Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Fountain RP

Miss Light Diamond

Link to OOC Topic: http://mlpforums.com/topic/38528-the-fountain-ooc/#entry909867

The sun was high in the sky as a fountain that had not worked in thousands of years slowly started to come to life. Water shot into the air knocking off all the vines that had grown over the fountain.

The fountain filled with water and began to bubble... Then, something strange happened... a suitcase flouted up out of the water followed by a shoe, they flouted around in the fountain peacefully until several colorful ponies broke the surface of the water and gasped for Air.

(OOC: Best Beginning EVER.)

At first there was nothing... but then, a small light came into sight. Flame swam as fast as he could he was running out of air and starting to panic. *I can make it, I can make it, I can.... Made it.* He thought breaking the surface and taking a big gulp of air.

His heart was beating the fastest it had ever beat in his life as he swam to the side of the fountain.

*Oh thank god... We could have drowned... that was a ba...WHAT THE HELL." He yelled, falling over the edge of the fountain staring at where his hands used to be. "H-Hooves ?"

He sat up and felt something pressing against his back. "W-Wings ?" He muttered staring at the pair of folded wings on his back. "Am I a... Did I turn... Am I a horse, Or a... Pegasus ?"

He looked around and noticed several others climbing from the fountain.

(OOC: Not the best grammar ever but im hungry... GIVE ME A BREAK. Also I am just going to refer to him as Flame. Unless he is saying his name... then I will say Seamus."

• Brohoof 2

Derek wasn't a good swimmer, he learned THAT lesson back in 6th grade. But at this point it was important. He opened his eyes and blew a bubble, which floated up. Obviosly he swam this way, and eventually reached the top. when he climbed out he noticed a wierd, Blue coloured horse, with wings on his back. As he ghasped for air, he asked this thing some questions.

"wh... who or what are you?" he said to the creature infront of him.

Edited by darklord260

Doug Finch was drowning. He'd never even been close to any water before, and he couldn't swim. Thrashing wildly, he tried to maneuver himself to the light, to the shard of pure white cutting through the gloom. Just a few more meters and I've made it. If only my lungs weren't bursting. Just in the nick of time, his head broke the surface of the water, ripples destroying the former calm, shattering the reflection of a perfect cloudless blue sky. He dragged himself to the edge of the fountain, heaved himself over the edge with the last of his strength, and then lay there, shivering. Wait a second, something's wrong here. A quick check can't hurt. Suddenly, Doug's gasp cut the stillness. Is that a... A hoof? What happened? Frantically looking over himself, he found that he now had four legs, each terminating in a hoof, in addition to a black coat and a glossy black-and-grey mane and tail. I look like some sort of a horse, maybe a pony? How the hell could that happen. The fountain. It cant be, though. Overcome by the shock, Doug promptly tries to stand up, and then winces, his spine curved in an excruciating angle. If I've gotta be a pony, then I'd better learn how. I suppose standing might be a good place to start. Doug now tries to stand on all fours, and with no response from his back, breathes a sigh of relief. The others. Are they the same way? He examines the clearing to find that everyone there seems to have been hit with the same ailment. A flash of black in the fountain catches his eye. My hat. I thought I'd lost it when I jumped in. Grabbing the hat in one hoof, he then slaps it on his head in a rakish angle. A flash of gold and scarlet from the plumes briefly waves across the fountain as Doug inspects himself. Not half bad, he smirks appreciatively. Now, back to business. Where are we even, anyway? He appears to be standing in a clearing in a forest. Trees thrust up on all sides, blocking his view of the sun. Birds are twittering on the branches, and a rabbit can be seen darting through the underbrush. A well-worn path snakes its way out, leading to paths unknown. Maybe one of the others knows more about this place than me. I'm totally in the dark. "Does any of you know where we are?" he asked, marveling at his changed voice.

(OOC: Mah OC uses the metric system. It's much better anyway.)

(OOC: Woah, I must be feeling poetic today. Where did all this flavor text come from?)

(OOC: Mah OC's a man/pony of few words. I'll try to make up on that with some good descriptive text ;))

(OOC: (Edit 50/79) And yes. 'Mah' is a better term than 'my'. It's even a whole -1 characters shorter.)

Edited by Rhain the Semi-Combustible

This is stupid, Gertrude thought as she looked into the fountain. There's no such thing as magic. Besides, what good will it do to start a new life? I'll just screw it up again. In the back of her mind she realized she had left her crutch at home. Oh well. It didn't really matter right now. She wasn't going anywhere fast. But as she looked into the fountain it seemed to draw nearer. She leaned closer for a better look and fell in.

Any moment now I'll hit my head on the bottom of the fountain. But the bottom never came. How deep could a fountain be? It was so surreal, feeling the water rushing over her body. But the surreality faded into pain as she felt her body making changes. No matter, she focused all her energy towards getting to the top. Her left leg was entirely useless as always and was an extra weight keeping her back from the world of air. Her lungs felt like they were ready to burst from pressure, but she finally hit the top. She looked around and found the wall and swam over to it, her eyes shut again to keep the water out. But she couldn't grab it for some reason. What was going on? She opened her eyes and was confused by the preasence of something that looked like... hooves? No matter, she couldn't get out. It felt like wet feathers were holding her down. She looked behind her to find a pair of wings on her back. That's it. She thought. This is a dream. I hit my head and I'll wake up with a concussion. "Help!" She shouted. "Somepony!" Somepony? Had she really just said that?

