Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things You Dislike About the MLP Fandom

Xievie

I don't care to much for cloppers, or shippers, or ponfags (people who are so brony that they throw it in everyones face)

Is that a real term? I hope not. I find it very offensive as a gay person who has had to deal with bullying over my sexuality.

Rule 34 and fanfics are two things I don't like, especially R34, it sickens me, along with having the characters half pony half human. :blink:

Is that a real term? I hope not. I find it very offensive as a gay person who has had to deal with bullying over my sexuality.

You do realize that fag is used for everything on the internet right?

For example, I am a peruvianfag, because I am from Peru.

An mlpfim fan that shoves the show down other peeps throats is a ponyfag.

OP is a fag (internet meme) look it up.

Don't feel offended, I use the word fag on a daily basis, and yet I have nothing against homosexuals. One of my friends is a homo, and he's awesome.

• Brohoof 1

-The diehards who'll shove it in peoples face

-The blind Trixie fans (you know who I'm refering to)

-Most of all, the ones who'll question my bronydom by whether I love and tolerate others for their actions. I HATE that.

• Brohoof 1

There was a previous topic similar to this not that long ago so I'll just repeat my response from there

About the fandom

- Bronies need to stop automatically labeling someone who just doesn't care for the show as a hater/troll. If they gave the show a shot and still didn't enjoy it, fine, that's their opinion.

- Art fans are too damn meticulous about data accuracy. I've made a bunch of novelty drivers' licenses for each pony, like the ones you see in a gift shop that are like of celebrities and such. They're for fun and are certainly not canon. You wouldn't believe the amount of comments I've received on them like "Uh, that's not their birthday" "Wtf, her eyes are aqua, not blue" and so on. Enjoy the damn art for what it is and don't crap on it because there's a speck of inaccuracy on something that doesn't even matter.

• Brohoof 3

Indeed it is, made by the sensitive fellows over at 4chan.

(edited)

You do realize that fag is used for everything on the internet right?

For example, I am a peruvianfag, because I am from Peru.

An mlpfim fan that shoves the show down other peeps throats is a ponyfag.

OP is a fag (internet meme) look it up.

Don't feel offended, I use the word fag on a daily basis, and yet I have nothing against homosexuals. One of my friends is a homo, and he's awesome.

It doesn't matter how often it's used or really even in what context. Wrong is wrong. We all know the meaning behind the word and it is almost always used to hurt a minority. I'm not condemning anyone or trying to come down on anybody but a bigoted word really has no place in modern society. Just my opinion.

Edited by Jemboi

I dislike R34 immensely. (not just for what it is, but also because of the negative stigma it gives the entire fandom)

Those bronies who SAY they Don't care if someone doesn't like it but then shove it in their face if you don't.

And the people who try to relate EVERYTHING to ponies even when there is no connection and they aren't even with any bronies.

• Brohoof 1

I don't like cloppers

But why? They aren't doing remotely anything to you.

Why do you hate someone just because of an activity you know nothing about?

• Brohoof 1

I know I posted here before, but I just don't like so much. I really don't like Ponychan, /mlp/, Reddit, 9gag, Cheezburger sites, or most places dedicated to pony except for this one. Outside of this forum, the most civil people I encounter are usually in dedicated megathreads on forums unrelated to pony. Ironically, from what I've seen, many pony-dedicated places are usually bad places to discuss pony.

But really, what I dislike the most is the mob mentality around haters, among other things. I don't get why people see the actions of others so terrible when it is so easy is disassociate yourself with them if you really don't like them that much. Hate the R34 part? Hate the "spaghetti-filled" part? Why do you have to look at that video and get mad when they're nothing like you? This confuses me more than anything else with this community. I could understand if you have the kind of humor where you enjoy making fun of them, but saying they "ruin the fandom" is hyperbole, as the fandom is made up of many people of many different interests.

• Brohoof 2

i hate how people say they hate MLP: FiM when they haven't watched an episode. It is like judging a book by its cover. If they have watched an episode and say they don't like it, than, I am perfectly fine with it. Not everyone needs to be a brony. What I also hate is when people say they absolutely CANNOT like the show, but secretly like the show. Also, I hate when your siblings decide to tell your cousins that you cannot trust.

I dislike the brony guys that think that brony girls can't be bronies because we're female. I'm nerdy about the same show as you and I'm "too old" for it so I experience some awkwardness surrounding the fandom. I'm not saying it's as bad for me as for grown men that enjoy the show since the gender issue seems to trump the age issue for people who find problems with the show's audience, but I'm still a brony. I still like ponies, I still like the show and I can still relate to guy bronies about the fandom.

• Brohoof 6

But why? They aren't doing remotely anything to you.

Why do you hate someone just because of an activity you know nothing about?

I'm not saying that I don't like the person, I meant I don't like the act of clopping or idea of it. And I never said I hate anyone.

This came up in my mind, but something else I dislike about some bronies is when they go "OMG TWILIGHT IS BEST PONY" or "LOL RD PWNS ALL PONIES" and things like that.

