Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Fountain RP

Miss Light Diamond

Arcane nodded in an understanding way, "I uh... I am from a country very far from here, and I might be staying here permanently. Where I am from, all the unicorns have forgotten how to use their magic, so I never learned... I was kinda hoping you would give me some lessons, well I mean, if you have the time to do so" He was having a slightly hard time speaking to her, a symptom of something you might call a childish crush, it was hard to resist checking her out, even her voice itself was amazing, but it wasn't time to get enveloped in such a thing, he was here to learn about magic.

Edited by Ponyworld Destroyer

"changing our names?" June looked confused, "Why would I need to? I'm named after a month, surley you have a month named June right?" She sighed. "well i feel im going to be good with my wings, and people have always said that im like eectricity. Good in some situations, but bad in others soo, call me Electro Dash!" She said, posing as if she was on tv.

Rubeous, lost in the rumble, observed as the ponies referred to each other in happy sounding names made up of verbs, adjectives and nouns. Realizing that he might be classified as strange in this world, he considered a few possibilities. At first, his mind zipped to the name 'Ruby Pain', but that would scare the other ponies. Racking his brain for a few other possibilities, he stuck to Shadow Flame. It was, after all, quite a fitting name. I already know how to handle magic, so what's next?

Descant chuckled. "Electro Dash, huh?" He takes a step back to examine her for a moment. "Good choice. The name fits you well."

After smiling briefly at her, Descant gestures for the others to follow, and, after turning a corner, sets eye upon the library. Through a window he could see two silhouettes. One of them he could tell belonged to Twilight Sparkle, but the other belonged to somepony whose form he didn't recognise. "Is that Arcane?" Descant asked the others.

Edited by Descant

Electro dash looked at the window with the two figures. "I think so." She replied "But whoever it is they never told me!" Electro dash yawned. she looked to her left, and could see the moon rising at the same time the sun was setting. What she also noticed, was a faint blue glow around it. "uhh, anybody else see that blue glow around the moon?"

Descant looks at the moon, and replies in a slightly surprised tone, "Yeah, that'd be Princess Luna raising the moon into the sky, as usual. Everypony knows she and her sister, Princess Celestia, control the movement of the moon and the sun!"

Descant pauses to think for a moment. He says, "I guess I didn't realize how unfamiliar you all are with how things in Equestria are..."

Electro Dash looked at descant with a twinkle in her eyes, "Even the days are governed by magic?" she looked around, before yelling "THIS WORLD IS AMAZING!!!! the econemy, the people, the intelligence and abilities of the ponies! are we allowed to eat the grass too?!"

"Well, how could the sun and moon possibly move WITHOUT magic?" Descant asked. The concept was mindblowing!

"... And I suppose you could eat the grass...although I'm not sure why you would want to... " Descant couldn't help but smile at Electro Dash's unrestrained enthusiasm and excitement.

Edited by Descant

"On our planet, They work using the gravitational pull of the earth... well the moon does at least. The moon orbits around the earth and the earth orbits around the sun. It all comes down to gravity and mass and all that stuff." He said, smiling at Descant as they neared the library "And June... I mean Electro, Other ponies around here walk on the grass soooo you would be eating the dirt from their fee-Hooves."

"So... Hold on a moment. If that's true... You're saying the moon and the sun can be in the sky at the same time?" Descant could hardly believe it. "No wonder you left. It must be confusing for it to be night and day at the same time like that." Shaking his head and chuckling softly, Descant looks at the others and says, "We're here."

"Hmm I don't recall knowing that spell" she said as she turned and tapped her chin "Spike, fetch me the Wonders of Flight book, I think I might find something....." She said looking up to the roof of the library "Sure thing Twi" he responded eagerly, as he searched for the book. Only a couple of seconds later, he returned trotting up with the book. she levitated it off of his grasp as she flipped the pages with her telekinesis.

Electro Dash looked at seamus, or flame as he wanted to be called "well if you think that would be bad, then where do you think they got the flowers for that sandwich i saw you eating, eh?" Electro was just playing with him. they probably had a private patch to grow their flowers.

Flame smiled at Electro Dash and knocked on the door of the library. "Hello ? Twilight, Arcane ?" He asked, slowly pushing open the door and trotting in to see twilight flipping threw a book and Arcane waiting patently. "Um...What are you guys doing ?" He asked.

Following Flame though the open door, Descant dips his head slightly, half mumbling a greeting to Twilight. Then, directing his attention to the pony Twilight had been speaking with when they came in, Descant says, "Hello, Arcane. We've been looking all over for you."

"Aha!" she said after finding the required page, she looked up to see the other ponies "Oh, hello Descant, you know these ponies?" she asked levitating the opened book towards them. "The spell is right here, although it seems awfully complicated, do you guys need any help with it?" she offered them.

"My name is Seaaaa..... Flame Dancer." He said, saying the first things that came to mind. "UUUUMMMM.... What does the spell do ?". He asked, trying to change the subject.

