Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

writing Equestria

Finesthour

This is not a poem, but a collection of thoughts.

The world of harmony.

I wish I could go there.

Many of us say that we do.

But I truly want to.

This world has done nothing but hurt me.

It is true that there is a small percantage that has made my life bearable.

But the fact of the matter is-

I feel as if I do not belong here.

I want to be in the land of happiness.

The land where few are discriminated.

Now it is true that discrimination exists in Equestria, but the fact is, I do not care.

For the people who are discriminated are still welcomed where they live.

I want to be in the land of love with all of my heart.

The land where you are loved for doing the simplest of things.

You can just welcome someone with a smile and know it comes appreciated.

Why must the world we live in produce such hate.

Why do the haters do what they do?

If they do not like the show, why try to fuck with us?

What have we ever done to anger them so much?

Everyone has that thing about them that someone else does not like.

But why should you act upon that.

Which brings me to the next reason I want to be in Equestria.

No one is judged by their appearance.

Now don't get me wrong, I know Zecora was judged.

But in real life, if you look different, people avoid you completely.

In Equestria, ponies will eventualy try to talk to you.

Why can't we have that love in the world?

Why must our actions be judged so harshly?

The land of love and harmony is where I want to be.

I wish to truly be happy.

But... that wish will never come true.

Edited by Finesthour

This is not a poem, but a collection of thoughts.

Great poem :D

Don't mean to be a spelling nazi or anything, but that typo on the second to last line sorta distracted me a bit :S

I said it is not a poem.

._.

I said it is not a poem.

._.

Oh but on the contrary it is a poem.

A poem is a collection of thoughts in an alternative form.

There are many different kinds of poetry. This one falls under freeverse/freeform due to it having no structure at all.

But it if makes you feel more comfortable I will stop calling it a poem.

[Warning: A bit of a rant]

I wish our world could be more like Equestria... not in the colorful Pony sense (though I'd NEVER argue against it :P) but in the way you described above. We live in a society based upon hate and greed. It is not necessarily anyone's fault. It is just human nature for us to dominate one another. It is natural selection at work trying the weed out the weak, kill them off with no offspring so their undesirable traits don't get moved on in the next generation. It is a system that has run nature forever.

But we as humans don't exactly go after the buck that wins the most antler fights. Some times we go for the loser of the fight. Humans seem to be the exception to normal animal natural selection. Instead we focus more on their personality.

Unfortunately, humans have evolved to go after cruel and insensitive people because they show a display of dominance... well at least that's how people would see it on a simplistic level. Certainly the lonely brony who get's beat up by the school bully looks like he won and get's the girl... but in the end he really doesn't win. Eventually this facade of dominance gives way to him being just an awful person who will cheat his way through the tough situations. The Brony on the other hand dusts himself off and comes here to hundreds of like minded people who would sympathize with him. In the end the bully is alone since he treated everyone who loved him like trash. The Brony treats everyone who loved him like family!

At least this is how I see it. The Brony is never really alone since he will always have friends on sites like these!

That's one thing I like about these days is that you don't have to be friends with the people around you, instead you can have hundreds of friends across the globe!

I still wish we as humans could change the way we see dominance. I wish most people were smart enough to see through the simplistic short-term dominance of the Bully. Going for the strong buck is a primitive exercise that I figured humans evolved away from, but alas we are still chimps and not the intellectual species we are supposed to be! I wish people would gravitate more to the Brony Love and Tolerance type thing because that is something worth fighting for, something that should shape the evolution of our fucking species!

/rant

• Brohoof 1

You must realize, as Shank said, that this world is what you make of it. I used to have severe depression until i made a realization that pony is not a race, but a state of MIND. Spread happiness wherever you go and the world around you will seem like a much better place!

• Brohoof 2

You must realize, as Shank said, that this world is what you make of it. I used to have severe depression until i made a realization that pony is not a race, but a state of MIND. Spread happiness wherever you go and the world around you will seem like a much better place!

I wish more people could realize this. Most people will hate the Brony because he likes a show about horses made for 4-12 year old girls. Once again, that's a VERY simplistic way of looking at things! Most people don't take the time to consider what being a Brony is all about. It is about girly ponies... aesthetically. We have chosen to use Ponies as our symbol for Love and Tolerance because they represent, like you said, a state of Mind, a better state of mind where one is happy to love and care for those around them. A happier human race that realizes that it is better to come together and love one another rather than to segregate and divide out of hatred!

...It just so happened that such a grand philosophy has stemmed out of cartoon show.

Yes, you can change your outlook on life, like some of the people in here have said (and i like to think i have somewhat recently) but it can be incredibly hard when you live in a house and a town full of spiteful human beings. I suffered from cronic depression in the past, and its took the best part of 3 years to 'rise above it'. Then i found ponies, and that is a state of mind!

But still, i really want to go to Equestria too. Nice writing Finest, got me thinking.

Edited by BronyPolo138

Nice collection of thoughts man. Again, it’s great how you can express your emotions so clearly through writing. I feel the same way to an extent, judging IRL can be quite harsh and it’s ridiculous how people screw with bronies for having an interest that isn’t mainstream. But I think it’s a reason that brought us all to enjoy the show so much, if our world was carefree I have a feeling that the shows contrasting joyful attitude wouldn’t be as interesting due to the fact that it would no longer contrast, or offer that fictional alternate reality anymore. That being said, of course it would be great if more people understood and stopped judging things at first glance, if more people just took a second to consider what they’re doing, a lot of problems could be averted...