Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies aren't pedophiles

NostalgiaGhost

How does watching a television show make you attracted to little boys and girls?

I just don't understand either...

People are just ignorant. :/

• Brohoof 9

Yes... Not a Pedophile... *Looks around the room hastily*

I'm not a Pedophile.

I agree it is just ignorance in reality...

I think since the show's for little girls people relate old men watching a show for LITTLE GIRLS so perhaps it's just

a mis-interpretation?

Average person's mind (AKA, the nonbrony):

> He watches a TV show for little girls?

> What's wrong with his brain?

> He must be gay or a pedophile, he isn't "normal".

> Tell every nonbrony about this

> Boom, we are apparently pedos.

Then again, quite a bit of people think adults are pedos for watching any cartoon other than The Simpsons and Family Guy.

• Brohoof 6

I'm certainly not a pedophile. Come in my van and I'll take you somewhere to prove it.

It's pretty much a conclusion people reach when they don't actually think through the matter.

The sound of guys (particularly older guys) watching shows that are generally considered "for little girls" will inevitably - and possibly should - raise some eyebrows. However from there people assume that watching something "for kids" means you are into kids.

I don't think I should even have to explain how illogical such an assumption is. :P

Edited by Lady Rarity Pony
  • Brohoof 3

When ever someone mentiones to me about bronies being pedophiles, just give em the simplest answer :P

Posted Image

and for some reason it shuts em up every time xD

(dunno if the pic's workin :()

Edited by FlutterSPEED
  • Brohoof 3

Two words: Hasty Generalization

This summarizes everything about what some people think about bronies. Bronies are just normal people who just like MLP:FIM. They are very open, which is why I like bronies. They have the courage to step out of their confort zone and experience something new.

But I know where these stereotypical people get their arguments from. Look back at G1-G3.5 of mlp. That's where they base their argument off of. But these generations of mlp have past. They still make the hasty generalizations up to today. We just hae to fight through.

And yes, it is also ignorance.

• Brohoof 3

If I had to guess I would say that it is because we're interested in a kids show, but plenty of people watch transformers and other shows without getting these accusations (that I know of). So yeah, don't know where they're getting that.

I'd like to say that people think what they think but this is one impression that really pisses me off.

Edited by DashForever
Facehoof
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, ye of little knowledge; let us show you why we enjoy a cartoon made for little girls. But that won't work towards your understanding. You must first open up to the idea of people enjoying a plethora of hobbies, no matter how ridiculous.

• Brohoof 2

I agree with the "Hasty generalization" stereotype. People assume, since we're watching what is widely considered a show for little girls, that we're pedophiles. And, to be honest, there might be a few pedophiles who gave the show this publicity. People just like generalizing people of a certain group with the extremes that group experiences. In my hometown, I'd be laughed at for suggesting that Islam is a peaceful religion, because of that half of a percent of Muslims who are extremists and violent. I think we're suffering the same deal as a community.

Edited by Descant

It's the way society is. We're going against the system, and people don't like it. Being called pedos is just another batch of insults you could get. People are going to be people

• Brohoof 5

Alright, here's my take on the matter. We like a show that's called 'My Little Pony', and that's not something people above the age of seven are traditionally into. Also, it's really intended for little girls. Because of that, people stereotype all those that like it. It's really, really, quite stupid and it makes no sense logically, but that's the theory that I've constructed.

• Brohoof 2

So let me get this straight...

>Guy watches super awesome television show

>Guy is a pedophile

Yeah, not seeing the logic here...

Not sure how watching a cartoon has anything to do with being a pedophile...

Unless they changed the definition of pedophile to "person who watches My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"

But that wouldn't make any sense now, would it?

• Brohoof 2

So much ignorance. It's like all those "Doom fans are serial killers", "Marilyn Manson fans are satanists"... stereotypes that should be erased from society. Everyone is able to like whatever they want if it doesn't hurt anybody. Simple as that.

Edited by Chrysalis Swarm
  • Brohoof 1

Just the fact it says My Little Pony people start to think they are pedos. If it had a different name like super ultra mane 6, I think then stereotypes wouldn't call people that watch it pedos. But that is today, judging off the cover of the book.

• Brohoof 6

I have become to despise this oversexualized generation. If anything words with "-phile" at the end didn't necessarily meant anything sexual. But now everyone thinks everyone's motive is to have sex with someone or something.

Edited by poniesforfun

Why do they think bronies are pedophiles? Well, because from the outside we look creepy as buck.

Yeah, haters gonna hate. Just don't do anything to promote the stereotype, m'kay?

Now I get to wait for the obligatory appearance from Molestia. Yay!

ಠ_ಠ

Edited by Circadian Rhythms

people as a whole, just suck in general. part of the reason im here is to associate with other fans of the show since no one in the real world seems to accept it as anything but a show for little girls. i dont like kids to begin with, prior to watching the show. they creep me out and i dont enjoy being near them.

people need to let go of their prefabricated way of thinking and open up to new ideas and welcome things that are outside their comfort zone. they might enjoy it if they gave the show a chance.

• Brohoof 2

I absolutely cannot believe that some people think that pony loving people are peophiles! That is so not true, just because you like something doesn't directly mean that you are a discusting person! That is just appalling!

• Brohoof 2

I mean I'm a girl. Since I'm fourteen, and watching a '3 year old kids show', I get my share of hate as well, but it isn't anything like a brony would get I'm sure. But bronies aren't pedophiles.

Society is simply an asshole.

> Society sees My Little Pony

> Society sees a 3 year old girls show

> Society sees men and older teens watching said show

> Society flips its shit

> Society labels and shuns all bronies

That, my friends, is how society works.

Edited by :: Rainbow Scratch ::
  • Brohoof 3