• Twilight Sparkle
    • Princess Luna
  2. 2. Who do you wanna lose?

• Fluttershy
    • Rarity
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Princess Luna

NOMINATION STAGE FINISHED PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ANY NEW NOMINATIONS Well guys, it's been a full year. One year from today, we launched a competition to determine just who the best pony was.This contest lasted a long while, and ended in March, with Fluttershy being the victor. However, now, it is time for that title to once again be put up for grabs. Indeed, the Mayans years ago foresaw this event. An event so earth shaking it would end the world. And gentlemen and gentlewomen, this is it. The even to end all event, the pony competition to end all pony competitions. Indeed, are you, the spectator, prepared to chose the best pony as the world ends horribly, in... THE GREAT PONY-OFF 2012 GLOBAL APOCALYPSE EDITION Like last year's competition, it will be split into five stages, each stage consisting of a different task that each pony must undergo.

Stage One; Nomination Stage

The easiest stage for anypony who is not brain dead. In this stage, you, the viewer, will get a chance to nominate up to three ponies. Nomination qualifications and details are below. Because a pony will only need a single nomination, this is the easiest stage for anypony to compete in.

Stage Two; Elimination Stage

While it is easy for a pony to get into the competition, this stage will truly show just how far they can get. For three days, two ponies chosen via random number generator will be put ‘head-to-head’ so to speak. You will get to vote for one pony to stay up there, and at the end of the voting period, one pony will go home, and the other will stay, safe and ready for the next stage. This stage will continue all the competitors have participated. This will half the number of participants, and separate the ponies from the mice.

Stage Three; Rating Stage

This stage does not focus on if one pony is better then another, but rather how good one pony is. For three days, one of the ponies will be rated by you, the viewer, in five categories. Then the rating will be averaged, and we’ll move onto the next pony. Once all is said and done, the top five ponies will move onto the next round.

Stage Four; Upvote/Downvote Stage

A very simple stage, and undoubtedly the fastest. A pony’s average from stage three will be added with their votes from Stage two. From here, you will vote for one pony to stay, and for another one to go home. At the end of the week, the two ponies with the highest score will move onto the final stage.

Stage Five; Victory Stage

The final stage, where everything is on the line; honor, dignity, self-respect, all of that. In this stage, the voting process will be exactly the same as stage two. Simply vote for your favorite pony. The tension will be high, as you watch the two ponies that you nominated fight each other for the title, and you are torn on which to choose. When two weeks have passed, the pony with the most votes will be crowned the coveted title of best pony.

So hopefully this big competition will be able to determine Trixie who is best pony. (Seriously, Fluttershy shouldn't win twice in a row. I mean come on guys) ~~~ Anyways, now it's time to work on Stage 2, where two ponies will square off against each other! Let's see which will prevail! Victor None yet! Who will it be? Participants 2. Apple Bloom

Name: Apple Bloom Species: Earth Pony of unusual cuteness Gender: Female Rank: Veteran Highlight Episode: The Cutie Pox (if I had to pick one from a half dozen awesome candidates) Why you think this is best pony: Season 2 showed us that Apple Bloom is more than just one of three troublemaking fillies now; she is conflicted like few other ponies her age, and has emerged from that struggle as a stronger character than any of them. On one hoof she yearns to find herself by obtaining her mark, on the other hoof she enjoys just running around with her friends. She is the de facto leader of the CMC and stands out the most as an individual, and I think we will see that reflected in this year's voting.

3. Applejack

Name: Applejack Species: Cuddly doll Earth pony Gender: Female Rank: Veteran Highlight Episode: Sisterhooves Social--yeah, I know, that's Rarity's episode, but Applejack shines quite prominently here. Why you think this is best pony: Applejack is the most loyal and dependable friend one pony could have. She'll work herself to lengths to give to others, whether bucking apples or training hard for the next rodeo. She is quite honest and the best pony for getting advice from when having a problem. Although proud, she wouldn't brag up front and make others look bad. However, she could be quite uncouth and extremely competitive if the situation drives her so. But one could always count on Applejack, the most hard-working and reliable mare in Equestria! Plus, she has that adorable accent and a Southern swag better than Rainbow Dash's. (Come at me bro)

4. Babs Seed

Name: Babs Seed Species: Earth pony Gender: Female Rank: Newcomer Highlight Episode: One Bad Apple Why you think she's best pony: Babs came from Manehatten, the city of arts. She is quite insecure and would rather go with the crowd instead of doing what she would think was best for her. She dislikes being teased.

