• Yes: Irish
    • Yes: Russian
    • Yes: Other
    • No, I Do Not Have An Accent
  2. 2. Do You Have A Speech Impediment?

• Yes: I Can't Say R's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say S's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say TH's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Have A Speech Impediment Like Spagatta Nadle. I Sometimes Switch The Vowel In A Word With A Different Vowel
    • Yes: Other
    • No, I Do Not Have A Speech Impediment
  3. 3. Do You Often Digress With Conversations?

• Yes: I Usually Can't Stay On Topic
    • Kind Of: Sometimes I Digress, But Sometimes I Don't
    • No: I Never Go Off Topic No Matter What The Case

I have a mix of western accents I picked up by constantly watching American cartoons when I was a toddler growing up but no definite one that sticks. Since I am of Filipino-Chinese descent living in the Philippines.Tagalog being the dominant language here no one really notices the distinction.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not really sure what accent I speak with. I'm fairly soft spoken so some harsher sounding words come out more softer than they probably should.

I used to have a speach impediment when I was young with 2 specific words. I couldn't say the words "yellow" or "world." My parents only knew about the yellow issue, I trained myself to say world properly. I always said "ye-yow" and "wh-aehl-d." I know the world one looks odd, I don't know how to describe it. It's a pronunciation that doesn't exist in the english language.

As for digressions, I'm fairly prone to them. I'll be giving a presentation, start talking off the cuff and the next thing I know, I've covered a few things that are on a future slide. I'm not quite as bad in conversations; in serious discussions for instance, I always stay on topic. In personal conversations, I may change topics more suddenly.

• Brohoof 1

I can speak in a Japanese and Russian accent and I can make myself sometimes do a British accent. I am a quarter Russian and 1/8th Japanese and those are the only reasons I can do it. I can also make my Russian accent seem more realistic by rolling my Rs. I can also have no accent when I want. My speech impediment is stuttering A LOT. I should just quit talking..

• Brohoof 1

I sometimes sound like a Pittsburgher, which means I might mumble, ramble, and slur words. This might make me sound like a boring person, but otherwise I sound like someone form the U.S.

• Brohoof 1

In an effort to remove my accent and talk in as clear and nearly mechanical voice as possible so as to be understandable, my voice tends to become way too deep, but that mostly tends to happen over voice chat.

• Brohoof 1

I stutter occasionally or totally screw up a sentence and have to start over, happens especially when I'm nervous.

I don't have an accent, but I do go off topic quite a bit, or say something totally random that seems to almost have nothing to do with the main subject.

• Brohoof 1

I have an accent that I'm told partly retains "Russain-ness" but more gentle

Also most of my R's are rolled even in English (if you talked to me you pick this up fairly quick)

I never learned how to unroll

I have no accent, but I can't normally say S's or R's right, plus the fact that I tend to stray off topic a lot. Maybe I should just stop talking.

Everyone has an accent btw

Edited by ARagY
  • Brohoof 1

For whatever reason, many say i have no Accent. Well, since i was born in iran and stayed there for a year, then moved to Sweden for the rest of my current life, im actually surprised none of that stuck with me. Oh, and i apparently speak fast as a bullet, making me have to repeat everything i say to whatever person i was speaking to. 

Edited by Lord Bradley
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

No to all of them, since I never talk~ x3 I don't really seem to have an accent, but I feel like I've got a speech impediment of some sort which I've yet to identify. When I'm talking, I very rarely digress, and just stick to what whoever's leading the conversation is talking about.

• Brohoof 1

I usually have correct pronunciations. I am from Iceland and most Icelanders are known to talk English with a very thick Icelandic accent. However, I don't, I don't know what I would qualify as. 

I have inadvertent accents in that I assimilate the speech patterns and accentual patterns of anyone I am talking to. Example: I have spoken to Australians, and started to sound Australian. I can't help it either. .-. I also very commonly slur speech.

People sense a little american and german accent. Which is somewhat true, since i do go into that sometimes. When i'm reading aloud, it seems to kick in. I don't have a speech impediment, or go off topic unless someone changes it. The german accent i seem to have picked up from my uncle, but i don't use it cause it almost sounds fake. 

I guess i'm so used to my english.

I have a really thick Scottish accent (Not the fakeass accent from braveheart) and people can't understand a thing I say unless I talk in a less harsh manner  :lol: Quite entertaining.

• Brohoof 2

I usually don't have an accent, well I try to not have one, I tend to speak in a strong English accent sometimes, but I do not realize I am doing it until I get laughed at. I also speak in an Irish accent when I speak to myself (reason unknown) it can be annoying when people hear me though ...

I also stutter occasionally. ... and trust me that can be embarrassing. :(

But I'm OK with my accent(s)

• 3 weeks later...

I have a weird accent.

Everyone in Northern Ireland has such a thick accent but I don't even know what mine is or why I have it.

It sounds like an American accent mixed with a British accent...weird I know XD

Nah I don't really have an accent. People tell me I sound like I came from the hood, which is partially true since I grew up around there. 

(edited)

I occassionally mess up on a word when I talk (due to my anxiety). My voice ranges from low to high pitch which depends on my mood. I talk pretty fast and sometimes stick my words together. I guess you could say I have a northeastern American accent (not Boston accent).

Nah I don't really have an accent. People tell me I sound like I came from the hood, which is partially true since I grew up around there.

Everyone has a accent. Even Americans have accents, contrary to popular belief.

Edited by Sommar
  • Brohoof 2

I've a pretty neutral voice, nowhere near as heavy as the average Irish accent. Wouldn't want it anyway, I can't stand the Dublin accent... :wat:

I'm generally close to being in the belt that doesn't have have an accent, but I do have one after focusing on my speech and realizing the different nuances of it. I have an Ohioan accent (though it isn't perfectly restricted to Ohio nor is it all through Ohio). But here are a few things that I've noticed upon analyzing my speech. I say "Boddle" instead of "Bottle" (T's become D's), "Chriangle (-ch sound like in touch) instead of "Triangle", and then the names of places that have t's in the middle of their names "Canton" and "Dayton" will be pronounced "Can'un" and "Day'un" with a guttoral stop where the "T" should be. So basically, the people around me will say Canton in the same amount of time as someone pronouncing it correctly, but they will not make the "t" sound when saying it.

A few personal speech mistakes I have had and some I still have. I say "Mize as well" instead of "Might as well", I thought it was a "Postal digger" not a "Post-Hole digger". I thought it was "Loftily Wedded Wife" not Lawfully Wedded Wife" and I'm sure I'm missing a few more things but beyond that, I have a pretty firm grasp on my language use and accent control.