NavelColt

53 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

That wasn't one of the greater episodes, but it was still cute, and I enjoyed it. It isn't an episode I'd show to those who haven't seen the show, however.

It really seems like the CMC are designated towards children. The entire show is designated to children, as well as appealing to adults, but sometimes I feel like the CMC are there for younger viewers over anything else, since many of the issues that they face are ones that children can connect with, that is, bullying, growing up, discovering who they are, etc. This would be alright, but there were some parts of the latest episode, specifically when Babs stood up to Diamond Tiara and the other filly, when I thought, "this is just for kids," if you understand what I'm talking about.

Even though the song was catchy, it wasn't one of my top favorites (even though I've listened to it multiple times and am listening to it right now lol).

I think the next episode will be better.

Okay, this song is really addicting to listen to. @_@

I loved this episode, it's been my favorite of season 3 so far, I liked Crystal Empire and Too Many Pinkie Pies, they weren't bad episodes by any means. But I have to admit I felt there was something missing from them that I can't explain. Whatever this missing thing was, it was back all bells and whistles in this episode.

I loved the story, I thought Babs was cute, the song was fun, and I loved the "why does life have to be so ironic" line from Sweetie Bell, and liked the Pinkie Pie Parasite Polka music too.

• Brohoof 2

OK.

You know what Hasbro? I can't deal with you anymore!!!!

At first a spy Pinkie Pie, then an army of Pinkie Pie, and now a awesome and addictive song.

Will I have to lobotomize myself after each episodes just to be able to think about something else?

Posted Image

Yup, I freakin love this song, and that was enough for me to think that this episode was great.

The plot in itself is pretty simple, with really good jokes and phrases "Why does life have to be so ironic ?" to quote only one (Cuz you are in a cartoon show sweetie B) ).

The new character Bad isn't remarquable, but the stars of this episode was clearly the CMC and god I was proud of them.

Unless the fact that we saw Scootaloo flying, Sweetie Belle makes some sparkle, I think we also see them become more and more mature. Even if the reaction "let's keep it for ourselves and don't talk to the grown up" is kinda childish, they tried hard to be friendly, played a trick only as an extreme measure, and repaired their mistakes.

I don't know and I don't care if they will get their cutie marks soon but I think they are becoming more and more interesting as characters.

For the rest I still think the animation is getting better and better and it's always a pleasure to watch this show.

Edited by marlyly
  • Brohoof 3

Only just watched it now. Was better than I was expecting thankfully. Some cute moments and the song wasn't too bad. Really disliked how they played the ending out making the CMC feel bad and going the whole 'she was bullied previously so can't fully blame her for becoming a bully'.

Anyway, hope she never shows up again in any future episodes.

Having said that, probably prefered it to last weeks episode.

Edit: Just to expand, i reckon B.Seed should have been ditched by Diamond + Silver forcing her to go crawling back to the cmc for acceptance only to be turned down and forced to leave town with her tail between her legs :P (ps I was never really bullied but the whole idea of treating people like crap, no matter the reason, annoys me:P).

Edited by Turtle Power

Yeah. Started liking Babs Seed, but now, everyone's going on about how she's a "badass seed" and how amazing the song is until it got unbearable. You can go on about how I shouldn't be disliking a character because of her fans, but that's just the way I operate.

Well now, at least I officially confirmed it: Applejack is the leader of the CMC! Show Stoppers, Call of the Cutie, and then this episode. She's the best big sister and leader ever. :3 And balloons! She looks adorable holding them! :wub:

Yup. Only paid attention to AJ. The usual Clarity~

• Brohoof 2

Wow! What a great episode! So many different things I loved about it after watching it again this morning...

I'm really starting to love the Cutie Mark Crusaders and their wonderful little organisation. I have never really connected or felt for them quite as much as I did in this episode. Just how could anyone stand to see Applebloom upset? Or Sweetie Belle cry? My heart almost broke after their float had been trashed!