Like really, I like all ponies, but prefer Fluttershy, but I won't go around saying she is best pony. I really like her, but some think otherwise. All Ponies are equal.

I feel rather hurt when people hate on Fluttershy, saying that she is overrated, just cause they like say, Twilight better.

But I am also very hurt when people hate on Twilight, or any other pony just cause they like another pony better.

All ponies are equal, none is better than the others. Nobody is stopping you to like another pony more, but there, FOR THE LOVE OF CELESTIA there is no Best Pony!

If the Mane 6 were real, they would be very disappoint at people who argue about "Best Pony". They are all friends, and value eachother equally, so if they were real, they would be very disappoint, son.

p.s. Fluttershy is best pony

• Brohoof 5

I hate people who hate cloppers. Especially ones who say "The show is innocent." Oh, if you care about the innocence of the show, then wheres the hate police for blood and gore, oh every time someone swears. Those are much worse and you are worried about R34? And don't give me that excuse that you can''t avoid it, use deviant art if you have to. I mean seriously they never have a good reason. I have yet to see one.

We aren't monsters, we aren't hurting you, there is no reason to hate.

And most of this thread is already making me mad.

Nope not hurting us... Just defiling the beloved children characters and making it impossible to google or even look up a youtube video without being spammed with sexualized pony "art".

You need to chill out, I'm sure no one actually hates you as much as they do the act and you can't blame anyone for that

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

ll ponies are equal, none is better than the others. Nobody is stopping you to like another pony more, but there, FOR THE LOVE OF CELESTIA there is no Best Pony!

Surely you jest because Rarity is best pony

*runs away*

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 3

•The ones who take the “best pony” thing seriously (as in actually thinknig there is a best charcater in the show, it's all opinions), and those who accuse people who don't take it seriously (like me, I only do the best pony thing as a joke.).

•I can tolerate cloppers, though the concept is merely disgusting, there a part of society, and more importantly a part of our society, so the best thing to do is to move on, accept it, and ignore it.

•This one is sort of tied in with the first one. The ones who always judge a character for their negative traits and complains that the way the act is intolerable. The one who mostly gets attacked by this is Rarity. People don't understand they they shouldn't go ahead of themselves and say the characters like Rarity are immoral because of the way they act, because said people don't take time to look over the POSITIVES of the characters, and what makes them worthy of being one of the main characters.

•This one is sort of tied in with the first one. The ones who always judge a character for their negative traits and complains that the way the act is intolerable. The one who mostly gets attacked by this is Rarity. People don't understand they they shouldn't go ahead of themselves and say the characters like Rarity are immoral because of the way they act, because said people don't take time to look over the POSITIVES of the characters, and what makes them worthy of being one of the main characters.

I really think that the balance of both negative and positive characteristics is what makes the show so watchable. It bothers me when people refuse to acknowledge that their favourite pony has flaws. I feel like people should accept the negative things about their favourite pony as well as the positive.
  • Brohoof 1

The thing I dislike the most about bronies? The ones who preach about "love and tolerance"... its against human nature. Humans aren't meant to love and/or tolerate so just shut up about it already before I shove my loving foot up your tolerating ass.

• Brohoof 1

I really think that the balance of both negative and positive characteristics is what makes the show so watchable. It bothers me when people refuse to acknowledge that their favourite pony has flaws. I feel like people should accept the negative things about their favourite pony as well as the positive.

Exactly. Faust put her heart and soul into the mane 6's characteristics as she imagined them from the G1 characters- its's the result of a fully-developed child's imagination into cartoon characters, basically. And they're all filled with the right concoctions for excellent role models, even they have flaws, but still, that's what makes them so relatable to people. No matter what, there's always at least one flaw in a person, because nopony's perfect. What's important is how they reverse the effect of said flaws, and how they continue to carry on as excellent role models.

The thing I dislike the most about bronies? The ones who preach about "love and tolerance"... its against human nature. Humans aren't meant to love and/or tolerate so just shut up about it already before I shove my loving foot up your tolerating ass.

Posted Image

Okay, I'm sorry, but do you even know why we support the idea of love and tolerance so much?

As I assume you've probably noticed by now, the general image of a show about candy colored, talking horses generating such a serious amount of appeal from guys doesn't sound like your average idea of a regular demographic. That's why ever since the show's popularity reached 4chan (where it all started), it's gotten as much acceptance as it has received hate. Ignorant idiots who've never watched the show accused us for being homosexual pedophiles (the buck....how does that even work?!) for watching a show about My Little Pony, and so they've received the unfortunate title of this show's legion of haters. And, the rest is history.

Anyways, point being, is that with all the moral being spread to us from the MLP: FiM (don't tell me you've seen an episode with no moral in it...), we try to stick to the ways of show and treat our haters as so, regardless of how annoying they can be. So instead of going all flame war on them, we try to just take a breath, and simply love (loving your haters should be the #1 rule in every society), and tolerate (you think we wanna listen to the crap they give us? No! We just ignore it and move on.) them.

Ever since, it's become one of the most commonly supported ideas in the brony community. If you knew the context of it, you should probably try it the next time you encounter a hater.

• Brohoof 2