Gareck looked into the water and sighed, 'I guess this is it... goodbye Chris....' and with that he jumped into the water, hoping for a better life on the other side. As he emerged he noticed that there were... horses? But they looked strangely cartoony, and kind of small for a horse... ponies? "You're kidding me... I gave up my family for a world of colourful cartoony ponies? Well that wasn't worth it, even if it was free!" he thought out loud. He climbed out of the fountain and as he was climbing he noticed that his own hands had turned into hoofs, "Oh, well that just makes everything better, I'M ONE AS WELL"

The now purple coated black mane'd unicorn shakily stood on the dirt road, leading to who knows where. "I assume you are all from earth as well... Where do you think we are?"

" 'come with us' he said, 'it'd be great' he said. well Bullocks the lot of it!" June was clearly unhappy with this day, and it wasnt helped with the fact that now, she was drowning. She continued to swim down, or up the fountain. as she gradually reached the surface, she saw 5 shadowy figures, and as the light became brighter, June realised that her hands were different.

they wern't hands.

slowly, her anger became panic. she reached the top, and climbed out. looking at herself, she realised that it wasnt JUST her hands that had been deformed, she could no longer stand upright, and she had appeared to grew wings (OOC: great grammer eh?). worried she got onto her all fours, and looked at the other 5 cartoon horses. No, to small for horses, ponies perhaps?. she could not say much but simply let out, "Alright, which one of you is Derek?"

Seamus stared at the pony who had addressed him. "I...Uh...I durda." He was at a loss for words. *Wait... Why does he have a horn... and I have wings.* He thought, Putting his hoof on the side of the fountain and pushing himself up but tripping on his jacket and falling back to the ground.

"I think the real question is... What happened...to us... Is that Derek ?" He asked, This time standing up on all fours, But making sure not to slip on his jacket... again.

"I...Uh...I durda. I think the real question is... What happened...to us... Is that Derek ?"

(OOC: just bringing in an idea, makes conversating easier)

"Yes! it's me Derek! where are the others, and what happened to my fedora?" Derek asked. Just as he did, another pony rose up, with a green coat and wings. Her hair looked like it had been dragged through a bush backwards, and was streaked yellow and blue.

"which one of you is Derek?" she asked the two.

"uhh, i am, i guess. wait, june?! you made it?" Just before he got a reply, the green pony slapped him. "thats what you get for taking me with you" she said. her voice sounded mad, but in her face there was relief.

Inwardly Gertrude groaned in frustration. While these strange creatures argued about which one Derek was she was drowning. Looks like it was time to try to figure things out for herself. Tentatively she unfolded her wings and rested them on the outside of the fountain. Using her front hooves she pulled herself out of the water and landed spluttering on the grass beneath. She spat the grass out. "You could have lent a hand you know." She grumbled.

."I have no idea where we are Doug." He said as Gertrude climbed out of the fountain. "Oh... Im sorry." He said, Shakily walking over and helping her up. "Is that... Gertrude ?" He asked. "Ok... Doug you were the one leading the trip... What do you think we should do ? Personally... I think we should try to gather as many of our belongings as we can and then... follow this path ?"

Pixie looked around seeing a forest not to different from home.She put a hoof to her head, before her eyes widened. hooves?! What?! panicking she looked down. Patting her self down with one hoof she horse? Pony? wings?! she gasped. Turquoise? good colour! she pulled on her mane. green?! Green?! she sighed.She looked around and saw more ponies, her nervous kicked in she was glad she had said nothing.

Edited by Midnightive

"You could have lent a hand you know."

"oops, sorry didnt see you there" Derek gave them his hoof to help them up. "so you have wings this time eh? well then, which party member are you? its so hard to tell wehen evryones a cartoon colourfull pony with either wings or a horn on there head." Derek checks the fountain for his fedora " ah there it is" he says, pulling it out and rinsing it.

Rubeous retreated from the fountain, only to realize that he had 4 legs in stead of two. He kept calm and glanced down, only to find he had hooves instead of feet. Experimenting with the different parts of his body, he came across his horn, and as it seemed, he must have been some kind of magical pony, where a few other ponies around him were either powerless or had an aerobic advantage. Instead of trying to use his magic, as he already had experience on how to use it, he took in his surroundings. A lush, white fountain covered in a peaceful looking moss stood in front of him, but little else was around him. His mouth barely twitched into a frown, as this was very unlike his usual home. Home, if he could call it that. He took shelter there, but other than that, he roamed freely, scaring whoever he chose, whenever he felt like it. Very peculiar, such a place like this, not scarred by the horrific horrors of mankind. I wonder if that even contains the proper etiquette of grammar. He sub-consciously touched his ring, completely aware of it, before stealthily moving forward to one of the other ponies. "Well hello there, fine fellows. Good day, aye?"