6. Big Macintosh

Name: Big Macintosh Species: Earth Pony Gender: Male Rank: Newcomer Highlight Episode: Hearts and Hooves Day Why you think this is best pony: Big Macintosh is the most hard-working stallion in all of Ponyville. He is also an awesome big brother. Eeyup!

8. Cheerilee

Name: Cheerilee Species: Earth pony Gender: Female Rank: New-comer Highlight Episode: Hearts And Hooves Day Why you think this is best pony: I dont, but Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle and Granny Smith were already chosen C: But Cheerilee is very kind and sometimes funny. I like kind ponies :3

9. Crackle

Name: Crackle Species: Dragon Gender: Unknown Rank: Newcomer Highlight Episode: Dragon Quest by just sitting there and being awesome Why you think this is best pony: Crackle is best dragon because Crackle is the Derpy of dragons. No one has the conversation skills or beauty of Crackle. What a name too, Crackle. Good stuff.

10. Daring Do

Name: Daring Do Species: Pegasus Gender: Female Rank: Newcomer Highlight Episode: Read It and Weep Why you think this is best pony: The main character of her own book series. She is the reason Rainbow Dash, a pony who once thought reading was merely for eggheads, is now an egghead herself. Her high athleticism and intelligence significantly aided her in escaping the many traps of the temple and Ahuizotl in her quest for the sapphire statue, proving that she is undeniably, unquestionably, unstoppable!

11. Derpy Hooves

Name: Derpy Hooves Species: Pegasus Gender: Female Rank: Veteran Highlight Episode: Friendship is Magic, Part 1 (or, if she's more than just a background pony, then The Last Roundup) Why you think this is best pony: How many other ponies appear pretty much every episode without saying a word, and then creating an uproar when she finally did? And dem derp eyes are beyond beautiful. Also, muffins

14. Golden Harvest

Name: Golden Harvest (Carrot Top) Species: Earth Pony Gender: Female Rank: New-Comer Highlight Episode: Boast Busters Why you think this is best pony: In the rare instances when Golden Harvest speaks, she always has a knack for saying something witty, as seen in Boast Busters. When she doesn't speak, she stands out as the first background character I see and acknowledge. Her Cutie mark is pretty cool too, and always leaves me with unanswered questions.

15. Granny Smith

Name: Granny (Muthabuckin) Smith. Species: Earth pony Gender: Female Rank: Newcomer Highlight Episode: Family Appreciation Day Why you think this is best pony: Granny Smith is so sweet and adorable. She doesn't get nearly enough appreciation as she should, and I'd love to see if any other fans out there want her in. Not to mention she's feisty and funny and always has a great story to tell <3

16. Fluttershy

Name: Fluttershy Species: Pegasus Gender: Female Rank: Veteran Highlight Episode: Stare Masters Why you think this is best pony: Fluttershy is a shy graceful pony, with a winning complexion and smile, when she isn't hiding behind her mane of course! She's good with animals, good with kids. And she knows how to assert herself as well!

17. King Sombra

Name: King Sombra Species: Unicorn Gender: Male Rank: Newcomer Highlight Episode: The Crystal Empire, parts 1 and 2 Why you think this is best pony: The ultimate master of dark magic, King Sombra single-hoofedly conquered and enslaved the entire Crystal Empire with hatred and fear. More of a dangerous entity now than a foe that was faced directly, Sombra took advantage of his shadowy form to spread dark magic like a plague as he closed in on the Crystal Empire after he and it returned from a 1000 year curse he himself put on it that made it all disappear. Though ultimitely defeated by the light and love of the Crystal Heart and ponies, there's no telling if or when he'll come back or if a part of him is still out there somewhere. He may not have said much, but really, the magnitude of his power and the devious traps and tricks he set in the Crystal Empire's castle speak for themselves. A vote for King Sombra is a vote for pure evil!

