NavelColt

53 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I really liked this episode but I can't seem to place my finger on why I do lol. Sweetie Belle was excellent and might become best CMC in my eyes. Oh and the song was catchy too.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 2

Very good episode. The song was phenomenal (in my opinion, on par with Smile Smile Smile). Babs Seed was a pretty good character. Actually might have to revise my favorite pony list.

BROOKLYN RAGE

Edited by Tormented Dusty Soul
  • Brohoof 1

One Bad Apple is hoofs down the best CMC episode yet. All the fillies were awesome, as was the song. Babs Seed was good too. When she chose to go with Daimond Tiara And Silver Spoon, I knew that she didnt want to get bullied so that is why she joined them.

And I lol'd at Sweetie Belle when she complained about irony.

Lastly it would seem that Scootaloo is pretty smart lol. Anyway great episode :)

• Brohoof 2

Overall a pretty good episode. A bit of a simplistic solution and explanation for the bullying problem, but it is a half hour show after all. Things I liked:

My new favorite line: "Why does life have to be so IRONIC?"

Pinkie Salad

Seeing Sweetie Belle's house

Babs' initiation into the CMC

The A-Team theme sequence

• Brohoof 2

Awesome episode, 10/10. Favourite one of the series so far for me, then again, I'm a massive CMC fangirl.

But I don't really like the idea of Babs Seed being in the CMCs, She just seems like she doesn't belong there at all.

• Brohoof 1

overall a nice episode.

Babs is absolutely adorable. :wub:

The moral was ok, but it isn't perfect. Mostly because it all depends on the parent taking care of the bully.

The song was wonderful and the episode was all and all hilarious.

8.5/10

Awesome episode, so excited to see the CMC again, and I know loads of people have already said this, but I love Babs' accent! Another thing which surprised me, was that Scootaloo CAN actually fly, and shes not handicapped.

I cant wait to see more!

Edited by TheWannabeBrony
  • Brohoof 2

If anyone finds news on the Bronystate hack, post it please (originally posted about in first reply to this thread).

A lot of people are speculating that it wasn't actually /v/, but probably /b/ instead. Not too grand of a difference in my mind. It's still 4chan.

This is the first time I can remember in which 4chan has launched a direct attack on the infrastructure of the Brony community, outside of the Brony v. Anonymous War of early 2011. Hopefully it won't continue.

So, their plan was to lock up the steering wheel? Well then...

As soon as I saw the timer I thought "THEY MADE A BOMB! This show just went in an interesting direction."

Not my favorite episode but a solid one. As the bullying episode I didn't really think that I would enjoy it all that much but it was pretty good. The song was nice, Scootaloo became a thesaurus and I got to hear Sweetie Belle say compadres, which I enjoyed far more than I should have.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

About Scootaloo flying. I don't think she actually did. She was just hovering guys. Plus. we don't know for certain how long she can hold it. Also, she was angry at the time when babs took the club house. Which probably gave her some more energy.

I overall really enjoyed this episode. They took the typical bullying episode and made it enjoyable. Babs' voice I really liked- she's sooo cute and I love her mane.

Sweetie Belle's horn glowed for a split second near the beginning and Scootaloo hovered-- foreshadowing, maybe? Hopefully?

I overall really enjoyed this episode. They took the typical bullying episode and made it enjoyable. Babs' voice I really liked- she's sooo cute and I love her mane.

Sweetie Belle's horn glowed for a split second near the beginning and Scootaloo hovered-- foreshadowing, maybe? Hopefully?

Oh, since your active right now, check your messages.

Everyone else just ignore this, personal business with a client ;DD Aha

Edited by Australianfries

The episode was definitely better than I expected it to be, although I'd still rate it at about average for a CMC episode, which means it's below average on the overall show. (But that's an initial impression, mind, and said impression may shift on repeated viewings.)

Various things that I found fascinating--the mechanisms of the various floats and the way they were like cars being driven(without an identifiable fuel source), the movie theater that was in color, the fact that Rarity apparently has emergency edible boots...oh, and I'm sure there's a lot of other things I'm forgetting too.

That song in particular was not expected at all and caught me off guard. Sadly because I had to watch it on the television in my living room I couldn't have the volume all that loud--unless I wanted to wake up the house--and so I think I missed most of what the lyrics were.

Also amongst the things I found greatly amusing: the way that of all the Mane Six, it was Applejack--constantly considered to be almost a background character by some--who was the one to speak for the most part. Pinkie had a couple of lines but she was barely even there at all, to the point that I'd swear it was like she was high or something with how little she was paying attention to everything around her. And the others were all like "See, we're here! The mane characters are here!" even though they didn't say anything. Inclusive of main characters this episode really wasn't.