Bab Seed covering her flank with her tail was just adorable and also quite a realistic reflex that has come from a lot of bullying! The song and video montage that went with it was very catchy and possibly one of my favourites in the show so far.

Overall, the episode did an excellent job of exploring bullying in a complex way - quite ironic given the BronyState hack, but hey - also some interesting observations from everyone (RE: Dr Hooves / Pear Costume). I laughed out loud when I saw Pinkie Pie reading her mag on the sofa - it was just crying out to be turned into a macro!

Fun times everyone!!! Lets hope many more to come!!

• Brohoof 3

I'll just say that fellow Bronies who are more interested in geography than me should have a field day with this episode:

In the song, the CMC say that Babs was from the East. Babs is also from Manehattan. Therefore, Manehattan is east of Ponyville.

Nothing new. A map of Equestria has already been released.

Posted Image

As you can see, Manehattan is east of Ponyville, and a little bit north.

Though, I do quite like it that they've stayed consistent with this map thus far. :)

• Brohoof 3

I kinda have a problem with this episode. The jokes were fine, the song was really catchy, I just feel like Babs got off too easy for her behavior. I know the moral is that you should tell someone when you're being bullied, but frankly, Babs deserved to have that booby trap go off on her. Regardless of her reason for becoming a bully in Ponyville, the fact is she still mercilessly tormented the CMC for the sake of being "cool" and ended up never having to face any consequences. How many bullies did any of you know growing up who became your friend? It's not impossible but the fact is most bullies are just dicks, whether there's a reason behind it or not. The CMC's booby trap may not have been the "nice" thing to do but they had already tried being more than nice to Babs and she threw it back in ther faces. That little punk needed an ass whooping, but since that obviously isn't gonna happen on a kids' show she at least needed to be reminded of what it felt like to be treated that way.

I see what you mean, but remember that Babs was being bullied back at her home because of the same thing the CMC were being bullied for in Ponyville. The CMC knew what Babs was going through and didn't want to be like those back at her home. I know I was bullied and became a bully in order to prevent being bullied myself when I was in elementary school. I know plenty of bullies myself who were just trying to fit in and I'm friends with them now. I don't think Babs needed to be reminded of how it felt to be bullied since she was the bully. Even when they did the little rump lump sugar yadda yadda yadda, she still covered her blank flank. As a kid, being cool and popular is everything so it wasn't out of character for a filly to try that. Back when we first saw the CMC, Applebloom lied about having her CM in order to fit in. The only reason why Scoots and Sweetie Belle came out from under the table was because they realized they weren't alone in being blank flanks. (Sorry to make you read so much, my mind just likes to jabber on.)
  • Brohoof 3

Good episode, yes alot of people do turn into bullies to avoid being bullied in high school I turned into a monster in large part because of that it is not an excuse to act that way but it just shows that being a bully may get you fear but it will not get you respect.

• Brohoof 1

I see what you mean, but remember that Babs was being bullied back at her home because of the same thing the CMC were being bullied for in Ponyville. The CMC knew what Babs was going through and didn't want to be like those back at her home. I know I was bullied and became a bully in order to prevent being bullied myself when I was in elementary school. I know plenty of bullies myself who were just trying to fit in and I'm friends with them now. I don't think Babs needed to be reminded of how it felt to be bullied since she was the bully. Even when they did the little rump lump sugar yadda yadda yadda, she still covered her blank flank. As a kid, being cool and popular is everything so it wasn't out of character for a filly to try that. Back when we first saw the CMC, Applebloom lied about having her CM in order to fit in. The only reason why Scoots and Sweetie Belle came out from under the table was because they realized they weren't alone in being blank flanks. (Sorry to make you read so much, my mind just likes to jabber on.)

I think I get what you're trying to say but I'm not really sure I agree with the show's assertion that the CMC trying to get Babs back would make them into bullies. Obviously the show isn't about to teach kids to seek revenge but I don't think the CMC would have pranked Babs more than once and I ESPECIALLY don't think they intended to start pranking other fillies. I think they were trying to teach Babs a lesson, one that she ultimately didn't get.