18. Octavia

Name: Octavia Species: Earth pony Gender: Female Highlight Episode: The Best Night Ever Why you think she's best pony: Aside from the knowledge that she plays the cello almost nothing is known about her, so what's not to like?

19. Photo Finish

Name: Photo Finish Species: Earth Pony Gender: Female Rank: Newcomer Highlight Episode: Green isn't Your Color Why you think this is best pony: She isn't. Pinkie Pie is my favorite, Surprise is my second. Photo Finish is my third favorite. She has an awesome taste in fashion, has awesome glasses, an awesome job, and an awesome accent. In short, she's simply awesome. SHE'S GOT DA MAGIKS!

20. Pipsqueak

Name: Pipsqueak Species:Earth Pony Gender: Male Rank: Newcomer Highlight Episode: Luna Eclipsed Why you think this is the best Pony: Because Pipsqueak is a pirate. He is also one of the only colts we see that ISN'T Snips and Snails.

22. Princess Cadence

Name: Princess Cadance Species: Alicorn Gender: Female Rank: Newcomer Highlight Episode: Canterlot Wedding Why you think this is best pony: My favorite pony is Rainbow Dash, but I also love Princess Cadance. I loved the season 2 finale, which she starred in. She is, in my opinion, the most beautiful princess in all of Equestria :3

23. Princess Celestia

Name: Princess Celestia. Species: Alicorn Gender: Female Rank: Veteran Highlight Episode: Welcome to Ponyville Why you think this is best pony: She's the benevolent ruler of Equestria and made the country that nice place that it is now. She's beautiful, caring and the responsibility of the whole country lays in her hooves. She's over 1000 years old and has a lot of wisdom,experience and magic abilities. Show some love for our great princess Celestia and vote for her!

24. Princess Luna

Name: Luna Species: Alicorn Gender: Female Rank: Veteran Highlight Episode: Luna Eclipsed Why you think this is best pony: I just like everything about her. From her awesome look/mane to the way she acts, which can be quite varied. Even though she hasn't been seen a great deal, we can see her progression. She's also mysterious. Who doesn't like a mysterious person. Oh, she also has power over the flipping moon. Side note: She's also pretty darn cute ^^

27. Queen Chrysalis

Name: (Queen) Chrysalis Species: Changling Gender: Female Rank: New-Comer Highlight Episode: A Canterlot Wedding Part Two Why you think this is best pony: A queen of ruthlessness, Chrysalis lurks in the shadows, and can flawlessly assume the identity of another. Her magic skills are great, as she had fed on so much love that she could overpower Celestia. Not to mention that she would have gotten away with her plan if it wern't for those meddling ponies, and their stupid dragon!

28. Rainbow Dash

Name: Rainbow Dash Species: Pegasus Gender: Female Rank: Veteran Highlight Episode: Sonic Rainboom Why She is Best Pony: She is the embodiment of freedom and the dreamer. She will always be there for her friends and is coolness, awesomeness and radicalness ponified. She is also surprisingly adorable and brings a unique personality to the show. I can and have said more, but this is enough for now.

29. Raindrops

Name: Raindrops Species: Pegasus Gender:Female Rank: Newcomer Highlight Episode: Feeling Pinkie Keen Why you think this is the best pony: She may only be a background pony, but during this episode she and Derpy were the two ponies who dropped various things on Twilight. A lot of people only paid attention to Derpy during that scene, but Raindrops was also looking very guilty. And I personally loved that episode. And basically, she's just as incompetent as derpy Hooves.

30. Rarity

Name: Rarity Species: Unicorn Gender: Female Rank: Veteran Highlight Episode: Suited for Success Why you think this is best pony: Rarity is Ponyville's, if not Equestria's, greatest fashionista. She can whip up amazing outfits like no one has ever seen. Not to mention she's cute, funny, and generous, and always looks out for her friends. A vote for Rarity is a vote for style.

31. Rarity's Sofa

Name: Rarity's Sofa Species: Sofa Gender: None Rank: Veteran Highlight Episode: Lesson Zero Why you think this is best pony: This sofa is filled with so much character it's astounding. It speaks few words, but provides support for poor ol' Rarity. It's her crying shoulder, and is content with it's position in life. Overall, this... Hero deserves much more praise then it currently has.

