Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Favorite Songs From The Show

Flutterguy1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey there, @Rebuilt_Dreams

There is actually already a fairly large thread in existance regarding the same topic under Show Discussion; where aspects of MLP:FiM are discussed. Thus, I have merged your thread with that one.

My favourite song comes from Legend of Everfree, "Embrace the Magic" although "A.C.A.D.E.C.A." comes in at a very close second.

• Brohoof 2

As short as it is, The Heart Carol has always been one of my favorites because it has a warm message to it and it's about Christmas which is always positive. The songs Hearth's Warming Eve Is Here Once Again and Pinkie's Present for the same Christmas reasons.

Make A Wish is also one of my favorites, it's such a catchy and cheerful song that it's almost impossible to listen to it and not to smile. It also reminds me about that I really enjoy attending others' birthdays. 

There are probably a bunch more songs that I like but those are probably my absolute favorites.  :grin:

If I really had to choose my favorites of the show, I'd say:

The Magic Inside,

Smile Song,

Every song in "A hearth's warming tail",

Every song in "pinkie pride"

This Day Aria,

In Our Town (I have no idea why)

If I had to choose from the EQG movies I'd say:

EQG songs. Yes, I do love all of them equally.

If I had to choose from an album (so, neither EQG or the main series), I'd say:

Days Gone By

Raise this Barn (I Am Orange Remix, on the DJ-Pon-3 album)

It's a Pony Kind of Christmas

Jolly ol' St. Nick (I love Spike's singing)

Tricks up my sleeve (the full version on the soundtrack album of rainbow rocks)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm just going too make a list. (In no particular order.)

1. The Pony I want Too Be

2. A changling can change

3.Shine Like Rainbows

4. Under Our Spell

5'Dance Magic(from the early relase eqg special)

6.Smile

7.Duel For Sugar Belle(Pretry sure that's what it was called.)

8.Best Friends Until The End Of Time

9.The Magic Inside

10.Find The Music In You

11. Battle(from Rainbow Rocks)

12.The intro song from Rainbow Rocks

13.I can do it on my own

14.In Our Town

15.The Spectacle

16. We Will Stand For Everfree

17.The Cutie Mark Crusaders Anthem

18.Rules Of Rarity

19.Art Of The Dress

20.A True True Friend

21.Friends Are Always There For You

1 hour ago, Hierok said:

The magic inside was great. Still waiting for more songs like this. :orly:

Yup. I can imagine having to hire in the actual singer (or similar guest voices) cuts into their budget a bit, but would love to see more of this character. We see a bunch of Discord, so I guess its down to the price of each artist/actor vs demand...

I wonder if Shakira is up for being a pony? :D

(edited)

Well, I fell in love with Pinkie Pie when she first sang the Laughter Song, so I'm going to have to say the Laughter Song.

Edited by Pinkie_Pi

On 07/11/2016 at 7:33 AM, Ganondorf8 said:

My favourite song comes from Legend of Everfree, "Embrace the Magic" although "A.C.A.D.E.C.A." comes in at a very close second.

Sunset does get some great songs - I think Past is not Today is better though. From LoE I think SciTwi's The Midnight in me has a slight edge - Same singer in all three cases of course, although not the same character :D

On 18-6-2017 at 5:21 PM, CypherHoof said:

Yup. I can imagine having to hire in the actual singer (or similar guest voices) cuts into their budget a bit, but would love to see more of this character. We see a bunch of Discord, so I guess its down to the price of each artist/actor vs demand...

I wonder if Shakira is up for being a pony? :D

Shakira pony and we call her Gazelle Harmony, or something like that! :lol:

I don't know if it's my favourite, in fact it almost definitely isn't, but a song from the show that I personally find extremely underrated is the Flim and Flam song from Season 2. I love the style of song where they speak quickly in time to the rhythm as opposed to actually singing, it's kind of like a classier version of rap in that sense. It moves the plot along really well, I love the technological sounds that are timed to the beat and it's really catchy. It's serious enough that you want to hear what the lyrics are about and how they relate back to the plot and it's silly enough to be thoroughly enjoyable at the same time. It also gets major points for being one of the few songs that has nothing to do with " Freindship ", " love " of anything just as sappy. It goes on for too long in my opinion and it certainly isn't as rock solid as some of the other songs in the series, but considering that the episode that it features in isn't even very good, I admittedly really liked it and consider it as very underrated.

Honestly, I've always kind if thought that "Winter Wrap-Up"and especially "At the Gala" are somewhat overrated. I still love them both, just not as much as everybody else seems to.

5 hours ago, Rarity the Supreme said:

Honestly, I've always kind if thought that "Winter Wrap-Up"and especially "At the Gala" are somewhat overrated. I still love them both, just not as much as everybody else seems to.

Wasn't that fond of the Winter Wrap-up song, but the mashup with that and True True friend on the album is interesting :)

Most of the longer songs from the first two seasons have stuck in my mind. I just find them so memorable and fun. My favourites of the lot are "Winter Wrap-Up," "At the Gala," and "Smile," just for how upbeat and catchy they are, as well as "This Day Aria" for its epic sweep. There's also some really great ones in season 4, though, especially "Generosity," and while I still think most of the songs in seasons 5 and 6 aren't terribly memorable, I also have a lot of love for "The Seeds of the Past" and "Pinkie's Present," which are the simply the best from what I still think is the greatest musical episode in the whole show. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this topic had been done to death, but as a brony fairly new to the fandom I'm just really interested. Mine is and probably always will be "Smile" - it's just so positive and happy. I'm guessing lots of peopllike it given the scene in the 2013 "Bronies" movie, some of y'all who've seen it will know which one I'm talking about ;)