Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Fallen King - King Sombra Drawing

hellocat

What do you mean you're not good?! D: This is awesome for just a 'little' drawing, seeing this kinda makes me feel sorry for King Sombra for being both injured and caught in a blizzard. :'(

I can't see any glaring mistakes as far as I can see, but if I had to nitpick I'd say that the force-field protecting the city is a little too saturated and not transparent enough for a blizzard. But overall you did a great job! :)

• Brohoof 2

Not good at drawing?! AHAHAHAHAHAHA good one. Again, this is very very very good! Whaaaaaa why can't I draw like that ;~; (aaaannnnddd now I have run out of things to say)

Haha, thanks :)

What do you mean you're not good?! D: This is awesome for just a 'little' drawing, seeing this kinda makes me feel sorry for King Sombra for being both injured and caught in a blizzard. :'(

I can't see any glaring mistakes as far as I can see, but if I had to nitpick I'd say that the force-field protecting the city is a little too saturated and not transparent enough for a blizzard. But overall you did a great job! :)

Yeah, there are definitely a couple problems.. Thanks for the crit and the compliments :D

ok, this is what I'm going to do, if I don't see a golden star on right corner of the first post by tomorrow night, I'll leave the forums :mellow:

Gee, playing a high stakes game aren't we, Motion? :P

• Brohoof 4

Not good? This is fantastic. I love the blur of the snow, it just adds to the despair the picture portrays. It's also nice to see someone actually attempt to make Sombra have some feeling.

• Brohoof 2

Hmm...

The colors feel a bit muddy. All of the colors are pretty dark. There's a bit of read which is really good at grabbing attention, but what I end up doing is looking at King Sombra's butt wondering what I was looking at. It took a second for me to realize that I was looking at King Sombra's butt as his face almost blends in with the background.

Also kinda funny to be able to see the horizon. If you're in the middle of a snow, there's gonna be a ton of snow blocking your visibility so it doesn't make sense to be able to see the horizon during a snow storm. Just a funny thought.

Snowy ground is also funny. Whenever I see snow on top of the ground, there is no texture. Everything is perfectly smooth.

But... overall, while you're on to something with this basic idea, there's probably a way to better color this that makes people go 'wow'!

I don't really get the blue thingy, is it like... a sun? Other than that, it's absolutely brilliant. It also find it funny that it looks much more sad than cannon, although his destiny here isn't as bad...

Not good at drawing? *looks at the picture again* ... You're much better than I am at least. I could never do that kind of effect you have. I like the details here and the falling snow looks exactly like it should during a blizzard

• Brohoof 1

....whoa hold a minute...not good at drawing? you must be kidding me!!! also in my personal opinon this is NOT a drawing...it is ART!!!/a masterpiece!!! ...also...is King Sombra...crying? why? :huh:

Thank you! As for why King Sombra is crying... I wanted to depict a softer side, because the only side depicted in the show is really evil. Since we only see like 20 seconds of him anyway, I figured he must have a little more depth to him than is shown.

Not good? This is fantastic. I love the blur of the snow, it just adds to the despair the picture portrays. It's also nice to see someone actually attempt to make Sombra have some feeling.

Thanks! :D

I predict the future! and even with the forums shutdown for a couple of hours, you got to get the golden star, I'm very happy for you ;)

Thanks Motion!

Turned out quite well, if you ask me (You didn't go with my name though <..<)

Like I said, this should be submitted to EQD :P It's quite artistic

I don't know about that, EQD has high standards.. :P

Hmm...

The colors feel a bit muddy. All of the colors are pretty dark. There's a bit of read which is really good at grabbing attention, but what I end up doing is looking at King Sombra's butt wondering what I was looking at. It took a second for me to realize that I was looking at King Sombra's butt as his face almost blends in with the background.

Also kinda funny to be able to see the horizon. If you're in the middle of a snow, there's gonna be a ton of snow blocking your visibility so it doesn't make sense to be able to see the horizon during a snow storm. Just a funny thought.

Snowy ground is also funny. Whenever I see snow on top of the ground, there is no texture. Everything is perfectly smooth.

But... overall, while you're on to something with this basic idea, there's probably a way to better color this that makes people go 'wow'!

Thanks for the in depth crit! I'll keep all of these sorts of things in mind when I work on my next piece :D

I don't really get the blue thingy, is it like... a sun? Other than that, it's absolutely brilliant. It also find it funny that it looks much more sad than cannon, although his destiny here isn't as bad...

The "blue thingy" is the protection spell :P Perhaps that was not very clear in the image...

I really like the motion of the snow, and most of all the feeling of Sombra. His face depicts so much sadness, and his pose is so defeated. Well done :lol:

Thanks for the positive response, CrystalRose! :D

Not good at drawing? *looks at the picture again* ... You're much better than I am at least. I could never do that kind of effect you have. I like the details here and the falling snow looks exactly like it should during a blizzard

Thanks, Koori!!

Great work! Although If i might give a little constructive criticism, crying seems a little out of character. I'd probably be more content if he had an angry look on his face looking back at the kingdom or something like that. Excellent work though :D

I appreciate the crit! As I mentioned above to Summer_Breeze, I wanted to show a different side not shown in the show, but perhaps I took it a bit to the extreme.

Thanks everypony for the many brohoofs and comments!

• Brohoof 2

Not good at drawing my hoof! This is a work of art! Seriously don't make me go and give you the better then me speech now :). Or I might have to dig out my drawing of a pony from my computer.

Seriously though it looks amazing! The blur is near perfect! It looks very well made!

Don't be so hard on yourself bro! I look forward to seeing more of your artwork :)

• Brohoof 1

Not good at drawing?! I struggle with STICK PEOPLE, and this Isn't good?!

This is amazing! Not only is the art awesome by its self, but this is a side to Sombra I haven't really seen before. A lot of artists depict him as being a heartless, vengeful beast, but this actually hit me in the feels a little bit.

And I love it.

Brohoof to you, my friend! :D

• Brohoof 1

Not good at drawing my hoof! This is a work of art! Seriously don't make me go and give you the better then me speech now :). Or I might have to dig out my drawing of a pony from my computer.

Seriously though it looks amazing! The blur is near perfect! It looks very well made!

Don't be so hard on yourself bro! I look forward to seeing more of your artwork :)

It definitely has quite a few flaws, but thanks! :) I'll try to work on some more soon :D Now to look for some inspiration...

Not good at drawing?! I struggle with STICK PEOPLE, and this Isn't good?!

This is amazing! Not only is the art awesome by its self, but this is a side to Sombra I haven't really seen before. A lot of artists depict him as being a heartless, vengeful beast, but this actually hit me in the feels a little bit.

And I love it.

Brohoof to you, my friend! :D

Thank you, SpyHunterBG, I am really glad you like it :)

• Brohoof 2