Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

No more Twinkies or Wonder Bread ;_;

Lady Rarity Pony

Ha! You should've heard the story my mate told me bout why he changed companies, from what he told me, his ex boss was a lazy, lying, *insert extremely inflammatory swears here* b/tard who screwed him around a lot. He didn't use the swears as he isn't like that, especially around kids, but that was the jist of it. After the last time his boss lied to him, he handed in his resignation form, applied for a job elsewhere, got the job and got a really awesome watch as a welcome gift... But yeah. Companies and unions alike can be so dodgy.

Well to me I guess I am kinda upset by this. But, I never really tasted any of the Hostess products other then Twinkies. I really hope Little Debbie isn't next though I love Zebra Cakes. It looks like Little Debbie might even have a knock off Twinkie all ready

Posted Image

Like I would ever eat that excuse me. *Runs off to buy Cloud Cakes*

Edited by RainbowDashFan
  • Brohoof 1

I prefer the Little Debbie version anyway...

Posted Image

:)

EDIT: RainbowDashFan and I think alike. But Cloud Cakes have actually been around for years. They're fluffier than Twinkies and have significantly less fat.

Shame about all those people losing their jobs. I thought the unions were supposed to protect them instead of provoking disasters like this. Still it would be interesting to know what the workers' wages were before the strike, what the company and the union wanted them to be, etc. Then I could decide for myself if the union was demanding too much money or not.

Edited by TailsAlone

Like others have said, while it's weird to see them go, everybody and their dog makes generics of Hostess products. All the things they made are probably available under several other names.

Edited by Shoboni

I really don't have any issues with Hostess going out of business. Besides, generic Twinkies are already being sold, as are the rest of their snacks. Look at Little Debbie's Cloud Cakes, for example . . . Twinkies.

Really, though, I never liked Hostess's packaged sweets; they taste like paper and wax. Highly unappetizing. I'm also pretty sure that the people who are capable of baking could make their own, and they would probably taste better (and be better for you as a plus). The people who can't could just buy the generic ones.

Furthermore, I've heard just about everyone make the point that Hostess will likely be bought out by someone else, which means they can still sell products named "Twinkie," use the mascots, and so on, since I suppose the brand name is what reels a lot of people in.

Honestly, the only thing that really bothers me about this, is I feel bad for people who lost their jobs. :s