NavelColt

54 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Oh my gosh, I didn't even notice that!!! I mean, I noticed that he was in the parade, but NOT that he was dressed as a pear. There is no bucking way that was a coincidence!!! Knowing Studio B's track record, that is a Doctor Who reference, and an awesome and (not-so) subtle one at that!!!!! B) Good eye man, thanks for pointing that out! :D

You're welcome. ^_^

The people who make this show are absolutely brilliant to no end. :D

More Doctor Who references in the future? Only time will tell...

• Brohoof 1

i didnt even notice that, i was talking more of mane style, and how short the tail was, and the voice

male ponies have a more boxy snout, but babs voice was the main thing

So? There's no such thing as deeper-voiced girls? I know of plenty. She was voiced by a female, she has eyelashes and the body type of a filly. She's a filly.

• Brohoof 1

So? There's no such thing as deeper-voiced girls? I know of plenty. She was voiced by a female, she has eyelashes and the body type of a filly. She's a filly.

i never said that, its just her voice and accent, combined with her mane cut threw me off, i mean no offense to anyone, i was just stating a personal observation

That's one of the episodes I was looking the most forward to and I wasn't disappointed in the least. Everything flowed in perfectly and the humor was great. The song is also in my favorites of the show. Must be because I like the 70's and 80's tunes and it sounded like that. I hope we'll see Babs Seed again :)

Anyone else think scootaloo's voice seemed "wrong" in this episode? The other 2 CMC are fine, but scoots voice really seemed different to me. I went back to 1/23 to check the voices against each other and the inflections etc are very different.

Anyone notice the irony (Sweetie Belle hates it) that, of all the times 4chan could've hacked, they hacked the livestream of THIS episode?

I downloaded the ep from youtube (somepony got it up there REALLY fast) but when someone mentioned /v/ hacking it that was my immediate thought. Hey, we're watching an episode about bullying and we get hacked by bullies. I'm off to 4chan to tell them that, since they're expecting butthurt rather than irony.

EDIT: What's even more ironic is that moot created /mlp/ as a response to the overwhelming flood of ponies. Seems like Anonymous's left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

EDIT2: According to /mlp/, it was GNAA trying to pin it on /v/ so butthurt bronies would dogpile on /v/ and create an epic shitstorm. I think we can safely say they failed miserably.

Edited by Swift Decision

The new episode bad seed was good. i liked the A team montage of building the apple. the song thay used was like the a team one but not the actual song,and the MJ I'm Bad joke at the end was funny. I liked the song thay sang it was good

The new episode bad seed was good. i liked the A team montage of building the apple. the song thay used was like the a team one but not the actual song,and the MJ I'm Bad joke at the end was funny. I liked the song thay sang it was good

I'm gonna be honest. I think CMC episodes are the worst and the most boring of all the episodes. Also, the CMC are honestly not very smart...they could have just solved the whole problem by telling Applejack about what was going on. Also I thought the song was kind of annoying, I didn't care for it that much. So yeah this was definitely my least favorite episode of season 3 so far.

I forgot to mention that the part with Pinkie Pie was hilarious. That was the only part I really liked.

Edited by RainbowDash92

Though I don't care for the CCC that much, I thought it was a pretty good episode. Awesome song too(IMO), it really "Excited" the episode. Also, scootaloo jump/flying ftw.

Edited by Retro_Derpy

Finally got home to see the episode now, and I have to say that it was a pretty good episode. I really liked the song and the fact that the CMC weren't trying too hard to force their cutie marks with all sorts of random things this episode. Also, it's nice too see some other members of the apple family :D .

Who wants to declare Babs Seed's new nickname as Badass Seed? The way she stared down Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon with composure and confidence was pretty inspiring, not to mention gutsy. She'll have a much better time solving her own dilemma.

I'm gonna be honest. I think CMC episodes are the worst and the most boring of all the episodes. Also, the CMC are honestly not very smart...they could have just solved the whole problem by telling Applejack about what was going on. Also I thought the song was kind of annoying, I didn't care for it that much. So yeah this was definitely my least favorite episode of season 3 so far.

They are little fillies. They can't honestly be expected to know how to own up and explain what the problem is because they are so easily influenced by other fillies.

• Brohoof 4

Well, this marks the first episode of MLP that I actually got to see live as it was airing, although I missed the first 2 minutes and had to catch up afterwards. Luckily I had no trouble with the stream I was using, even with all the GAK adverts ;).

Well that was a fun episode! The CMC episodes usually end up being some of my favourites for some reason. There were several laugh out loud moments for me, such as Scootaloo on the drums and the overly long "sister, friend, confidante, bossom buddy" list. The A-team homage was pretty cool as well! I also d'awwed outloud when poor Sweetie Belle started crying :(.