32. Roseluck

Name: Roseluck Species: Earth Pony Gender: Female Rank: Newcomer Highlight Episode: The Cutie Pox Why you think this is best pony: Cute voice (as heard in the Cutie Pox). Roseluck and her best friends, Daisy and Lily, sell flowers in the flora shop right across from their home. Although easily frightened by various disasters that struck Ponyville, Rose is still loyal to her town and friends.

33. Scootaloo

Name: Scootaloo Species: Pegasus (Not making that joke) Gender: Female Rank: Veteran Highlight Episode: Call of the Cutie (But soon she'll have one for herself, FWA HA HA!) Why you think this is best pony: Well, she isn't, but she certainly seems to know who is, which gets her points in my book. She also founded the Rainbow Dash Fan Club, and even though I had to seize control of it partway through Season 2 she has proven a worthy second in command. Also she has shown great bravery in defending Apple Bloom from Diamond Tiara and is very good at coming up with ideas for the crusaders. She can do some mind-blowing scooter tricks, is a heck of a dancer and definitely deserves a spot in this competition.

34. Shining Armor

Name: Shining Armor Species: Unicorn Gender: Male Rank: Newcomer Highlight Episode: Canterlot Wedding Why you think this is best pony: Shining Armor is one of the most badass stallions in Equestria. He is the captain of the Canterlot Royal Guard and is also Twilight Sparkle's older brother. He is also married to Princess Cadance.

36. Soarin'

Name: Soarin' Species: Pegasus Gender: Male Rank: Newcomer Highlight Episode: The Best Night Ever Why you think this is best pony: Again, he isn't, but as a Wonderbolt, Soarin' is one of the most talented fliers in Equestria. He also shows admirable dedication to Apple Pie, the best dessert of all time. He even got to dance with Rainbow Dash at the Royal Wedding (Lucky @$$^$@^$@$). He will be a welcome addition to the contest and will certainly do his best!

37. Spike

Name: Spike Species: Dragon Gender: Male Rank: Veteran Highlight Episode: The Crystal Empire, part 2 Why you think they're best pony(dragon): Spike is Twilight Sparkle's assistant, always willing to help her in(almost) any situation. From sorting books in the Ponyville Library to saving an entire empire, Spike's done it all, and he's not even fully grown yet! This baby dragon deserves waaaay more attention than he gets. A vote for Spike is a vote for the#1(assistant!)!

39. Sweetie Belle

Name: Sweetie Belle Species: Unicorn Gender: Female Rank: Veteran Highlight Episode: Sisterhooves Social Why you think this is best pony: She's the best of the CMC and has a fabulous singing voice to rival Pinkie Pie's. Her relationship with her sister is a joy to see. Actually, just her appearances are. She always recieves the stinger to a joke, and has the best fandom reinterpretation of anypony (Sweetie Bot!).

41. Twilight Sparkle

Name: Twilight Sparkle Species: A Pony Gender: Female Rank: Veteran Highlight Episode: Every Episode! ( She's just that awesome! ) Why you think this is best pony: Her Cutie Mark is Magic! Can't top that. She has the best color scheme. She has an assistant and thus already getting started to commanding others around, she is the best nominee for the next ruling Monarch.

42. Vinyl Scratch

Name: DJ Pon-3/Vinyl Scratch Species: unicorn Gender: female Rank: Veteran Highlight Episode: Canterlot Wedding Part 2 Why you think this is best pony: She DJs a royal wedding, so she must be good at her job. She's also the inspiration for a rather large quantity of brony music. Also, while it's technically not canon, I can't help but mention MAH BASS CANNON!

Eliminated Contestants 1. The Great and Powerful Trixie (She will always be a winner in my heart)

Name: (The Great and Powerful) Trixie Lulamoon Species: Unicorn Gender: Female Rank: Veteran Highlight Episode: Boast Busters Why you think this is best pony: The Great and Powerful Trixie is an amazing pony. She's spectacular, cunning, and beautiful. Her skills are unmatched, her speeches are flawless, and her showmare's ship is amazing! Overall, Trixie is a pony that is flawless by every definition of the word.

