mast.

Nursing his mouth, the Captain beheld Daring Do, cracking her whip like she'd been doing it all her life. After a few painful and humiliating lashes, Daring aimed for Pinkbeard's namesake. Violently jerking her head, she forced the Captain to the deck. She flew over and landed behind him with Steel. Lashing out one last time, Daring ensnared Pinkbeard's leg. She twirled in place, actually lifting him from the deck. After three revolutions, Daring loosened the grip and the pirate was sent flying toward the stern. A small explosion of saw dust marking his landing.

Steel and Daring looked into each other's eyes. Steel didn't know what Daring saw in his, but he saw fire. She was like fire. Wild, untamed, and beautiful. They both nodded and took wing to finish him off together. As they both landed, Pinkbeard burst from the haze.

Startlingly, he was standing on his hind legs and had VERY big blunderbuss at the ready that he had hidden under his coat.

*Cha-cl-click*

Both Steel and Daring froze in place.

"You coward!" Steel yelled. The Captain just smiled.

"Pirate."

That was amazing. I'm jelly...... 
You wrote that so well, it held my attention the entire time, it also makes me want to see the next post, this is sure exciting.

• Brohoof 1

That was amazing. I'm jelly...... 

You wrote that so well, it held my attention the entire time, it also makes me want to see the next post, this is sure exciting.

Don't be jelly. It's just what I do. My cutie mark is a sword and pen for a reason. I want to be a writer professionally and have been studying to hone my craft.

For some additional feedback. May I ask what about this held you so much? Or what individual part stuck out?

Also, it is a good day that I can make an Indy, Pirates of the Caribbean, and One Piece reference all in one post!  B)

Don't be jelly. It's just what I do. My cutie mark is a sword and pen for a reason. I want to be a writer professionally and have been studying to hone my craft.

For some additional feedback. May I ask what about this held you so much? Or what individual part stuck out?

Also, it is a good day that I can make an Indy, Pirates of the Caribbean, and One Piece reference all in one post!  B)

You write action really well, Even knowing that neither side could actually die, you actually had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I also felt that the 'kiss' trade of was particularly clever and well done, It's a difficult thing to completely halt the action like that and still hold the reader's interest. The triple reference was also a nice touch.

Do you write Fanfiction? If not, you should, and if so, I'd like to know where I can find your stuff.

• Brohoof 1

You write action really well, Even knowing that neither side could actually die, you actually had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I also felt that the 'kiss' trade of was particularly clever and well done, It's a difficult thing to completely halt the action like that and still hold the reader's interest. The triple reference was also a nice touch.

Do you write Fanfiction? If not, you should, and if so, I'd like to know where I can find your stuff.

First off, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Not only for your, greatly appreciated, praise but this whole thread. Your whole idea of "Indy of the Caribbean" is utterly inspired and fully utilizes the adaptability of Equestria as a setting.

Second, giving the Captain "some freedom" was fully intentional. I didn't think you wanted to build up Captain Pinkbeard to be this Barbossa/Davy Jones/Blackbeard level threat only for him to die by my hooves. At least not the first time we fight. (Can you say, Gary Stu?)

Third, yes and no. I have begun to write my magnum opus. It's notably my first venture into fanfiction and serious creative writing. But I still have a long way to go till completion and I could REALLY use some help with pre-reading and especially proof-reading. The first guy I asked to do this told me my grammar was so bad, it was actually distracting him from the story. I'm not asking you for either of these. But if you are interested, here is a link to my story. Please forgive my writing if it is sub-par.  :(

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/74842/the-conversion-bureau-ascension

The password to view it is "brotherhood."

You can also find "my stuff" in bits and pieces everywhere. Sometimes I see deviantart pictures or YouTube videos that get me thinking so I write a scenario describing it in the comments.

Like this one: 

fluttershy_in_bed_by_laffy372-d4tulx4.jp

"Scared? What are you scared of sweetheart?" You asked as you trot up next to her bed.

"I don't know . . . Lots of things. Like lightning when it's stormy out, or ghosts when it's too quiet." You put a hoof on her's.

"Don't worry. I'll stay right here then." Fluttershy's eyes light up.

"Oh thank you, ever so much! I'm sorry about holding you up." Fluttershy quietly says.

"It's fine, anything for you!" You sincerely reply. Fluttershy smiles and blushes. She looks so adorable and beautiful that you do likewise. For the longest time you two just stare at each other. Neither one of you wants to break eye contact to disturb the peace you're both sharing. You can feel your heart pounding in your chest. Fluttershy narrows her eyes. She's probably tired but you can't help but also notice how . . . enticing it is. You lean closer to her and you do something you never thought you would do to Fluttershy . . . you sing to her.

~Hush now 

Quiet now 

It's time to lay your sleeping head~

Fluttershy sighs contentedly, happy to be the comforted as opposed to the comforter for once.

"Thank you." She whispers as her eyes close. You finish your song, yet you don't leave right away. You linger by her bedside. You just stand there for a while. Her lucious pink mane, her dimple little nose, her supple yellow coat, the gentle rise and fall of her breath. You know what you want to do. Will she wake up? If she does, will she hate you? You lean forward again, your heart is now pounding hard in your head. Inches apart, you can feel her breaths on your lips. It smells like a fresh spring breeze! Gentle as a butterfly landing on a flower, you place your lips upon her's. You dare not hold it longer than a moment. You break the kiss and turn silently for the door.

