Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

No more Twinkies or Wonder Bread ;_;

Lady Rarity Pony

I don't mind, I never really was into either of those. They were just one of those meh things. Twinkies tasted like old too artificially sweetened whipped cream smashed in cardboard dust tubes. Wonderbread was just something my parents never got, so I never really knew the joy of it.

This. I guess it's a cultural icon, but I never actually cared for anything that they made. Also, its reputation for aggravating irresponsible diets and self-induced early death is not entirely undeserved.

EDIT: I just now noticed that this thread's tags read "CRY, FAT PEOPLE". When I saw that, I laughed. It's mean. But still funny.

Edited by NLR Information Minister
  • Brohoof 1

Ah ha ha ha ha! Suck it, Twinkie lovers! Never really liked them, myself, and wonder bread is overpriced, so I don't really care :/

Anyway, another example of why I don't understand (some) union workers.

Union: Give us more money and benefits!

Company: ugh, fine...

*some time later*

Company: Umm... not sure that's a good idea for the company...

Union: We'll go on strike if you don't!

Company: Well... how about a compromise?

Union: ugh, fine...

*some time later*

Company: You know we don't have infinite profits, right?

Union: That sounds like a personal problem.

Company: ...But it's not, you'll be effected, too, if we-

Union: STRIKE!!!

Company: goddammit...

Shareholders: What the fuck, Company. You're losing money, and therefore, we are losing money. Get your shit together or we'll have to pull out.

Company: We're working on it...

Company: Hey Union, we can haz compromise?

Union: Fuck off, here's a list of demands.

Company: We can't meet these without going out of business. Here's a counter offer.

Union: That looks an awful lot like NOT our demands.

Company: No, seriously, we can't afford that. This is the best we can do, at least until we can restructure or something.

Union: La la la, can't here you, we're striking, la la la

*some time later*

Company: We're going out of business, sorry guys.

Union: What the shit? We need jobs, man!

Company: Maybe you should've thought of that before using Union powers to squeeze into bankruptcy.

Union: But you have money! The shareholders have money!

Company: Yeah, because we earned it by not striking.

Union: We have the right to jobs! You can't take our jobs away! Quick, where are the Liberals?!

Liberals: That's right! People should have the right to force businesses to pay them for not working after forcing them to run at a loss! Because that's how the economy should work! People deserve money at the expense of whoever we don't like right now!

Union: Yeah! Stop having more money than us!

Former Company: You know we all lost our jobs, too? You know we are not at all happy with this outcome?

Union: That also sounds like a personal problem!

Former Company: You know what? Fuck you guys, we're going to go try to be successful somewhere else. Have fun bitching about it, hope you can pay the bills with your self-inflicted unemployment.

Liberals: Haha, jokes on you, Former Company! Now, who wants welfare at the expense of the Former Company and other tax payers?

Former Company: Why is being successful a bad thing?

Obviously a bit of an exaggeration and dramatization, but you get my point.

• Brohoof 4

Never was a huge Twinkie guy, but just because of Hostess now going under I feel compelled to at least try them before they get sold to some other company. I was huge on Wonder Bread though, that was the shit!

Anyway, another example of why I don't understand (some) union workers.

Obviously a bit of an exaggeration and dramatization, but you get my point.

See, strikes like these are what give unions a bad name. My dad works for the Union and they are very good to him and the family. They not only pay for his medical expenses through an array of compromising paperwork, but they also take care of me, my brothers, and other family members associated with the Union if they are under his insurance. He has kind of a strict work schedule and apparently he should be making more than what he's working, but the Union is one reason why right now I'm in college basically and that my dad still has a roof over his head. He's been going 12 years strong in that Union, and not a single strike has been issued. Some of these guys can learn a thing or two about actually having too much and taking advantage of the parent company, because it will really come to bite you in the ass later, like, I don't know, someday losing your jobs! :P

• Brohoof 1

Ah, guess the Twinkie may finally be expiring. I've never tried any Hostess products, myself, even though I'm American, so this probably won't affect me much.

In other news, Americans are predicted to lose an average of 150 pounds.