5. Berry Punch

Name: Berry Punch Species:Earth Gender: Female Rank:Newcomer Highlight Episode: The Crystal Empire Part 2 Why you think this is the best Pony: Well, i never really cared for her until i saw her along side with all of the crystal ponies, where she did NOT belong, but she is pretty adorable!

7. Bloomburg

Name: Bloomberg Species: Apple Tree Gender: Male (according to Applejack) Rank: Newcomer Highlight Episode: Over a Barrel Why you think this is best pony: Bloomberg is a strong tree who gives his all in everything he does. Being raised to be strong by the Apple family allowed him to be able to survive the buffalo's assault on the train and live happily ever after in the Appleloosa orchard.

13. Discord

Name: Discord Species: Draconequus Gender: Male Rank: New-Comer Highlight Episode: The Return of Harmony Part One Why you think this is best pony: Discord is known throughout the fanbase as the 'fan-favorite' villain, a title of which he's gained through his charismatic, witty and entertaining personality. He's also easily the most powerful character in the series, being able to bend reality itself with the mere snap of a finger. The Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony, Discord is a fun character to watch, but a serious problem to deal with, and he is the rightful heir to the throne of 'Best Pony' outside Dashie.

12. Diamond Tiara

Names: Diamond Tiara Species: Earth Pony Gender: Female Rank: Newcomer Highlight Episode: Ponyville Confidential Why you think they're best ponies: Sassafrazz and it's hard being an earth pony in an alicorn's world.

21. Pinkie Pie

Name: Pinkie Pie Species: Earth Pony Gender: Female Rank: Veteran Highlight Episode: Too many Pinkie Pies Why you think this is best pony: She has an amazing singing voice. Can be super cute. Is able to break physics and the 4th wall. Has an amazing backstory. Her goal is to make everypony smile. Pure insanity not to love her.

25. Pound Cake

Name: Pound Cake Species: Pegasus Gender: Male Rank: New-Comer Highlight Episode: Baby Cakes Why he is Best Pony: Pound Cake is very strong, adventures, and one of the few male Pegasus we see in the show. The little guy is very cute and loves to fly just like another pegasus. He can fly all over the house while a pink pony is trying to get him to stop.

26. Pumpkin Cake

Name: Pumpkin Cake Species: Unicorn Gender: Female Rank: New Comer Highlight Episode: Baby Cakes Why She is Best Pony: Pumpkin Cake is a very cute baby pony. This pony could give Fluttershy a run for her bits in the cute department. Pumpkin maybe cute, but she can also be unpredictable. One minute she can be using her magic to make toys fly. The next minute she is floating herself into the air.

35. Silver Spoon

Name: Silver Spoon Species: Earth pony Gender: Female Rank: Newcomer Highlight Episode: Call of the Cutie Why you think this is best pony: It is a prevailing sentiment among the fandom that Silver Spoon is not as mean-spirited or stuck up as her best friend Diamond Tiara. She simply takes her cue from Diamond on how to behave, because we've never seen her be cruel to another pony on her own and she applauded Granny Smith's story with delight when Diamond Tiara would not. In addition to being more special than she lets on, Silver also looks special: what other pony on the show has a design like that?

38. Spitfire

Name: Spitfire Species: Pegasus Gender: Female Rank: New-Comer Highlight Episode: The Best Night Ever Why you think this is best pony: Captain of the talented Wonderbolts, Spitfire is a pony who's mane, coat and eyes resemble the flickering flames of fire. Despite how little we've seen of her, we know she's a laid-back and mature individual who almost resembles what Rainbow Dash might look like if she were a bit more mature and less of a hot-head. In possession of a terrific voice actor as well, Spitfire has garnished a lot of fan attention, despite basically being a background pony with only a handful of lines so far.

