Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Favorite Songs From The Show

Flutterguy1

I like the big, everypony songs like Winter Wrap Up and At The Gala.

Yeah, they just make the show so much more epic! Most childrens shows would just only have songs like cupcakes and hop,skip and a jump, but MLP goes all out and preforms full, orchastrated songs with beautiful singers and lyrics!

Winter Wrap Up, with Art of the Dress in a close second. I listen to both of them on my way home from school every single day.

I actually want to create an orchestrated adaptation of Winter Wrap Up. Don't know if it's already been done, but I really don't care - I have a few great ideas for what to do with it.

I actually want to create an orchestrated adaptation of Winter Wrap Up.

I was thinking that exact same thing a few weeks ago.

But my favorite would be Art of the Dress, followed by an extremely close Winter Wrap Up.

I just stumbled upon this. It's the official intro for the italian dub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trf002vigUA&feature=related

I just love how italians don't just translate the theme songs, they make a whole new song! I remember it being the caase with the pokemon first season song (and their song ended up being my favorite theme ever, but that's another story! )

• Brohoof 1

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trf002vigUA&feature=related

I just love how italians don't just translate the theme songs, they make a whole new song!

If sompony could translate this, I would be very happy! I really want to know what this translates into....

If sompony could translate this, I would be very happy! I really want to know what this translates into....

In un mondo splendido (In a wonderful world)

Colorato e magico (Full of colours and magic)

Little Ponies vivono (Littles Ponies live)

In pace e sempre in armonia (Always in peace and harmony)

Il sole fanno splendere (They make the sun shine)

Le piante fanno crescere e poi (They make the plants grow and then)

La gioia fanno accendere (They will make you light up with joy - or something like that xD)

Se li conoscerai (If you know them)

Vola e vai!,my Little Pony (Fly and go!,my Little Pony)

Se nuovi amici vorrai incontrare (If you want to find new friends)

Prendi il volo,ascolta il cuore (Spread your wings, listen to your heart)

Ed ogni avventura potrai affrontare (And you would face all kind of adventures)

Vola e vai,my Little Pony! (Fly and go!,my Little Pony)

Realizza i tuoi sogni e non ti fermare (Make your dreams come true and don't stop)

I did not translate this myself. I can't speak italian (although I can understand the general meaning because Italian is very similar to french) Somepony else translated it in the Youtube comments. Credits to him! ^^

Edited by Marshmallow
  • Brohoof 1

Anypony know where I can get quality versions of the songs? I could record my own from the episodes I have, but they're all low quality, and the only other place I know of to get them would be YouTube, which is also generally low quality.

Anypony know where I can get quality versions of the songs? I could record my own from the episodes I have, but they're all low quality, and the only other place I know of to get them would be YouTube, which is also generally low quality.

I'm pretty sure everypony's copies of the songs are just Youtube rips. However I do keep hearing rumours that a soundtrack CD is going to be released, maybe as soon as this month.

I'm pretty sure everypony's copies of the songs are just Youtube rips. However I do keep hearing rumours that a soundtrack CD is going to be released, maybe as soon as this month.

Oh, I was hopig there might be some rips offthe HD iTunes episodes floatin around.

And I know a soundtrack was planned, but this month, really? You have a source on that? Cuz that would be awesome, but I don't want to get my hopes up lol

Oh, I was hopig there might be some rips offthe HD iTunes episodes floatin around.

Not sure, I know mine were from download links some kind souls had included in the description of their Youtube rips.

And I know a soundtrack was planned, but this month, really? You have a source on that? Cuz that would be awesome, but I don't want to get my hopes up lol

Yeah, take it with a pinch of salt, I have heard October mentioned a bit on EqD and on the Bronyville podcast but I have no hard info. However, Daniel Ingram pretty much promised there would be a CD at some point during an interview.

I found one very good fan unoficial soundtrack. The quality was pretty amazing. I got it on my ipod now, I'll see if I can find the link

edit: I couldn't find the one I've downloaded before, but I found this, which might possibly be even better

Edited by Marshmallow
  • Brohoof 1

I found one very good fan unoficial soundtrack. The quality was pretty amazing. I got it on my ipod now, I'll see if I can find the link

edit: I couldn't find the one I've downloaded before, but I found this, which might possibly be even better

Thanks for posting that, I've just replaced some of my rips with those.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trf002vigUA&feature=related

I just love how italians don't just translate the theme songs, they make a whole new song! I remember it being the caase with the pokemon first season song (and their song ended up being my favorite theme ever, but that's another story! )

That was beautiful, wow. I also like that the Italian intro is a full minute long. Now, if only I understood the language.

Ok, now I'm sure that everypony knows how they parodied Star Wars episode IV ending in "The Return of Harmony Part 2" (s2e2)

But now compare the music that starts at 20:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F2kCsDKi68&feature=related#t=20m15s

with this music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx3EMvZrFR4

The first one is from "Friendship is Magic part 2" (s1e2), and the second one is the ending of Star Wars episode 1. They sound pretty similar to my ears!

I guess they just love referencing Star Wars! :P

Ok, now I'm sure that everypony knows how they parodied Star Wars episode IV ending in "The Return of Harmony Part 2" (s2e2)

But now compare the music that starts at 20:15

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F2kCsDKi68&feature=related#t=20m15s

with this music

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx3EMvZrFR4

The first one is from "Friendship is Magic part 2" (s1e2), and the second one is the ending of Star Wars episode 1. They sound pretty similar to my ears!

I guess they just love referencing Star Wars! :P

This! ^

It also reminded me of the celebration scene of "A Bugs Life" I love when show or movie uses that kind of happy, fanfare bopping song to wrap it up or celebrate something!

Edited by Lyra