"Goodnight Fluttershy." You whisper.

"Mmmm goodnight."

Or this one!:

good_evening_vinyl_scratch_by_johnjoseco

"Late night got you sleepy, babe?" Neon said as he trotted in, Starbuck coffee suspended in his magic. Vinyl rubbed her head.

"Yeah." She responded groggily before taking the cup. "Thanks." She drank some of the caffeinated beverage.

"I honestly don't know how you stay awake like this. Even I have my limits." Neon said with a bit of concern in his voice as he moved next to her.

"Helps when I think of my fans. Them all cheering. . . guess I just take the energy from them." Neon smiled at his marefriend's passion and dedication to her followers.

"Think you might want to call it a night?" He asked. Vinyl forced a smile from under tired eyes.

"Nah! Disco never dies, rock never rests, and DJ-PON3 doesn't dose!" Neon laughed at Vinyl's attempt to hide her exhaustion behind her stage persona. His horn glowed and the studio lights went out. Before Vinyl could protest, Neon wrapped his forelegs around her and magically replaced the lights with an ethereal display of soothing blue, violet, and orange. He then reached over and turned the studio's player to Pony G's "songbird." Vinyl squirmed slightly in protest. Her words were somewhat slurred.

"Come on Neon! My fans need me! You can't stop the-" She closed her eyes and leaned back into her coltfriend's embrace. He carried the sleeping unicorn to the studio bed and kissed her gently as to not wake her.

"Sweet dreams, Vinyl Scratch."

One last thing. I'm going to try something that might seem like it's taking a step too far, but the payoff will be SO WORTH IT! If it is that bad, we can certainly discuss about revising it.

It's just . . . it's where the story was leading me. As weird as it sounds, when I write, it doesn't feel so much like I'm painting something upon a blank canvas. It's more like I'm sculpting out of marble. Just chipping away to reveal what's already there.

I'm sorry about the length.

Edited by Steel Accord

(OOC: I have a question. I want to use my ponysona/OC is that ok? Cuz  I am not sure if I should because he is very DBZ inspired and has alot of special abilities. I am unsure if that would be alright in this particular roleplay thread. Please and thank you for whatever response you give me.)

Questions like this are why we have an OOC topic.

Please link your Character sheet here And I will decide. For the record though, If you know your OC is bad, you should probably take steps to fix the problem.

Questions like this are why we have an OOC topic.

Please link your Character sheet here And I will decide. For the record though, If you know your OC is bad, you should probably take steps to fix the problem.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/jesse-r1824

Here you go. Hope you enjoy. This should help you decide if it is a good idea or not. Please and thank you. :)

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/jesse-r1824

Here you go. Hope you enjoy. This should help you decide if it is a good idea or not. Please and thank you. :)

well, I've seen worse, at least he's not an alicorn... If we Nerf his abilities a tad I think we can keep the universe intact, who were you hoping to date?

well, I've seen worse, at least he's not an alicorn... If we Nerf his abilities a tad I think we can keep the universe intact, who were you hoping to date?

Sorry if you did not find my ponysona/OC appealing. I just really love DBZ. The idea of being an earth pony came from the fact that Goku is like the most powerful saiyan ever, yet he was ranked as a low class.

And I was thinking either Twilight or RD.

Sorry if you did not find my ponysona/OC appealing. I just really love DBZ. The idea of being an earth pony came from the fact that Goku is like the most powerful saiyan ever, yet he was ranked as a low class.

And I was thinking either Twilight or RD.

Ah. and here we have the real problem. both of them are taken. please take a moment to read through the OP post on this thread.

Ah. and here we have the real problem. both of them are taken. please take a moment to read through the OP post on this thread.

I see. Well shame, but oh well. Hmm....I don't see that the unicorn Lyra has been taken by anypony . Is she game? Or maybe Colgate, the toothbrush unicorn? :)

I see. Well shame, but oh well. Hmm....I don't see that the unicorn Lyra has been taken by anypony . Is she game? Or maybe Colgate, the toothbrush unicorn? :)

either one of those would be fine.

although, if you wanted RD, you could go For Lightning Dust or Spitfire...

either one of those would be fine.

although, if you wanted RD, you could go For Lightning Dust or Spitfire...

Lightning Dust? Heck no. Actually now that I think about it...I would like Spitfire very much! She does have a very awesome character design. Sorry if I am being stupid, but to make it happen I just have to ask SPitfir on a date in the actual thread right?

Edited by JesstroidPrime

Lightning Dust? Heck no. Actually now that I think about it...I would like Spitfire very much! She does have a very awesome character design. Sorry if I am being stupid, but to make it happen I just have to ask SPitfir on a date in the actual thread right?

*Sigh* there is no justice. Trixie acts like a B**ch and everyone loves her, Lightning Dust is a bit overzealous and everyone hates her.

Yes. that's right, I will add you to the list and you can post in the RP at your convenience.

• Brohoof 1