Also, though, Sweetie Belle has so many good lines. "Why does life have to be so ironic?!" That's going to be up on Youtube within the day and is going to be used as a reaction video everywhere.

Hrm, what else, what else...people are saying there were A-Team references, though being almost entirely unfamiliar with the A-Team apart from vaguely being aware of what its running plot was, I didn't catch them.

OH!

Sweetie Belle's house. I'm positive that was Sweetie Belle's house, the house of her parents. It has to be, because that bedroom did not look like it could be Scootaloo's.

Also we saw Sweetie give off a couple of bursts of magic. Methinks a certain awesome filly will be casting some of her first spells soon.

Anyway, I definitely liked it more than I was expecting. I wasn't expecting much, so the episode was on the whole pretty decent as a result of that. As I said my initial impression is that it still falls below average, but not as far down as I was dreading it might.

• Brohoof 9

Man those hacks were annoying. Hopefully Bronystate will be able to prevent such things in the future. (I had my two youngest brothers with me for pete's sakes)

On terms of the episode, it was better than expected for a moral such as this, which is SO easy to screw up. It served the purpose that the writers set out to do, which was less confronting bullies, and more looking into why kids bully. And they got it right that bullies themselves are or were picked on and are merely avoiding being the target again by taking advantage of others.

On confronting the bully itself, it wasn't very defined, which I think was intentional. Yes, you can and probably should tell another about your bullying problems, but you do have to take the initiative and not be intimidated by the bully themselves.

Episode. Geniously put together. So many awesome points. A-Team reference. Golden Sweetie-Belle. Friendship is Witchcraft Reference. (As "Emergency Edible Boots" is totally something Rarity would design on that parody) Pinkie Pie being again, just perfect. And of course: "WHY IS LIFE SO IRONIC!?" Claire certainly was very expressive this season, much like she is on her let's plays, which I think really get's more into Sweetie-Belle's character.

Oh, and that song was wonderfully catchy. And probably now has the record for the cutest dang thing ever to appear on national television...

post-4823-0-93415400-1353774116.gif

post-4823-0-93415400-1353774116.gif

• Brohoof 11

This was the most meaningful episode the CMC has ever had, and one I can relate to a bit. It's a solid episode with what I would say is one of the most meaningful lessons of any episode to be honest. When I was a kid, I was surrounded by adults who would say things like "don't be a tattletale" no matter how serious a matter was, in essence shirking their responsibility to the children in their care. I like how this episode lays some responsibility directly on the adults while also encouraging the kids to confide in them, and giving kids more insight into why some people act the way they do rather than just telling them how to deal with those people. A little understanding could lead to establishing a relationship rather than just getting them off your back. In true MLP fashion everything worked out in the end and concluded on a high note, which is something I love about the series overall.

Nice song by the way, though I didn't like how it started out.

• Brohoof 4

Catchy song is catchy.

Quite good episode, though it could have been resolved quickly if Applebloom and Scootaloo would have listen to Sweetie Belle.

Also, is it just me or are mules always at the butt end of jokes?

• Brohoof 3

OK, hacking fiasco aside, this was an alright episode, though definitely the weakest of S3 so far in my opinion. Pretty much standard for an episode focusing on bullying: Tell an adult and surely everything will turn out OK (even though I can tell you from personal experience that that's bull).

The character of Babs Seed...I don't know what it is but I didn't really like her and it wasn't solely because she was the antagonist of this episode. Maybe it's because her accent seemed to change or shift through out the episode, but I will admit that she was kinda cute at the beginning when it showed she was self-conscious about being a blank flank.

On a more positive note, I loved the song (no surprise here!) and easily consider it the highlight of the episode, as well as the A-Team reference during the float construction scene. Another thing to note is that, unlike in previous seasons, none of the Mane six have been excluded so far. Sure they may not have done anything, but it's still nice to see them all together like that.

Hrm, what else, what else...people are saying there were A-Team references, though being almost entirely unfamiliar with the A-Team apart from vaguely being aware of what its running plot was, I didn't catch them.

OH!

Sweetie Belle's house. I'm positive that was Sweetie Belle's house, the house of her parents. It has to be, because that bedroom did not look like it could be Scootaloo's.

Yeah that's Sweetie Belle's house, her dad was fishing outside. The A-team reference was in the float building montage- Every episode of the A-team had a sequence where they were building something- a vehicle or weapon or whatever, and the music they used sounded almost *exactly* like the A-Team theme.

Oh, and one more thing- Who in the hell thought it was a good idea for PINKIE PIE to drive a float?

Edited by hawkflame
  • Brohoof 3