• Brohoof 2

I never really ate much from the Hostess brand, just because our family never cared to buy that food (we eat Organic primarily) but whenever I felt like having something quick and sugary sometimes I would go to the store and get those Twinkies or those Oreo looking wheel things with the filling in the middle. Other than that, I never really cared for them.
  • Brohoof 1

See, strikes like these are what give unions a bad name. My dad works for the Union and they are very good to him and the family. They not only pay for his medical expenses through an array of compromising paperwork, but they also take care of me, my brothers, and other family members associated with the Union if they are under his insurance. He has kind of a strict work schedule and apparently he should be making more than what he's working, but the Union is one reason why right now I'm in college basically and that my dad still has a roof over his head. He's been going 12 years strong in that Union, and not a single strike has been issued. Some of these guys can learn a thing or two about actually having too much and taking advantage of the parent company, because it will really come to bite you in the ass later, like, I don't know, someday losing your jobs! :P

Yeah, there are plenty of unions that are totally cool. They just say "hey, don't exploit the workers, make sure you don't underpay for overtime, don't fire people over stupid shit, and we're cool".

You know, like they were meant to in the first place :/

• Brohoof 2

Posted Image

No more deep-fried Twinkies? :(

As if that wasn't bad enough, no more Wonder bread... No more Cupcakes... No more Hohos... My after-school snacks will never be the same again...

Well, at least I still have my Zebra Cakes:

Posted Image

Edited by Urdnot Shepard

I'm not really torn up over the loss of these snacks (as much as it sucks!), but what I am p*ssed off about is that unions cost these 18,500 Hostess workers their jobs! Seriously, the union bosses refused to accept pay cuts, and convinced the striking workers that Hostess had a buyer of the company lined up, something the company never actually indicated!!! Now, instead of having simply a pay cut, these 18,500 people are going to have no jobs!!!!! http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png Score one for the unions, they've once again done a fan-freakin'-tastic job of bucking up thousands of peoples lives!!!!!!!!

I really only ever ate the fruit pies from Hostess once in a blue moon when I woke up late and wasn't able to eat breakfast (a real one anyway.) so i don't really mind. As long as they don't touch my Little Debbies, I'll be okay. :3

I never got to try Wonder Bread, what even is it? :/

Well there's still the Mexican Twinkies "Submarinos" rofls

I didn't really like Twinkies since I don't like sugary stuff, I don't even eat the icing on cupcakes. Still eat a shit ton of candy.

also, em' tags

Edited by Pinkazoid

Well as much as I hate to see them go, I wasn't really ever into anything made by hostess.

It is still a tragic loss, let us have a moment of silence for the sugary goodness lost here on this day*Silence*

• Brohoof 1

This is really bad, because I never got to try one of those twinkies :( Oh well. I hear twinkies have a 20 year max shelf life, so I could always go dig up one to eat later on :P

I hate Twinkies :P

But wait, Wonder Bread is gone too? :blink:

Now that is something, everyone has had that before.

Did Hostess make those brownie things with the rainbow cocoa chips in them? I love them!

I'm pretty sure Little Debbie made Cosmic Brownies. They're still in business so it's all good. And better yet, they have stuff that Hostess made. Although I don't know about wonder bread or twinkies. :(

Just so you guys know there was a show on the Food channel a few years ago. It explained why the icing on Hostess Cupcakes and Zingers never melted or stuck to the wrapper.

----One of the ingredients was paraffin (candle wax). Its edible, just not something I would normally choose to eat.

Hostess is done for, but you tube posted the recipes on all their products years ago. Its only a matter of time before clones appear.

the actual recipe is here at this site:

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/home.php

Twinkies recipe:

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/Hostess-Recipes.html

Edited by Silverhoof

Never fear, generic brands are here! Making cheap knockoffs since the beginning of time, generic brands are a great way to enjoy the products you love, even if they're long gone.

Posted Image

Oh no. Oh sweet Celestia no. I'd say, my faves from Hostess are:

~TWINKIES

~Cup-Cakes

~Wonder Bread

~The 100 calories cakes...

We will miss you Hostess.

Good thing I've been kinda stockpiling on Hostess goodness. Well this is what I got:

~3 Zinger packs

~2 Mini Muffin packs

~1 Cup-Cake pack

~1 Suzy q pack

~2 Fruit Pies

~1 box of Coffee Cakes.

Sweet Celestia, WHY?

post-3354-0-27302500-1353280384.gif

Considering how valuable a brand name like Twinkies is, not to mention most of Hostess' other products, I wouldn't be very surprised to see other companies buying the rights to them.

But lol people don't think. There are currently boxes of Twinkies on sale on ebay for like 30 bucks. Ridiculous. There are plenty of alternate brands, or hell, you can probably make them yourself pretty easily.

At the end of the day, you can't hurt the leaders of Hostess. If they go out of business, they can drown their sorrows at their mansions for a while before moving to another company for even more pay. The people who decided they would rather be on unemployment than work for someone who wants to lower their wages, while it is commendable that they stood up for their principles (harming the 80% of the company that did not agree with them in the process), they are now out on the street in a terrible job market where their odds of finding something better are slim to none.