The end part where Babs suddenly realizes that she needed to change felt very unnatural to me. If I had written the episode, I probably would have done it differently. For example, maybe the trap goes off on Babs and it makes her cry. The CMC then feel bad because it turns out hurting others' feelings is actually not very fulfilling. They apologize to Babs and tell her they only did it because she was making them feel the same way. THEN Babs realizes how rotten she was being and makes up with them.

• Brohoof 1

Because of her design, I originally mistook babs for a colt after watching the release trailer. But yay for babs now in the CMC. Maybe in the future we might get some more cutie mark crusaders, and we're gonna have to refer to Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle as something completely different. Maybe like the First Crusaders, or the founding sisters, gal pals, fellow crusaders etc. ect. Interestingly enough, what with their previous attempts back in The Show Stoppers, I'd have thought that Applebloom would be doing the technical stuff, as she managed to insta-repair the clubhouse, not Scootaloo. But the a-team sequence was still cool. -_-

Edited by Tanthachon25

"You better watch it or else I'll tell your moms about your bad attitudes!"

Posted Image

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who winced internally at that line. I didn't have the impression it was done ironically, so it come off as a bit forced. I think the MLP anti-bully message tends to work better when the bullies (e.g., Gilda; the jocks from Cloudsdale; Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara) make fools of themselves rather than receiving a moral dress down from another character.

• Brohoof 1

I think I get what you're trying to say but I'm not really sure I agree with the show's assertion that the CMC trying to get Babs back would make them into bullies. Obviously the show isn't about to teach kids to seek revenge but I don't think the CMC would have pranked Babs more than once and I ESPECIALLY don't think they intended to start pranking other fillies. I think they were trying to teach Babs a lesson, one that she ultimately didn't get.

The end part where Babs suddenly realizes that she needed to change felt very unnatural to me. If I had written the episode, I probably would have done it differently. For example, maybe the trap goes off on Babs and it makes her cry. The CMC then feel bad because it turns out hurting others' feelings is actually not very fulfilling. They apologize to Babs and tell her they only did it because she was making them feel the same way. THEN Babs realizes how rotten she was being and makes up with them.

I can see that as being a reasonable way to end the show. I was satisfied with the current ending, but yours makes just as much sense too.

So did anyone notice that after they finished the float and Sweetie Belle yawned for the first time it looked like that one meme from cheezburger with her singing

My little pony, my little pony....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I just noticed this:

Posted Image

Doctor Whooves....dressed as a pear....with a bowtie....

If that's not a reference, I don't know what it is. How could that have been unintentional? :lol:

Well him being a reference has been made canon by the game but you don't even know how.much i love.you for this picture.

Time Turner keeps all of Ponyvilles clocks in synch, sets the hourglass for.cider competitions and takes care.of.all things timey-wimey.

Paraphrase from the mobile game <3

• Brohoof 1

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who winced internally at that line. I didn't have the impression it was done ironically, so it come off as a bit forced. I think the MLP anti-bully message tends to work better when the bullies (e.g., Gilda; the jocks from Cloudsdale; Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara) make fools of themselves rather than receiving a moral dress down from another character.

Oh, the ponies from Cloudsdale weren't actually jocks. They were Rainbow Factory workers I believe, whom I think fell in love with Rarity's wings during the Sonic Rainboom episode.

There IS a deviantArt comic series about Rainbow Dash's time at the Junior Speedsters which have the aforementioned ponies as jocks, however. Dash Academy is the name.

Because of her design, I originally mistook babs for a colt after watching the release trailer. But yay for babs now in the CMC. Maybe in the future we might get some more cutie mark crusaders, and we're gonna have to refer to Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle as something completely different. Maybe like the First Crusaders, or the founding sisters, gal pals, fellow crusaders etc. ect. Interestingly enough, what with their previous attempts back in The Show Stoppers, I'd have thought that Applebloom would be doing the technical stuff, as she managed to insta-repair the clubhouse, not Scootaloo. But the a-team sequence was still cool. -_-

silly....applebloom didn't insta repair the club house.

