Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things You Dislike About the MLP Fandom

Xievie

So when I see something like SmileHD the question on my mind is always "why?" If I wanted to be squicked out I'd go rent Hellraiser.

Am I the only one who see Smile HD as shock humor? I mean I am 99% sure that Mister Davie just makes his videos for pure shock value and when I see people react negatively to shocking things I feel like finding more because it is funny to see comments like "I'll never see pinkie the same." or "This is sick why does it exist please don't do this anymore." (maybe that's just my inner troll.)

Oh and may I add one more thing to my list, when bronies try and make thing emotional or sad. Snowdrop is dumb, My Little Dashi is a Mary Sue fanfic, and when people over exemplify sad things in the show, (AJ's parents, Pinkamena, etc.)

• Brohoof 2

Am I the only one who see Smile HD as shock humor? I mean I am 99% sure that Mister Davie just makes his videos for pure shock value and when I see people react negatively to shocking things I feel like finding more because it is funny to see comments like "I'll never see pinkie the same." or "This is sick why does it exist please don't do this anymore." (maybe that's just my inner troll.)

Oh and may I add one more thing to my list, when bronies try and make thing emotional or sad. Snowdrop is dumb, My Little Dashi is a Mary Sue fanfic, and when people over exemplify sad things in the show, (AJ's parents, Pinkamena, etc.)

We're probably actually mostly in agreement here.

My original thing that I posted in this thread was basically "bronies won't shut the fuck up about Cupcakes" and that's actually part of what annoys me is that bronies are shocked by these things.

I'm not shocked or horrified by this stuff, I just think it's dumb and maybe a little unsettling.

As I said, I don't like bronies talking about grimdark stuff all the time. If you actually enjoy it that's cool I guess. I don't really get it, but whatever. It's just that I always have to hear about it and most of the time it's from people who are freaking out about it. "Oh my god, Pinkie Pie made Rainbow Dash into cupcakes. I've been traumatized for life."

• Brohoof 1

I believe that lack of genuineness and hypocrisy to be the main issues plaguing this fandom in relation to itself.

There's also this type of overconfidence that I see in it which is that the lessons of friendship given in the show will mean that a cohesive and peaceful community can be built of friendship. That's not how communities work -- it's an entirely different ball game that the show just doesn't touch upon. More on that here.

Well I do have to agree with the "making things emotional or sad" thing to an extent.  I really do not like some of the readings of My Little Dashie on you tube because of how overdone they are. Sorry if this offends anyone, but "emotional" readings are not my thing. I mean My Little Dashie is a great story on its own, let the sadness and the emotion speak for itself.

Edited by whitetiger187

• 3 weeks later...

I hate how at times other fans attack

ppl's art/fan stuff and just break it

down and flame it to death or steal

it and try to post it off as theirs. Yes

I know you find it in any fandom sadly....

• 1 month later...

What kinda annoys me is how some bronies attack non-bronies or anti-bronies just because they ask a question about the show. Bronies will swear like crazy and leave caps lock on just to defend the show. If you want to defend the show, it can be done in a calmer manner.

1) There is already a thread from clop related discussion and this is not it. 

2) I'm locking this thread until clean-up / review can be done. 

• Brohoof 2