Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite MLP Shipping and Why?

LyraHeartstrings

I still say UPS. Y'all are crazy. TwilightxTrixie? They could never be a successful parcel company, Twilight would drive Trixie crazy with over-analysis and would want every package delivered on a super tight schedule. Trixie would try to make every piece of mail look snazzy and take too much time showing off when the stuff is delivered.

And don't even get me started on Fluttershy. She couldn't deliver a package to a pillow. Now Derpy, that's where shipping's at. Best shipper ever.

• Brohoof 4

I still say UPS. Y'all are crazy. TwilightxTrixie? They could never be a successful parcel company, Twilight would drive Trixie crazy with over-analysis and would want every package delivered on a super tight schedule. Trixie would try to make every piece of mail look snazzy and take too much time showing off when the stuff is delivered. And don't even get me started on Fluttershy. She couldn't deliver a package to a pillow. Now Derpy, that's where shipping's at. Best shipper ever.

Oh lord, please be kidding. Lol.

If not, Pm me. Ill explain shipping.

I still say UPS. Y'all are crazy. TwilightxTrixie? They could never be a successful parcel company, Twilight would drive Trixie crazy with over-analysis and would want every package delivered on a super tight schedule. Trixie would try to make every piece of mail look snazzy and take too much time showing off when the stuff is delivered.

And don't even get me started on Fluttershy. She couldn't deliver a package to a pillow. Now Derpy, that's where shipping's at. Best shipper ever.

This pony; so silly. ^_^

Okay whoever shipped Spike and Twi? THAT'S A MOTHER AND SON RELATIONSHIP. Even if it's not by blood.

But all the lesbian action is just fine? :lol:

Oh, and I personally don't get all this female x female shipping. That is a no go imo.

For my part, there can be only Fluttershy and Big Macintosh.

Maybe Pinkie Pie and Discord.

Or Spike and Rarity (after all Spike will some day get the hold of a giant treasure, he is a dragon afterall, and Rarity would love that. (Also it could work out between them even though there would be a certain size difference at some point of Spike's life. Just look at Donkey and Dragon from Shrek.))

Edited by Pinkie Prectar

But all the lesbian action is just fine? :lol: Oh, and I personally don't get all this female x female shipping. That is a no go imo.

*Ahem* Not meaning to intrude here, but I find it slightly offensive that you compare incest and homosexuality. I know I'm jumping to conclusions (you were probably just comparing how Twilight and Spike's relationship-"upgrade" is similar to what's done with the friendships between the mane characters), but the more comments from strictly-straight-shippers I see, the more it seems like same-sex-shipping is frowned upon.

Could you please explain what you, personally, find wrong about it? At this point, I can't help but feel curious. :huh:

(you were probably just comparing how Twilight and Spike's relationship-"upgrade" is similar to what's done with the friendships between the mane characters)

Correct.

I don't compare homosexuality and incest at all.

I just don't think that anything besides straight relationships in MLP could/should work.

(And I don't dislike homosexuals at all IRL, I just don't think something like that fits this specific cartoon)

Correct. I don't compare homosexuality and incest at all. I just don't think that anything besides straight relationships in MLP could/should work. (And I don't dislike homosexuals at all IRL, I just don't think something like that fits this specific cartoon)

Yes, yes, I understand that, but why don't you think it fits? What differences are there between straight and gay romance, that can't be cooperated into this type of story-telling? I'm not trying to force a perspective on you, shipping is obviously all about personal opinion. I just find it a little none-too-love-and-tolerate-y to consider all same-sex-shipping within the fandom "unfitting", instead of merely considering it a different interpretation of the show and another option taken. ;) Edited by Glitterpen

It ruins it all for me that there should be some gay romance. It doesnt fit my idea of MLP and the world that is Equestria. Maybe one or two gay romances total, with very good explanation. But this far, I've see none that I would approve of, and that's why Im sticking with:

Fluttershy + Big Macintosh

Rarity + Spike

Pinkie Pie + Discord

• Brohoof 1

It ruins it all for me that there should be some gay romance. It doesnt fit my idea of MLP and the world that is Equestria. Maybe one or two gay romances total, with very good explanation. But this far, I've see none that I would approve of, and that's why Im sticking with: Fluttershy + Big Macintosh Rarity + Spike Pinkie Pie + Discord

I'm not saying there SHOULD be gay romance and I'm definitely not saying that they SHOULD be all over the place (I myself, more often than not don't support gay romance in other fandoms and in MLP I only support 1 same-sex couple, since there are usually more plausible straight pairings, so Celestia kill me, if I tried to make others live up to something I can't live up to myself) - I'm just asking you not to look down upon those who do support same-sex-pairings and not write us all off as not understanding the source material. Please.

I don't look down upon those who support the same-sex pairings. I just don't get it. Like I don't get why people like the feel of cooked mushrooms in their mouth. I don't want it, never wanted it, and never will. Fine by me if you like it, but I'll still tell you that it feels like a giant lump of snot/nasal mucus.

• Brohoof 1

I don't look down upon those who support the same-sex pairings. I just don't get it. Like I don't get why people like the feel of cooked mushrooms in their mouth. I don't want it, never wanted it, and never will. Fine by me if you like it, but I'll still tell you that it feels like a giant lump of snot/nasal mucus.

My thoughts exactly, with the exception of cooked mushrooms :P

Charming. Well, I guess the line between looking down upon people and just rudely expressing your personal opinion really is that thin. But who am I to judge, eh?

Now, I'll be on my merry way. Good day to you, Sir.