Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite MLP Shipping and Why?

LyraHeartstrings

Take a guess at which ship is my favorite. Go on, try.

Before watching "Rainbow Falls", I thought that shippers were weirdos. But seeing Fluttershy's adorable interactions with Bulk Biceps was enough to change my mind. Now, I will violently fight to defend this pairing!

Fluttershy is sweet and gentle, but can get tough when she needs to. Bulk is big and strong, but with a hidden soft side. They're perfect for each other!

Rarijack is by far the best ship, best dynamic, obviously already best friends and while they have a ton of difference that will mean there will always be some drama in the relationship (which seeing as this is fiction is good, needs to be some conflict) they also have enough similarties and are mature enough to make it work if they chose to try.

While the two do have great chemistry in several episodes, evidence seems to suggest that Rarity is heterosexual (She has shown attraction to two or three males and never to females) so it's somewhat opposed to canon. But if it weren't for that, I would totally ship it.

Rarity and spike for starters. I'm a HUGE sparity shipper, so I really love this one. I know it'll probably never happen, but dang it, I love it.
I really wonder how they're planning on tackling that in EQG, seeing as how spike is 100% a dog, and that's a huge aspect of his character.

Next up, Rainbow dash and Soarin. I used to not really like this ship and actually kind of disliked it; I was a pretty big fan of the spitfire/Soarin pairing. But Rainbow falls pretty much made me do a complete 180 on that.
You see, I'd always been of the view that Dash would work best with a stallion who was basically a R34 fluttershy due to her personality; Dash likes to play the hero and protect others, and she's also quick to get into fights. So someone who's more laid back and meeker in personality while also being kind of caring seems like it'd be a perfect fit.
then Soarin is shown to be a bit of a marshmellow in rainbow falls, combined with his almost moe level of sadness about being abandoned there and how he was basically being bullied by his teammates, and it really seemed like it clicked.

The fact that Spitfire was an absolute bitch to soarin also didn't hurt since it made it hard to accept soarin/spitfire as a ship anymore XD

• Brohoof 1

From most shipped to least:

-SunsetSparkle / SunLight is OTP

-FlutterCord is pretty fun

-MaudxTrixie is the most ridiculous crack ship ever, it's perfect

-I kind of ship Celestia and Alternate!Sombra from the comics

All for fun of course, I don't even think I'd want any of these to be actual canon.

• Princess Celestia x Discord

Twilight Sparkle x Flash Sentry

RainbowDash x Soarin

RainbowDash x SpitFire

SpitFire x Soarin

Soarin x FleetFoot

Big Macintosh x Ms. Cheerilee

• Brohoof 1

Take a guess at which ship is my favorite. Go on, try.

Before watching "Rainbow Falls", I thought that shippers were weirdos. But seeing Fluttershy's adorable interactions with Bulk Biceps was enough to change my mind. Now, I will violently fight to defend this pairing!

Fluttershy is sweet and gentle, but can get tough when she needs to. Bulk is big and strong, but with a hidden soft side. They're perfect for each other!

While the two do have great chemistry in several episodes, evidence seems to suggest that Rarity is heterosexual (She has shown attraction to two or three males and never to females) so it's somewhat opposed to canon. But if it weren't for that, I would totally ship it.

Hey bisexuals exist! And obviously the show being what it is can't explictly show attraction of that sort, but it's pretty easy to read a bunch of scenes bteweeen her and AJ as catty flirting and such! Don't be afraid, HOP ABOARD OUR MIGHTY SHIP! We've got literally thousands of pieces of art to enjoy and a decent amount of fan fic! the S.S. Rarijack is always welcoming!

• Brohoof 1

You see, I'd always been of the view that Dash would work best with a stallion who was basically a R34 fluttershy due to her personality

I THINK you mean a R63 Fluttershy. XDDD

Edited by ShadOBabe

Okay, so there were several 'what's your favourite MLP Ship' threads going on, and they were all reasonaly popular. So we've decided to make it a MEGATHREAD!

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

My OTP is SunLight because I think it fits the best.

Sunset and Twilight have similar intersts and character traits, but they are not too similar, either.

Plus, they have already a deeper relationship than most characters.

• 2 months later...

i myself ship applejack/rainbow dash or twilight/fluttershy i know the personality is diffrent but by god a man can dream maybe eh it might work one percent is still one percent