Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things You Dislike About the MLP Fandom

Xievie

(edited)

Been ages since I posted this, and why the heck does it have wierd fonts?

Too lazy to fix it anyways.

Well, we can be Bronies even if we don't approve of something. We are all different and dislike what some do or like. I want you to share what that is.

I'd expect something like cloppers, grimdark stuff, rule 34, an overused pony meme... Something that comes from the bronies.

And please for the love of Luna, do not be offended from peoples oppinions if you like what they dislike.

Be more truthful than Applejack could possibly be, nopony's gonna bite! (hopefully)

Edited by Suskel
  • Brohoof 2

I guess you could say that I do not like the people who post perverted stuff about it... Thats not why I like the show. I enjoy the show for what it is and the quality of the animation and storyline etc.

• Brohoof 12

(edited)

I hate the infighting. Just because some of you have never seen it, it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. We're all on the same side.

Edited by Coeus
  • Brohoof 8

(edited)

Not a fan of Bronies that bring up ponies all the time and try to flaunt it in people's faces constantly. The kind of people that lash out at people for simply not liking ponies. I just do not appreciate any kind of that behavior.

Edited by SinisterMongoose
  • Brohoof 13

I really don't like cloppers or R34 artists. If you tell your family and friends your a brony and when they go and search it a bunch of NSFW stuff comes up.

• Brohoof 10

I don't like the R34, cloppers, and shippers. It just disgusts me and it doesn't seem right. That's pretty much all. :l

Agree with you 100% the way I see it is that when watching this show you should view it with the same innocence a child would view it in. It is a show intended for a younger audience it is called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic not My Little Pony: Friendship is Erotic or Shipping is Magic.
  • Brohoof 4

I suppose what I dislike are the ones that are a bit too flamboyant about the show. Not that I hate them, just they get the most attention and I'm concerned about how they influence what the non-Bronies perceive as a Brony. Like how Howard Stern interpreted us.
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I hate cloppers now. I was actually indifferent to them until the Howard Stern broadcast (what other people do is not my business), but after hearing three of them talking about it to a member of the media, my indifference has turned to disgust. They're making us ... the entire fandom ... look like perverts. Of course, I realize Stern was cherry-picking the weirdest from among us to broadcast on his show. I still can't believe the jerks said what they did with a microphone in their faces. But because of guys like those three, now people will spew more hate at the fandom. Ten times more hate. Thanks a lot, you three cloppers. Thanks a LOT!

Edited by SydneyGrey
  • Brohoof 10

Infighting and elitism, mostly. /mlp/, Ponychan and Equestria Daily are the absolute worst at this. You realize you all watch the same show and are all the same to anyone outside the community, right?

I don't care to much for cloppers, or shippers, or ponfags (people who are so brony that they throw it in everyones face)

Funny, many people on /mlp/ prefer being called the last thing instead of bronies due to the stigma of a "brony" being socially awkward. They see the term as someone who likes ponies but doesn't flaunt it too openly.

Don't care about the more mature side at all, let them do what they want.

• Brohoof 2

The R34 stuff and the cloppers don't really bother me. I'm used to that stuff from so many other fandoms that I can happily ignore it. The in your face bronies annoy me though. They actually put me off watching the show for a long time, because I hate it when you're constantly being pushed to do/try something, and there were a lot of militant bronies around trying to cram it down peoples throats. It makes me less likely to do whatever is being pushed at me, because I'm stubborn like that ^^;

• Brohoof 1

Agree with you 100% the way I see it is that when watching this show you should view it with the same innocence a child would view it in. It is a show intended for a younger audience it is called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic not My Little Pony: Friendship is Erotic or Shipping is Magic.

Ikr? I can tell people have a special closeness with the show but R34, cloppers, and shippers just take it too far. Like you said, the show is to innocent to live through that. Seriously, who would do that to this?

post-5645-0-14565800-1342574650.jpg

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

I have to agree with the Rule 34 art. I find it disturbing every time I see the kind of art that younger viewers should never come across. It's not what Lauren Faust visioned when she created My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic for this generation.

Edited by Deeмo
  • Brohoof 5

The bronies who constanly shove ponies in other people's faces. Makes us look really annoying -_-

Agreed. The only time I shove ponies in someone's face is if they, too, are a brony, and we are discussing ponies. There's more to me than just ponies, and I that being known. That's why I typically relegate my public bronyness to a t-shirt.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

R34 and clopping sucks and I dislike it, but I've seen enough of it in other fandoms that I can ignore it. No, what bothers me most are the people who take ponies WAY too seriously. The ones who are totally obsessed with ponies and are highly obnoxious about it. R34 tends to be easy enough to avoid, but annoying zealots are EVERYWHERE in the brony community and they're too loud and outspoken to ignore, thus, they are what is most annoying to me.