40. Time Turner

Name: Time Turner/Doctor Hooves Species: time lord varies between episodes, but is usually an earth pony Gender: male Rank: Veteran Highlight Episode: Call of the Cutie Why you think this is best pony: Very few other ponies can say that they're potentially a time lord. Also, if he IS a reincarnation of the Doctor, that would make him one of the few ponies that possess an English accent. Sticking closer to canon though, everything in Ponyville would fall into complete chaos if he weren't there to keep track of time. Seriously, who else would keep that windmill clock running?

~~~ So there we go! Everything you need to know about the competition! Let's have a nice clean game this year, and... post-35-0-23712700-1359910405.png (I know the picture isn't jaw-dropping-ly awesome, but it's not in the budget to afford those kinds of pictures.)

post-35-0-94894500-1359910378.png

post-35-0-94894500-1359910378.png

post-35-0-23712700-1359910405.png

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 17

Picture: Posted Image

Name: Granny (Muthabuckin) Smith.

Species: Earth pony

Highlight Episode: Family Appreciation Day

Why you think this is best pony: Granny Smith is so sweet and adorable. She doesn't get nearly enough appreciation as she should, and I'd love to see if any other fans out there want her in. Not to mention she's feisty and funny and always has a great story to tell <3

(I would have nominated Rarity, but I know someone else will, and as much as I love her Granny Smith needs this! XD)

• Brohoof 9

Posted Image

Name: Twilight Sparkle

Species: A Pony

Highlight Episode: Every Episode! ( She's just that awesome! )

Why you think this is best pony:

Her Cutie Mark is Magic! Can't top that.

She has the best color scheme.

She has an assistant and thus already getting started to commanding others around, she is the best nominee for the next ruling Monarch.

Edited by Neikos the Omniscient
  • Brohoof 13

post-20-0-23891400-1353452344.png

Name: Pinkie Pie

Species: Earth Pony

Highlight Episode: Too manny Pinkie Pies

Why you think this is best pony: She has an amazing singing voice. Can be super cute. Is able to break physics and the 4th wall. Has an amazing backstory. Her goal is to make everypony smile. Pure insanity not to love her.

post-20-0-23891400-1353452344.png

Edited by Brushie RaccoonBL
  • Brohoof 9

Posted Image

Rarity

Species: Unicorn

Highlight Episode: Suited for Success

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkuDOm6AyDs

Why you think this is best pony: Rarity is Ponyville's, if not Equestria's, greatest fashionista. She can whip up amazing outfits like no one has ever seen. Not to mention she's cute, funny, beautiful, and generous, and always looks out for her friends. A vote for Rarity is a vote for style. ;)

Edited by SBB64
  • Brohoof 5

Well since Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle and Granny Smith already are put up here I'll have to chose..

Name: Cheerilee

Species: Earthpony

Highlight Episode: Hearts And Hooves Day

Why you think this is best pony: I dont, but Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle and Granny Smith were already chosen C:

But Cheerilee is very kind and sometimes funny. I like kind ponies :3

..I can nominate two more right?

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 3

Picture:Posted Image

Name: Rainbow Dash

Species: Pegasus

Highlight Episode: Sonic Rainboom

Why She is Best Pony: She is the embodiment of freedom and the dreamer. She will always be there for her friends and is coolness, awesomeness and radicalness ponified. She is also surprisingly adorable and brings a unique personality to the show. I can and have said more, but this is enough for now.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 6

post-9739-0-08858100-1353459475.png

Name: Luna

Species: Alicorn

Highlight Episode: Luna Eclipsed

Why you think this is best pony: I just like everything about her. From her awesome look/mane to the way she acts, which can be quite varied. Even though she hasn't been seen a great deal, we can see her progression. She's also mysterious. Who doesn't like a mysterious person. Oh, she also has power over the flipping moon.

Side note: She's also pretty darn cute ^^

Edited by Turtle Power
  • Brohoof 3

post-4006-0-01415000-1353461624.png

Name: Discord

Species: Draconequus

Highlight Episode: The Return of Harmony Part One

Why you think this is best pony: Discord is known throughout the fanbase as the 'fan-favorite' villain, a title of which he's gained through his charismatic, witty and entertaining personality. He's also easily the most powerful character in the series, being able to bend reality itself with the mere snap of a finger. The Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony, Discord is a fun character to watch, but a serious problem to deal with, and he is the rightful heir to the throne of 'Best Pony' outside Dashie.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 8

