Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite MLP Generation? (G4 Included)

Famicom

I am curious as to which is your favorite MLP generation(s) are. Mine are G3 and 4, I like 3 for its cuteness. I like 4 because of the flashiness and the life lessons it teaches sometimes

Heads up:

After reading one of the replies it was NOT my intention to troll and/or flame, I was curious mainly because I know some of us liked the previous generations. If it is meant to be looked at that way I will delete the post. Like I said it was only a post to get some honest opinions from my fellow community members.

Edited by Famicom

Well, Definitely, without a doubt, I like G4 WAY WAY WAY more then the others. The others just weren't good in my opinion. Yeah this is going to be pretty one sided.

That is like asking me whether I like existing, or eating crayons.

Well? Which one is it?

Ah yes, "G1-G3 Ponies", the sickeningly unbearable race of barely sentient ponies allegedly waiting in Dark Space. We have dismissed that claim.

G1 isn't awful, but it isn't very good either, I watched one ep with some monkeys and it was meh at best.

G2 I have not seen much of, but it's apparently just slice-of-life girly crap with no semblence of antagonists whatsoever, so I can't imagine it being very interesting.

G3 I would like to be kept as far away from as possible, watched that babies ep with commentary and it was just awful. The rest looks pretty awful too.

G4, aka Friendship is Magic, is the only MLP generation that has been universally loved by people of all ages, and there's a reason for that- it's amazing, the previous My Little Pony iterations were never even close to the quality of FiM, and it's perfectly enjoyable by everyone, which is why we all love it in the first place. :D

I haven't watched much in the way of generations 1-3 other than a few short clips on youtube. I don't really feel the need to watch them since they don't really seem to compare to FiM in animation, storyline, characters, comedy and many other aspects.

FiM by many miles

IT IS G 3.5! <3 <3 <3

Seriously though,

Generation 4 obviously.

Followed by Gen 1.

I actually remember that I watched two mlp programs with my little sister, two of them being these:

And this one (I took the swedish intro because that is what I watched.)

I haven't seen G2 and I know G3 sucks and G3.5 is horrible.

• Brohoof 1

None of them

The Parody Pretty Pretty Ponies is much better than any of the generations.

JK

of course Generation 4

Generation 1 wasn't that bad, it was my second favorite xD

G3 was not a good one. It was definitely aimed towards the feminine side. It had very little action if any and compared to G4, everypony had the counter-personality, especially rainbow-dash, who was all about fashion.

G2 and lower were pretty well made for younger audiances

G 3.5 was just...ugh...

So G4 all the way!

Edited by Thunder-Dash

G1: Hippos disguised as ponies

G2: Horses on crack

G3: Girly ponies

G3.5: Alien ponies

G4: Good ponies

Honestly, the G3 toys don't look all that bad, but they're way too girly for me. The G1 show had some cool villains, but the episodes weren't written well.

That is like asking me whether I like existing, or eating crayons.

And also you may want to reconsider

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mJnK_KS4G9k

...So, you like G3? G3.5? Think again.

ive seen it thats the part that i tend to stay away from, I only like the beginning of 3.5 after that it went downhill with the newborn cuties i know that. I am more into 3 than 3.5

Well I could say OMG WHY WOULD I EVER WATCH ANY OTHER GENERATION THEN 4? ALL OF THEM SUCK? But I've never watched them before. Still I don't like what part I've seen.

So Generation 4 is the only generation for me.

Meh. Either the OP isn't aware of the community he (she?) is dealing with, or it sounds like a troll bait thread to get people to start hating on past generations.

what? I posted it because i want to get some opnions not to troll. XD It was not my intention to start that if thats the case ill delete the post lolz XP

Edited by Famicom

I actually like G1, but I'm sure that at least 98% of the entire fandom has G4, Friendship is Magic as their favourite generation. None of the others were as successful as this one.

I understand and i am not going to judge as that isnt my style and when i made that post i knew that was going to happen probably

• Brohoof 1

Saw gens 1 (it was ok for its time) and 2 (blah) when I was a kid. I've seen clips of 3 & 3.5, which made me cringe. So I'd have to say, as with most others, definitely gen 4. Mainly, I find it's engaging and full of material for kids as well as adults. Secondly, the fan community it brought about and all the original content they've come up with like music, videos, voice acting, art, etc. The fans take it to that next level.

what? I posted it because i want to get some opnions not to troll. XD It was not my intention to start that if thats the case ill delete the post lolz XP

Ah, sorry. It just seemed funny because you're asking on a forum made for G4 fans. With that in mind, you're gonna get opinions favoring G4. If anything, it's probably better to ask of opinions of other gens instead of asking which is our favorite gen. Most of us got into G4 and its likely because there was something that G4 did right that past generations got wrong.

My personal opinions of other gens? First gen was merely okay but their characterization could have been much more colorful as the characters don't really leave an impact on me.

Third gen was really silly though. There's not enough conflict going on to create any sort of interesting story as they don't seem to try to be brave at all unlike G4 storylines. Their characterizations also kind of shallow.

Edited by Pix3M

Maybe we need a new thread, one about what non-g4 generation we liked rather then our unabated favorite. It would be much much more useful to all of us.

I agree, I think I may have caused a bit of a scene and not even realized it. I will work on a new one sometime later today. Man work can be such a stinker but we gotta make some money somehow

• 8 years later...