Edited by Vega

(edited)

Been ages since I posted this, and why the heck it it this font?

Too lazy to fix it anyways.

If you have the time, read the end of this post, please. Maybe you can learn a lesson about respecting other's oppinions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally dislike cloppers, R34 because the show is too innocent for them- but if it's what they like, then i'm okay with it. I will let them all be, but if they start shoving it in my face, say they go and spam my youtube, yahoo, or forum mail with such content, then i'll start going CAPS LOVE AND TOLERANCE on their flank.I also dislike grimdark. Just personally. I don't hate it, but just don't prefer it. I only get bothered when i see freaky pictures of ponies on my suggested youtube videos that freaks me out just to see them. I get paranoid easily. For me it's all personal, but as I said, as long as they don't shove it in my face, my ear, my ass, my mind or inbox, then I won't pay any mind. It's when they Posted Image me that I get irritated and want to start yelling.Otherwise i keep my thoughts to myself.The thing I hate are other bronies being annoying to nonbronies. To some people I just want to say "Really dude? He doesn't want to be a brony or have anything to do with us. Just leave him, be, don't freaking fight him or spam him with ponies."

------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel everyone has the right to not like something. But if somebody hates on something, then it irritates me. Wether one person is irritating them, or many are fighting, I'd just like them to stop and respect their differences.And I prefer that those who don't watch MLP to be non-bronies, not haters. Don't hate, just ignore us if you don't like us.

Go ahead and make rule 34 of ponies.

Go ahead and make grimdark of ponies.

Go ahead and love ponies the way you love them.

Go ahead and make innocent fanart of ponies.

Go ahead and make fanmade videos of ponies.

Go ahead and like Adventure time. (I have heard that's our "rival" cartoon)

Go ahead and dislike ponies.

I'm not stopping you... Just don't bother people about it. Keep it to yourself, and don't spam or argue on it. They don't want to be bothered-- then don't bother them.And to the fellow bronies who bother others, we don't hate. We Tolerate. We won't shove, we will love.Be nice to eachother, Rule 34, grimdarkies, bronies, anti-bronies.

Edited by Suskel
  • Brohoof 8

(edited)

Funny, many people on /mlp/ prefer being called the last thing instead of bronies due to the stigma of a "brony" being socially awkward. They see the term as someone who likes ponies but doesn't flaunt it too openly.

Don't care about the more mature side at all, let them do what they want.

The majority of /mlp/ goers are also insecure loons who mock successful bronies and abhor any MLP fans that don't love ol' 4cheen. Their board is also constantly littered with the very mature content that aids haters in painting the fandom a bad image. Truly, it is an awful place.

Ponychan Mustard Race reporting in.

Edited by Pinkie Pie
  • Brohoof 2

The majority of /mlp/ goers are also insecure loons who mock successful bronies and abhor any MLP fans that don't love ol' 4cheen. Their board is also constantly littered with the very mature content that aids haters in painting the fandom a bad image. Truly, it is an awful place.

Ponychan Mustard Race reporting in.

It is good for the occasional laugh. Not the best place for discussing pony, but a good laugh. Really, replace "pony" with "anything" and you have 4chan in a nutshell. They are where "Pony Thread Simulators" come from, so a glass house analogy fits.
  • Brohoof 1

I hate the bronies that search older generations on Youtube and make comments like: ''This is crap!! FIM is way better than this piece of sh*t''. Seriously, if you can't even have respect for the thing that brought you this amazing cartoon... I also hate those who say to everyone who likes the show and don't call themselves bronies that: ''Man! You like My little Pony! That makes you an automatic brony''. And last but not least, those who spam everyone with ponies when it's not talked about. Oh and Rule34 too, I hate that thing...

• Brohoof 3

I hate the infighting. Just because some of you have never seen it, it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. We're all on the same side.

This all the way. Expanding on it, mostly I hate the fact that many claim the motto of the community and then fight with each other over what is or isn't acceptable to like or do as a community. You can dislike something without making the people who like it feel like sh** lol, there is a right and wrong way to say you don't like something. We're all in the same boat of "weird," if you want to call it that, anyway. That said I'm not so big a fan of our rule 34 side.
  • Brohoof 1