Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Imagine a computer, not a human, deciding whether you'll get the job.

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Consider this: who has a vested interest in keeping reasonable labor laws out of these countries? Who would lose out if a stable government improved people's lives by creating an orderly, prosperous society where the people started demanding a wage that can keep enough food on the table for a meager, but comfortable, life?

You and I both know the answer to those questions.

Consider this: I used lived in a very primitive city that looked like amish stereotypee before a us backed fascist dictator came to power and transformed the capitol into a modern city in just 2 decades with the power of fascism.

If the multinationals do leave Africa then they would have to resort to an all powerful dictator that control every aspect of the economy and people's lives to improve their living conditions and modernize.I have absolutely no problem with all powerful fascist dictator but the Africans might not feel the same way about it.

I personally think that it would be a good idea for them to have a fascist or communist government due to the abundant natural resources but some people just dislike authoritarian rule.There is just no way for them to exist as a capitalist democracy with labor laws.

And police in any and all countries are corrupt thugs who only obey the government, I have mercenaries guarding my hood this very moment and I'm 10000X safer than the general population who are susceptible to terrorism, religious violence, organized crime , etc.We also maintain our own privatized road within our area and we have defensive structures/objects.

The power of brand

It's hard for newer brands to enter the market as people usually stick to mainstream brands, it will be disastrous if the third world stop making products for the multinationals and started making their own brands as the domestic and foreign market probably won't buy them.

Edited by khaine21x3

A Computer deciding if we get the job that we always wanted to have.. hmm..

Well Feld0, that would be quite dumb.. Because as jobs work(as you already know)with applications, interviews etc..

And for the person that takes in people decide rather they get the job or not, which can take days, weeks for that person to decide rather he or she gets the job that they applied for.

It's just a matter of the computer judging that the people that apply for the job.. such as automatic Denial cause he or she is fat and ugly, or had a past that wasn't even bad at all by just 1 small thing, anything really.

If they were to exist, fine i could care less, but it would be a negative impact on humanity cause it would put alot of people out of work which could hurt the world in its resources, money, income, placing people out on the street cause they don't have a job and those stupid computers are keeping them from getting the job to support their family.

So it would really cause alot of havoc in this world..

Those are just the words i just want to point out.. that's all.

Edited by FIuttershy

• 1 year later...
(edited)

Human beings are not predictable creatures. We do things that are out of character, and we are always generally changing, anyway. No computer will be able to predict these kinds of things; it's pretty much trying to predict the future, which is just flat out impossible. (Keep in mind, I said TL;DR, and don't know what it's actually about. c: )

This isn't true The human brains (or any other system) should be predictable with enough information. The largest extreme is knowing every elementary particle quantum state. (There is still Uncertainty principle but I believe that should have almost zero effect on as large system as our brain is.) Then you "only" need to figure out how the elementary particles would  interact and you should be able to predict how will any system react to any outside effect. 

Computers don't have emotions, there is no way to program emotion into a computer
This also isn't true. Powerful computer with right program (currently far beyond our capabilities) could at least simulate emotions (I actually think it should be able to have them but that isn't the point) to a level where it would be indistinguishable from actual emotions by outside observer. This means that computer could accurately simulate decisions made by human beings.

I'm not trying to say that we should let computers decide employees loyalty since as of current technology humans can do that better (my research into this topic is VERY limited so don't take that much objectively. Its just my rough guess.) 
and there is also the problem of hackers (as Nyx Assassin mentioned). Maybe they could use it to help company decide but the final verdict should still be decide by interview.

Every think I wrote here was written with my current knowledge without giving it all that much research. It may be wrong and if you think it is you are welcomed to point that out. (I also only skimmed through this topic. I know I'm bad and I should feel bad  :()

p.s. English isn't my first language so I'm sorry if some of the sentences are awkwardly written but this is the best I can do.

edit: :wacko: Oops this topic is 2 years old. I spent over hour writing this. lol (insert facepalm/facehoof icon)
Edited by insert_username