Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Favorite Songs From The Show

Flutterguy1

.... Wow, you blew my mind :D

Well, I'm not the one who found it (some guy on ponychan did)

But yeah, it's pretty interesting ^^

Edited by Marshmallow

Well, I'm not the one who found it (some guy on ponychan did)

But yeah, it's pretty interesting ^^

Yeah but they guy on ponychan did not show me, you did.

So award goes to you :3

• Brohoof 1

Sweetie Belle's lullaby was stuck in my head for sooo long.

Hush, now! Quiet now! It's time to go to BEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAA-

Posted Image

Compare The King's Speech music

with the background music here

Also

The background music here

with

Man, I love all those musical references (and that's like the third Star Wars reference if I'm not mistaken! They must really love the movies^^ )

Anyway, in other words, the staff is awesome! :D

I didn't think anyone would post about this here! I was doing random Google searches last night and I found that thread on Ponychan, it had been dead since Sunday and I revived it. Haha

They clearly know how to make epic arrangements! Even the background music is by a full orchestra, not just stupid little jingles played over and over like most cartoons.

Actually... not really. Will Anderson doesn't have a real, live orchestra at his disposal; I believe most, if not all of the score is put together using pre-recorded samples.

Daniel Ingram made a similar comment on his Facebook page once, regarding his CMC theme - that the guitars and bass were recorded live and everything else in the song was sampled.

Art of the Dress, hands down for me. I adore the tune. Lyrics aren't that great for part one, but I find the theme of part two appealing.

You guys ever notice the additional vocals in that song on just a few of the lines? Look up the karaoke version of the song, and you'll hear a somewhat nasally sounding voice that was unable to be removed.

You will never be able to unhear it while listening to the normal song.

A song I don't like but which sticks in my head is Pinkie's "You've got to care, you've got to share" which nearly starts a war! I love "Over A Barrel" so I keep accidentally exposing myself to this....song

I've always considered Winter Wrap-Up to be the weakest of the three big songs, but I've only listened to it judgmentally for the first time today. Did you know that song has five choruses? FIVE! That's way too many.

'At the Gala' was the first pony song I heard, since 'the best night ever' was the first episode I watched.

I remember being wowed at the transition to Fluttershy's part. That still gets me. I went from 0% brony to at least 25% brony at that point.

After that I watched the episodes in a kind of haphazard order. I don't really remember liking any song as much as 'At the Gala'. Maybe 'Winter Wrap-Up'... Also, the Eurobeat Brony version is awesome...

seriously though, 'At the Gala' played a HUGE part in me liking MLP FiM at all.

It also reminded of my disastrous junior prom all those years ago... nostalgia/melancholy overload

weird though, because I had no context for any of the characters.... :huh:

Edited by planet news
  • Brohoof 1