• Yes: Irish
    • Yes: Russian
    • Yes: Other
    • No, I Do Not Have An Accent
  2. 2. Do You Have A Speech Impediment?

• Yes: I Can't Say R's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say S's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say TH's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Have A Speech Impediment Like Spagatta Nadle. I Sometimes Switch The Vowel In A Word With A Different Vowel
    • Yes: Other
    • No, I Do Not Have A Speech Impediment
  3. 3. Do You Often Digress With Conversations?

• Yes: I Usually Can't Stay On Topic
    • Kind Of: Sometimes I Digress, But Sometimes I Don't
    • No: I Never Go Off Topic No Matter What The Case

I have an accent that I don't know where its from, but it makes me sound pretty stupid though I'm not inherently dumb. I kinda hate my voice so I don't talk very much around strangers. 

I just have a normal northern US accent. It is rather plain, I would prefer to ether have a Scottish or Russian accent, they seem more  preeminent than the other accents for me.

• Brohoof 1

I don't have any pronounced accents, not even a Boston accent even though I live pretty close to Boston. If I have an opportunity to record myself talking and put it here I'll do that at some point.

I'm a Canadian who only uses the word eh in questions, and even then not all the time.

Geez damned Americans and their stupid stereotypes.

Why would you assume the stereotype is strictly American?

• Brohoof 1

I suppose I have a slight New Yorker accent (which is a bit different/less obnoxious than the New York City accent). I don't notice it, but apparently we pronounce things sort of nasally. Oh well!

Also... everyone has an accent. Even if you don't think you have one, you do. You just don't notice it because you've heard it every day of your life.

Edited by TheTEChguy27

I have a plain accent, nothing special, typical for south/central Indiana.  However, because of all the Top Gear that I watch, I now say "Hi-un-die" instead of "Hun-day."

My accent wanders. My mum and dad are from different parts of England, and I grew up in Ontario, Canada. I've had people tell me I sound Welsh, Scottish, and even Belgian on rare occasions. And I start to automatically adopt an accent if I'm talking to someone with one for over an hour or so. I have to concentrate to not do that.

• Brohoof 1

American... I live in California but I don't exactly have what you would call a "surfer accent". I may use the word "dude" but,  I don't use words like "gnarly".

Lame old 'Merican accent. Although sometimes I speak in a British or Russian accent, depending on how I feel and who I'm with at that specific point in time.

• Brohoof 1

I have a plain accent, nothing special, typical for south/central Indiana.  However, because of all the Top Gear that I watch, I now say "Hi-un-die" instead of "Hun-day."

I'm not an expert with korean but I do believe that is the correct way to pronounce it. pickle barrel kumquat pickle barrel kumquat pickle barrel kumqua tpickle barrel kumquat pickle barrel kumquat(100 chars? yay)

I love british and australian accents.... :D  So sexy...

I'm really not big on African accents, not because of the person but because of the way it sounds.  <_<

I lost most my afrikaans accent, I make it sound fake when I try to simulate it again. It was funny for me to see them in district 9. I still say fok instead of fuck on accusation. :P 

• Brohoof 1

Well being British I have a British accent. But mines a west mids accent (thankfully not Brummy or Dudley style)... or rather its not the accent thats wst mids but the things I say that give away the area I'm from.

Well, I do have that heavy Hispanic accent a lot of the Spanish speakers get when speaking English. Though, it only shows when I'm under stress or when I'm becoming self-conscious of myself. 

Coming from California, my accent is nothing special. But I do enjoy hearing other accents for some reason.

Team Fortress 2 for example, all 9 classes have distinct accents and voices I love listening to.

http://youtu.be/bzZ6GrRTgrM

Scout: Boston

Soldier: American

Pyro: ....Uh...

Engineer: Texan

Heavy: Russian

Demo: Scottish

Medic: German

Sniper: Australian

Spy: French.

• Brohoof 3

I'm a Northern Californian, so my accent is to say "hella" ad infinitum. XD

I can also pull off a decent 'valley girl' accent. For those of you who might be unfamiliar, that's the one that goes, "Like, um, oh my gosh! No way, that did, like, so totally just happen." To complete the picture, imagine hair twirling. XD It makes for a really ditzy appearance, so it's fun for me to do it sarcastically while telling someone they're wrong about something. XD

Also, because half of my friends are Mexican (or are Spanish speakers who grew up in an area of predominantly Mexican Spanish and therefore have that accent), that comes out in my speech, too.

HellahellahellahellahellahellaHELLA. XD

• Brohoof 1

I have a North London accent. I could be wrong, but I think that's the one most people associate with a typical "British" accent, At least it's the one people seem to try and put on the most when pretending to be British, only less... stereotypical?    :P

Well being British I have a British accent. But mines a west mids accent (thankfully not Brummy or Dudley style)... or rather its not the accent thats wst mids but the things I say that give away the area I'm from.

Am I the only person who finds a soft Brummy accent rather delightful? xD I have a bunch of Brummy friends, a couple of which have a soft accent, and It's amazing when they complain about stuff.  ^_^

Edited by Hansel

I just have a regular, bland old American accent. post-6675-0-99874200-1357553092.png

HOWEVER! Whenever possible, I try to spice up mah energetic ramblings with random fake accents thrown in haphazardly. My favorite false accent to do is British, especially when lifting an imaginary monocle to my eye and saying, "quite." :3

Still, I have to be careful not to fake a British accent around my British friend xD

• Brohoof 1

I don't have an accent.  It's the rest of the world that talks funny.  :lol:

Actually, people from California have told me I have an accent.  They do to, but it's not the stereotypical surfer dude or valley girl.  It's more subtle than that.  There are some pretty hard New York and Boston accents out there but subtle variations of that exist too. 

One more thing.  The whole time he was alive, I never noticed my grandfather's accent.  But when I met his relatives at his funeral, I saw that he did have one, a peculiar accent native to upstate Pennsylvania. 

Canadians have an accent too, but they don't say "eh" and "aboot"...most of the time. 

Different accents and dialects have always fascinated me for some reason I can't explain, so I've learned how to do some:

-A kind of clean Russian accent

-A North London, Central London, or Southeast coast (Canterbury area) British accent

-A somewhat sharp Australian accent that I think MAY resemble that of someone from Melbourne.

-Several Variations of German accents

-A kind of South Oklahoma dialect.

-A kind of "general" NE US (more or less Detroit or Bronx-like) dialect.

-Among several other things.

I have a generally American accent, although I pronounce certain words differently. Many people with an American accent pronounce water 'wader', but I say water. Same goes with any other word, I pronounce it like how it's read. However when I talk sometimes a British/Scottish-esque accent enters my speech. I can also speak in a Chinese accent (being of Asian decent this comes easy) and a British accent, somewhat.