As for the 'Babs Seed Song', I like it a lot. It really feels like it comes out of an old 70s-80s cartoon, and the little touches like the repeated animation really helped to give that vibe. It kind of sounds a little like something you might here in the Powerpuff Girls, and the sequence with Babs drinking from the 'lets all go the lobby' cup heavily reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lvwNAtldko

Only one problem, the song is a massive earworm! Help!

I hope Babs Seed turns up again in the future and doesn't end up a one episode character, particually after her new status at the end of the episode :).

I'll probably rewatch the episode in it's entirety in higher quality at some point. The other thing I should really stop doing is watching the preview clips before the episode has aired to keep spoilers to a minimum. I was already addicted to the Babs Seed Song yesterday!

Pretty decent episode all around. I always seem to enjoy CMC episodes. I just wish we saw more of the main cast. The new song was nice. I kind of wanted Babs to get humiliated at the end though. I mean, she did act like a bitch, she would've deserved it! anyway, it was a pretty solid episode for a CMC episode.

Pretty decent episode all around. I always seem to enjoy CMC episodes. I just wish we saw more of the main cast. The new song was nice. I kind of wanted Babs to get humiliated at the end though. I mean, she did act like a bitch, she would've deserved it! anyway, it was a pretty solid episode for a CMC episode.

It had some pretty funny moments too.

Overall, I enjoyed it more than last week's episode. This season is doing well so far, I hope it continues that way!

Edited by A bunch of silly mallows
  • Brohoof 2

Posted Image

Twas a good episode. It had Pinkie Pie, it had cars, it had Pinkie Pie, it had an AMAZING song, it had Pinkie Pie... Did I mention that it had Pinkie Pie?

Seriously though, that song was one of the best I've seen on the show. Hopefully Season 3 will have more songs than Season 2.

Fingers crossed. Edited by Urdnot Pinkie Pie
  • Brohoof 1

I downloaded the ep from youtube (somepony got it up there REALLY fast) but when someone mentioned /v/ hacking it that was my immediate thought. Hey, we're watching an episode about bullying and we get hacked by bullies. I'm off to 4chan to tell them that, since they're expecting butthurt rather than irony.

EDIT: What's even more ironic is that moot created /mlp/ as a response to the overwhelming flood of ponies. Seems like Anonymous's left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

EDIT2: According to /mlp/, it was GNAA trying to pin it on /v/ so butthurt bronies would dogpile on /v/ and create an epic shitstorm. I think we can safely say they failed miserably.

Yessir.

I went on /mlp/ and looked around. Someone posted a link to a GNAA page with "mlp" in the URL; he warned everyone to not click on it unless you are using some kind of privacy program to stop GNAA from getting your IP, so I didn't look at it. But it's safe to say that we can confirm this as a GNAA hack which they tried to blame on /v/ to start a flame war. Although I didn't check, I'm told that /v/ doesn't have a single thread starting by angry Bronies in it, so it seems as if the hackers failed. A few Bronies have sent hatemail to GNAA, but mostly the reaction has been of calm annoyance and mockery of the poorly designed plan, as it should be.

Good job Bronies!

• Brohoof 1

Good thing today is that I managed to not sleep through the first airing. It was a good episode, I always felt a strong Yankee vs. Southerner feeling throughout the episode, and I'm always cautious when it comes to Yankees.

Another good episode in my opinion. Different in many ways, for introducing a new character, for being a CMC episode where they aren't constantly trying to get their cutie marks, and breaking a lot of "rules" cartoons have set up.

Example: Had the scenario in this episode happened in another cartoon, Babs Seed wouldn't have become a nice character in the end: She would've been another Diamond Tiara, completely avoiding the character depth aspect by turning her into a stock bully to be brought up when the story needs one.

The song was great, and I liked the art style of the animation sequence for it.

An okay episode usually the CMC episodes are hit and miss for me. this one was a hit i really liked the song but still the episode seemed the weakest of season 3. though season 3 has been great so far so that's not such a bad thing. can't wait for trixies return nxt week :wub:

I kinda have a problem with this episode. The jokes were fine, the song was really catchy, I just feel like Babs got off too easy for her behavior. I know the moral is that you should tell someone when you're being bullied, but frankly, Babs deserved to have that booby trap go off on her. Regardless of her reason for becoming a bully in Ponyville, the fact is she still mercilessly tormented the CMC for the sake of being "cool" and ended up never having to face any consequences. How many bullies did any of you know growing up who became your friend? It's not impossible but the fact is most bullies are just dicks, whether there's a reason behind it or not. The CMC's booby trap may not have been the "nice" thing to do but they had already tried being more than nice to Babs and she threw it back in ther faces. That little punk needed an ass whooping, but since that obviously isn't gonna happen on a kids' show she at least needed to be reminded of what it felt like to be treated that way.

• Brohoof 5