(OOC: So... No spell's that will make us automatically know how to fly and use magic... the fun part is learning how.)

Shuffling his hooves slightly, Descant looks back at Twilight. "I guess I know them. I mean-" -more hoof shuffling- "-I only just met most of them today. I've been giving them a bit of a tour. They're not from around here, you see." Noticing where Twilight was looking, he goes on. "Oh, yeah, and these are ..." He pauses to remember..."Flame Dancer and..." another pause..."Electro Dash." Almost forgetting somepony lurking at the back of the group, Descant pauses again, to add... "Dusk Storm."

After taking a brief glance at the spell Twilight presented, Descant flinched slightly. "You were right. That is a really complicated spell. I don't suppose you'd be able to help me with this? I think that most everypony in my tour group wanted to visit one of the flying cities, and none of us are quite powerful enough to cast that ourselves, let alone than on more than one pony. It doesn't even have to be that exact spell. We'd be more than happy if you could teach us simpler spells that let us visit Cloudsdale.

(OOC: I actually had forgotten Dusk Storm. I thought she stayed at the house for some reason.)

Edited by Descant

Arcane had been addressed by the lavender pony, but she didn't seem to care about him afterwards. "Um..." he awkwardly said, he followed them inside and sat down near the wall. He didn't know what to do or if the purple pony was going to fix his problem, he wasn't exactly paying attention since she wasn't addressing him about the matter.

June could see some tension between Descant and twilight, but her question was, should she help? This was why she chose the name electro. She could either help the two and make then friends agin, or screw it up for the both of them. She turned to the pony sitting by the wall, then turned to flame dancer and gave a *Think we should help them?* look.

(OOC: Ponyworld Destroyer gave me permission to use Arcane for this post.)

"Bad timing?"

Arcane jumped, and looked around. He could not find the source of the voice. No one else reacted to the voice. Was he hearing things?

"Calm down, you'll draw attention to yourself. No one else can hear our conversation. It's Arcane, right? I ask again, what's wrong? Did I interrupt something important?"

Arcane scanned the group of ponies, and discovered that the lavender pony was looking at him intently, with intelligent green eyes.

"Yep. You found me. The name's Descant."

Hesitating slightly, Arcane saw that Descant's horn was enveloped in a soft maroon glow. "You can use magic as well?" Arcane said out loud, then marveled for a moment how Descant could hear his voice, but no one else could, himself included. "I thought she..."

He trailed off, glancing at the purple pony out of the corner of his eye.

"Yeah, Twilight may be the best at using magic, but she's not the only one who can." Descant sounded slightly irritated. "It's been decided, you're staying at my place with everyone else until you can all take care of yourselves." The glow around Descant's horn ceased, and he returned his attention to Twilight. Arcane took this as a sign that their silent conversation was over.

Edited by Descant

(OOC: Don't really fix her, she's setting herself up for dissapointment ;) )

Dusk Storm stayed silent as she walked behind her newfound friends. She didn't really have anything to say and she was beginning to feel shy again. She hated it, but with all the new changes and adapting to having a different body but still have a lame leg was beginning to take a toll. She looked down to find that her left front leg was dragging and her hoof was chipping from hitting the rocks. It didn't really matter, she couldn't feel it anyway. But still... "Excuse me," She addressed the purple unicorn. "Is there a spell to heal a crippled leg?"

"Oh.....uhh..... well" she flipped the pages in the book while still levitating it "Page 239, bottom, there'll be the cloud walking spell" she said fixing her eyes on the page "....and page 76-" Twilight stopped to look at the other pony's leg, "Well you could of gone to Nurse RedHeart's, but...." she levitated a red book from the shelf, and levitated it in front of her, "There seems to be a spell for nearly anything today" she said chuckling as she looked for the page, she stopped to read something, and she fixed her horn and aimed at her leg, before a ray shot straight towards it. "I hope that did the job" she said proudly, before she turned back to the ponies "....as for the page.... It's just a simple levitation spell, in case there's some sort of accident"

Flame Shrugged his shoulders at June. "Um... Maybe we should get back and sleep... For tomorrow. Thank you for the spell's Twilight."

He said, trotting towards the door.

(OOC: Ok, It is time for day two.)

As Fluttershy trotted out of her cottage she realized the sun was just setting. "I dont want to be walking home it the dark." She thought, turning around and going back inside.

Just before She walked out of the library, Electro Dash turned back to twilight. "oh by the way, how do you use magic? is it like something to do with concentrating when you start? it's just that my friend has had a ... unicorn child and She wants to know. thats all."

Descant takes a moment to memorize the spells that Twilight had shown him. "Thanks, Twilight," he said. "I owe you one!"

Stepping outside, Descant, cheerful because nothing had gone wrong, and that he had gotten the spells previously denied to him, takes a head count to make sure everyone is coming, and says, "Follow me, everypony!" and starts trotting off down the lane.

Edited by Descant