(RP started, fuuuuuuu- okay okay, no problem, time to improvise)

Sugar Rush's nap was interrupted by several speaking, she groaned as she rolled into her back and stood lazily on the cloud. She yawned as she rubbed her eyes "What's going on down there?" she asked herself as her view slowly fixed on the ponies below,*wait, are they-* she turned her gaze from the ponies on the fountain to those on the floor, "-what are they doing?" She finished the rest of her thought, louder than she meant, more confused than before, she hoped none over-heard her. *I should get out of here, don't want them to spot me*

• Brohoof 1

Flame was just about to speak when he heard a faint noise coming from... the sky ? "Who said that ?" He thought, look up to see a pony standing on a cloud staring down at them. "H-Hey You. He called, gesturing for the pony to come down. "How did he...er she get up there in the first place ?" He then noticed the wings on her back. "Well duh."

After rinsing out his fedora then poking a hole in it where his horn should be, Derek noticed something odd.

" hey uh june" he said

"What?"

"whats that mark on your Backside?"

June looked worried, "what mark" she turned and turned, untill notecing an image of static electricity, engraved on her flank.

"what the hell is that" she screamed aloud.

Sugar Rush closed her eyes tightly as the pony below called her *ugh, this is what I get for not flying away fast enough, now he's probably gonna ask why I'm spying them* she thought as she flew towards him. She landed gracefully on the ground "uhh... hiya, my name is Sugar Rush, I don't think I've met you around town before, you new?" she asked hoping this would distract him from how she was listening to their conversations.

Derek couldn't help but to see this new pony arrive and hear her say her name "woa woa woa" he said "lemmie get this straight, your name is "Sugar rush?" Derek couldent help but to burst out laughing "What kind of name is sugar rush? thats not a goddam name, thats something kids get when they drink too much coke!"

Pixie blinked at the ponies that stood around looking around, "guys guys? Whats going on?" she said speaking up. Her checks turned a bright red, she shouldn't of said anything stupid... stupid. Her heard fell into her belly heavy, what is with the silence? Have I spoken out of turn She looked at the pony Derek wasn't it? "That's rude we don't know how any of this life works!" she said annoyed.

Edited by Midnightive

As the pony beckoned him closer, as he was a few meters away, he moved closer to the tightly compact group. Ominously, which was deliberate, of course, he said, "Greeting, my friends. Enjoy being turned into a different creature other than human? I wonder, who is the trickster here? You? Perhaps you," he said, pointing at Derek and Flame, respectively. He took up a stance as if about to charge and grasp one of them to accuse them.

(OOC: Darklord we dont have our cutie marks yet ;) )

"Sugar Rush eh ? My name is...Seamus. And um... Well we kinda arrive from far away...very far away... What is this place ?" He asked, Slipping on his jacket for the second time. "And... Why arent you waring clothes ?" He asked, Only just realizing that she was naked

"That's rude we don't know how any of this life works!"

"Oh i see, well let me tell you the couple of days. im told by a bunch of my friends that there is a 'magical fountain that will give us a chance for a new life.' In fact the ONLY reason i came for the trip was to laugh at your faces when i was right, that there was NO fountain and that it was a waste of time, in fact that was th eonly reason why I invited JUNE for the ride, so i could laugh at how wrong they were!"

Pixie coughed and rolled her eyes. Though shy, she hate bad manners as would point it out to someone with a drop of a hat. Her ears twitched and looked at body. She was naked, oh no? Where did my clothes go? now i look like an idiot, with no clothes and stuck up person! Pony? no time to think about this now she ran over to the pile of clothes that happened to be hers. She heard a crying from the clothes and thought she was going insane. Maybe this place is magical?! Well i do have wings she thought.

She dug around with her hoof to find a crying baby colt. HARRY?! she thought in shock. She tried to pick him up with her hoof and blushed, what was she going to do he couldn't walk could he? But to her surprise he got up and walked over to her crying into her leg. She looked at the brown unicorn with green hair. I have a unicorn baby? That's knew i guess then again i guess my hooves are new too!

(OOC: sorry i forgot you wanted Harry to be here)

Edited by Midnightive

Sugar Rush smirked at Derek she was about to respond with a comeback, before the blue colt spoke up she instantly blushed at the question as she took a couple of steps back "well, uhh..." she rolled her eyes up before returning her gaze back to him "Are you from Canterlot or somethin?" she asked confused "as far as I'm concerned Canterlot folk are constantly wearing their attire" *Just ignore them, they're probably trying to play some sort of prank on you, they don't even know where they're at, don't be too gullible* she thought regaining her proper posture "Listen, ya'll seem really nice and all, but I gotta go"

Gertrude brushed off the others' apologies and said, "Oh, I'm not really from any particular party. I'm kind of striking out on my own."

She looked at the, erm, apparantly nudist newcomer out of the corner of her eye. "What are you? Well, for that matter what are we? Where are our clothes? Harry's fedora came back, so where's my shirt?"