Posted Image

Name: King Sombra

Highlight Episode: The Crystal Empire, parts 1 and 2

Why you think this is best pony: The ultimate master of dark magic, King Sombra single-hoofedly conquered and enslaved the entire Crystal Empire with hatred and fear. More of a dangerous entity now than a foe that was faced directly, Sombra took advantage of his shadowy form to spread dark magic like a plague as he closed in on the Crystal Empire after he and it returned from a 1000 year curse he himself put on it that made it all disappear. Though ultimitely defeated by the light and love of the Crystal Heart and ponies, there's no telling if or when he'll come back or if a part of him is still out there somewhere. He may not have said much, but really, the magnitude of his power and the devious traps and tricks he set in the Crystal Empire's castle speak for themselves. A vote for King Sombra is a vote for pure evil! :angry:

Edited by SBB64
  • Brohoof 3

post-761-0-67242300-1353491064.jpg

Name: Princess Cadance

Highlight Episode: Canterlot Wedding

Why you think this is best pony: My favorite pony is Rainbow Dash, but I also love Princess Cadance. I loved the season 2 finale, which she starred in. She is, in my opinion, the most beautiful princess in all of Equestria :3

Edited by RainbowDash92
  • Brohoof 2

I checked the last contest.

OMGISH. APPLEJACK WAS ELIMINATED LATER THAN...RAINBOW DASH AND DERPY???

THIS IS MY LIFE'S DREAM!

Posted Image

Arrgh, there's quite a shortage of good AJ profile pics out there, so I chose this one that I uploaded for the MLP wikia.

Sorry for the size.

Name: Applejack

Species: Cuddly doll Earth pony

Highlight Episode: Sisterhooves Social--yeah, I know, that's Rarity's episode, but Applejack shines quite prominently here.

Why you think this is best pony: Applejack is the most loyal and dependable friend one pony could have. She'll work herself to lengths to give to others, whether bucking apples or training hard for the next rodeo. She is quite honest and the best pony for getting advice from when having a problem. Although proud, she wouldn't brag up front and make others look bad. However, she could be quite uncouth and extremely competitive if the situation drives her so. But one could always count on Applejack, the most hard-working and reliable mare in Equestria!

Plus, she has that adorable accent and a Southern swag better than Rainbow Dash's. (Come at me bro)

• Brohoof 8

Name: Princess Celestia.

Highlight Episode: Welcome to Ponyville

Why you think this is best pony: She's the benevolent ruler of Equestria and made the country that nice place that it is now. She's beautiful, caring and the responsibility of the whole country lays in her hooves. She's over 1000 years old and has a lot of wisdom,experience and magic abilities. Show some love for our great princess Celestia and vote for her!

Edited by Wildcard
  • Brohoof 4

Here's another one I'm doing for my favorite background character.

Posted Image

Name: Roseluck

Highlight Episode: The Cutie Pox

Why you think this is best pony: Cute voice (as heard in the Cutie Pox). Roseluck and her best friends, Daisy and Lily, sell flowers in the flora shop right across from their home. Although easily frightened by various disasters that struck Ponyville, Rose is still loyal to her town and friends.

...yeah, couldn't say much. All above are canon, though.

Edited by Clarity
  • Brohoof 1

(Come at me bro)

Posted Image

--

Posted Image

Name: Applelie

Highlight Episode: The Return of Harmony Part Two

Why you think this is best pony: After the swag that is Discord came back to Equestria to once again wreak havoc on pony kind, Applejack was first to fall victim to his hater-conversion powers. As the fandom named her, 'Applelie' is the deceitful opposite of Applejack's honest personality. Her shifty eye movements upon each blatant lie became her trademark, and made her one of the more memorable of the Discorded Main Six.

• Brohoof 12

Posted Image

Name: Derpy Hooves

Highlight Episode: Friendship is Magic, Part 1 (or, if she's more than just a background pony, then The Last Roundup)

Why you think this is best pony: How many other ponies appear pretty much every episode without saying a word, and then creating an uproar when she finally did? And dem derp eyes are beyond beautiful. Also, muffins.

And because she needs to be part of the contest.

Edited by Aquila
  • Brohoof 1

Well, Rarity and Applejack are already done, so...

Posted Image

Name: Sweetie Belle

Highlight Episode: Sisterhooves Social