She used her voodoo powers to fix it into submission.

Oh, the ponies from Cloudsdale weren't actually jocks. They were Rainbow Factory workers I believe, whom I think fell in love with Rarity's wings during the Sonic Rainboom episode.

There IS a deviantArt comic series about Rainbow Dash's time at the Junior Speedsters which have the aforementioned ponies as jocks, however. Dash Academy is the name.

Actually, no. They were depicted as basically being jocks in "The Cutie Mark Chronicles." Also, take a look at their cutie marks: basketballs and a dumbell.

http://images.wikia.com/mlp/images/f/f1/No_more_bullying.png

Either way you slice it, those two were bullies. That's my main point.

• Brohoof 2

I suppose I need to study more pop culture; I have no idea what this "A-team" reference is about. I've heard of the group, but know next to nothing about it/them

In any case, this episode gives me a lot of hope for the future of this series. It's the first CMC episode which didn't put me off in one way or another. They were a lot less...annoying, and less "kiddish". Of course, they were doing what little kids do, what with clubhouses and floats and what have you, but their dialogue and attitude seemed much more mature than it has in previous episodes, in which they were pretty much your stereotypical young child. I like that the writers are seeming to want to keep previous character development, instead of having lessons learned be non-canon.

The addition of Babs made for an interesting plot. At first when I saw her cover her flank with her tail, I had figured she had already gotten her cutie mark and didn't want to upset the CMC with this unknown information. (I don't read episode synopsis', or pay a whole lot of attention to small details like cutie marks in a show) But I was surprised when she turned into a complete bitch with the arrival of DT and SS. In fact, it makes me wonder how she different she would have been if those two had never made an appearance in this episode. If there had been no signs of bullying at all, how would she have turned out as a character? Ah well.

I must say, though overall an entertaining episode (Pinkie has some great lines, as do a lot of the characters. These writers are becoming pros at the "right-over-the-head-of-the-little-girls" jokes) I can't stand when there's a kids show with a bullying episode. Because generally, the lesson is a load of crap. Seriously, I'm sure there's some bullies out there who only do it for fear of or in retaliation to being bullied themselves, and that's what this episode addresses. But in my, and in others I know personal experiences, bullies usually can't be helped. They have some family issues, or possibly some mental health problems that cause them to do these cruel things. You can't talk anything out of them, or show them the error of their ways no matter what. For one reason or another, they're just jerks that you have to put up with. It's sad, but true. I know MLP wants to take these young kids and say, "Hey, it's OK, you can solve your problems with bullies like this" to make them feel better... but really, it's a lie. I just hope these younger viewers don't actually take episodes like this seriously... they could get really hurt if they did. :(

But I ramble. This was a great episode overall, we're four in and each new one has been better than the last. I have great expectations for #5. Kudos to the MLP team, they clearly have worked hard on this episode and season so far, and I think we all can't wait to see what the rest of the season has to offer us. :)

Oh, and that song; I pick and choose which MLP songs get to go on my iPod (such as "Winter Wrap-Up" and "Special Somepony") and this one ha definitely made the cut. That's some great musicianship, and fits the whole theme of the episode, plus the CMC themselves perfectly.

I can't be the only person that thought babs was a colt for the first couple of minutes. I mean that voice.... So MANLY! Oh and that song was uhhh... Yeah...

Edited by SonicBreak
  • Brohoof 2

I really didn't have high expectations when I started watching, as i'm not a huge fan of CMC episodes, but this was easily my favorite CMC episode yet. I loved that song and the Pinkie Pie puns!

First I thought the Babs Seed song was kinda meh, but now after listening to it a couple of times I must say that it is really good. The episode was okay. I got what I expected from a CMC episode. Also, I agree with ~Flutter shy

Edited by Jokuc