How Do You Talk?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Have An Accent?

2. 2. Do You Have A Speech Impediment?

• Yes: I Can't Say R's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say S's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say TH's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Have A Speech Impediment Like Spagatta Nadle. I Sometimes Switch The Vowel In A Word With A Different Vowel
    • Yes: Other
    • No, I Do Not Have A Speech Impediment
  3. 3. Do You Often Digress With Conversations?

• Yes: I Usually Can't Stay On Topic
    • Kind Of: Sometimes I Digress, But Sometimes I Don't
    • No: I Never Go Off Topic No Matter What The Case

I talk how I type only with an slight accent. Expect I do have a habit of saying "ya know?" at the end of my sentence when I want to get my point across or rant. I would say “in’” instead of “ing” (goin’, wonderin’) and sometime say "ya" instead of "you" when talking depending how I use it. I also do not pronounce the "T".

And I think that's it...Idk I don't pay too close attention how I talk. It just comes and go.

(edited)

I talk with a slight southern accent, it comes out with particular words. For the most part I just got the plain midwestern accent no one ever notices. I'm kinda soft-spoken though and tend to talk rather slow, or at least that's what everyone tells me. I also talk gibberish and get tongue tied when I'm nervous or anxious or shy. :adorkable: 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

I would say I have an american accent. It matters when you're trying to speak in another language. 

For other americans I would say I guess I have a midwestern/chicagoan accent; however, when people hear that they probably think about that SNL skit when they speak really weird, but most people don't speak that way anymore. I will say we do say "da" instead of "the' but it's not that exaggerated. Chicago is a melting pot so everyone talks differently. It's pretty awesome.

I don't know what my accent is. If I even have one...

Accents are relative, so everyone has one, but many people aren’t able to differentiate their own from the “standard”.

I have somewhat of an Australian accent. I say somewhat, since it isn't particularly strong or noticeable. I don't like the sound of my voice, since I find it very irritating to listen to. 

I have a bit of an Australian accent, but English is my second language so it sounds a little wonky. :P

I have a boring American accent, but due to my grandma's accent I do pronounce some words a bit strangely. :adorkable:

I have a stuttering problem, but I'm working very hard to improve it!

And last but not least, because of my ADHD, I am absolutely horrible at staying on topic. :awwthanks:

I have an Australian accent and I used to enjoy sharing it but recently I’ve started to really hate the sound of my voice.

On 3/3/2020 at 6:15 AM, TheRockARooster said:

I have an Australian accent and I used to enjoy sharing it but recently I’ve started to really hate the sound of my voice.

Your accent sounds awesome! I love that Aussie sound. :sunbutt:

Just now, Dreambiscuit said:

Your accent sounds awesome! I love that Aussie sound. :sunbutt:

Awwwww thank you.

I really wanna hear your voice. ^^

4 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

Awwwww thank you.

I really wanna hear your voice. ^^

I sound like a cartoon character. :rarity:

I'm English but the accent I have is probably not what people expect. Mine's kind of a mix of a few North West English accents.