Why you think this is best pony: She's the best of the CMC and has a fabulous singing voice to rival Pinkie Pie's. Her relationship with her sister is a joy to see. Actually, just her appearances are. She always recieves the stinger to a joke, and has the best fandom reinterpretation of anypony (Sweetie Bot!).

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 6

The list has been updated! We're already at 19! However, lst year, I believe we had 32 contestants. Lets see if we can top that!

..I can nominate two more right?

Yup! Everypony gets three nominations, so use them wisely!

Posted Image

Name: Applelie

Highlight Episode: The Return of Harmony Part Two

Why you think this is best pony: After the swag that is Discord came back to Equestria to once again wreak havoc on pony kind, Applejack was first to fall victim to his hater-conversion powers. As the fandom named her, 'Applelie' is the deceitful opposite of Applejack's honest personality. Her shifty eye movements upon each blatant lie became her trademark, and made her one of the more memorable of the Discorded Main Six.

Well my my, this is actually a first for The Great Pony-Off! I don't believe we've ever had an alternate form of a pony enter the contest! I'm gonna have to consult with the judges to see if this is legal first. I'll get back with an answer when they've given a decision!

Spoiler alert: There is no panel it's just me deciding whether or not alt. pony forms are allowed

• Brohoof 1

I don't believe we've ever had an alternate form of a pony enter the contest! I'm gonna have to consult with the judges to see if this is legal first. I'll get back with an answer when they've given a decision!

Even if it doesn't, that's fine by me :P It'll have at least served it's initial purpose to poke fun at Clarity's post <3

And now, my third and last character I'll add.

--

post-4006-0-38081300-1353532639.png

Name: Spitfire

Highlight Episode: The Best Night Ever

Why you think this is best pony: Captain of the talented Wonderbolts, Spitfire is a pony who's mane, coat and eyes resemble the flickering flames of fire. Despite how little we've seen of her, we know she's a laid-back and mature individual who almost resembles what Rainbow Dash might look like if she were a bit more mature and less of a hot-head. In possession of a terrific voice actor as well, Spitfire has garnished a lot of fan attention, despite basically being a background pony with only a handful of lines so far.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 2

Posted Image

Species: World's greatest pony Pegasus

Highlight Episode: Read It and Weep

Why She is Best Pony: She's got an amazing personality. I relate to her the most, as I am confident, competitive, and sometimes too arrogant for my own good. She is the self-proclaimed best flyer in all of Equestria, and is adorable to boot.

Posted Image

Name: Crackle

Species: Dragon

Highlight Episode: Dragon Quest by just sitting there and being awesome

Why you think this is best pony: Crackle is best dragon because Crackle is the Derpy of dragons. No one has the conversation skills or beauty of Crackle. What a name too, Crackle. Good stuff.

• Brohoof 7

Since Pinkie Pie is taken, I think that this contest is in need for... DA MAGIKS!

Posted Image

Name: Photo Finish

Highlight Episode: Green isn't Your Color

Why you think this is best pony: She isn't. Pinkie Pie is my favorite, Surprise is my second. Photo Finish is my third favorite. She has an awesome taste in fashion, has awesome glasses, an awesome job, and an awesome accent. In short, she's simply awesome. SHE'S GOT DA MAGIKS!

• Brohoof 4

Posted Image

Species: World's greatest pony Pegasus

Highlight Episode: Read It and Weep

Why She is Best Pony: She's got an amazing personality. I relate to her the most, as I am confident, competitive, and sometimes too arrogant for my own good. She is the self-proclaimed best flyer in all of Equestria, and is adorable to boot.

Dash has actually already been entered by DashForever back on page one, near the beginning :3 You can check out the list in the first post; it's no longer 100% up to date due to these new posts, but it's helpful for avoiding duplications. You can edit your post to be a different character, though ^^

Posted Image

Name: Bloomberg

Species: Apple Tree

Highlight Episode: Over a Barrel

Why you think this is best pony: Bloomberg is a strong tree who gives his all in everything he does. Being raised to be strong by the Apple family allowed him to be able to survive the buffalo's assault on the train and live happily ever after in the Appleloosa orchard.

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 5

post-761-0-85785900-1353534889.jpg

Name: Big Macintosh

Highlight Episode: Hearts and Hooves Day

Why you think this is best pony: Big Macintosh is the most hard-working stallion in all of Ponyville. He is also an awesome big brother. Eeyup! :mellow:

post-761-0-85785900-1353534889.jpg

• Brohoof 3