Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you prefer to be alone or surrounded by people?

Lightning Fluttershy

Alone or social?  

125 users have voted

1. 1. Teh ultimate question \o/

• I prefer to be alone. Just me and my thoughts.
    • I don't mind a few friends around or pretty small groups of people.
    • I LOVE PEOPLE. I'm a social butterfly!
    • Depends on the circumstance. All three are cool by me.

Exactly as the title suggest. Do you prefer to be alone by yourself or to be surrounded by people? Are you somewhere in between?

To be honest I prefer to be alone by far. I do not by any means like being around people let alone socializing with them. Most people in real life hate me anyway. A bunch of people online I'm sure too... XD

Even the people who somehow manage to like me in real life, I tend to avoid too, simply because I don't like socializing.

So how about all of you lovely forum members? Tell me what your opinion is and why. I'd LOVE to hear it. :P

Edited by Death the Kid
  • Brohoof 3

I either want silence, or I want to be in a small group. Never a large group though. It gets annoying with everyone talking at the same time.

Edited by Tormented Dusty Soul

I either want silence, or I want to be in a small group. Never a large group though. It gets annoying with everyone talking at the same time.

Same for me too. I like groups but not to big or it gets to annoying. Maybe a group of 3-5 people would be best for me. I like groups not to small and not to big.

I don't mind going out to the bar and dinner with me and my friends every once and a while, but I prefer to spend the majority of nights relaxing at home.

I voted 'alone' but my alone includes my husband (bonded by love and all that), we do share a room after all. Although I'm usually RPing and he's playing video games :).

~

• Brohoof 2

Exactly as the title suggest. Do you prefer to be alone by yourself or to be surrounded by people? Are you somewhere in between?

To be honest I prefer to be alone by far. I do not by any means like being around people let alone socializing with them. Most people in real life hate me anyway. A bunch of people online I'm sure too... XD

Even the people who somehow manage to like me in real life, I tend to avoid too, simply because I don't like socializing.

So how about all of you lovely forum members? Tell me what your opinion is and why. I'd LOVE to hear it. :P

It really depends on the situation to be honest. Sometimes I want to be alone. Sometimes I want to be around a few people. Sometimes I love people and want to be around all of the people. Could you make that an option?

Edited by river_angel

Could you make that an option?

Done. Tis now an option to choose all three. ;)

Although I'm usually RPing and he's playing video games .

That perfectly defines pretty much what I do when I'm alone. RP and play video games. ;)
  • Brohoof 2

I only have one real friend. Everyone else I know I would consider an acquaintance. I only have my one friend who I actually hang out with outside of school and stuff, and I’d consider this forum my main way of socialization. With all of that said, I really prefer small groups of people like no more than 4 including me, and when it comes right down to it I don’t mind being by myself at all and is sometimes preferable to other people.

• Brohoof 1

I don't mind going out to the bar and dinner with me and my friends every once and a while, but I prefer to spend the majority of nights relaxing at home.

I voted 'alone' but my alone includes my husband (bonded by love and all that), we do share a room after all. Although I'm usually RPing and he's playing video games :).

~

I second that emotion (thank you Smokey)

I prefer one on one personally, just me and the one I love...if need be maybe one extra person

• Brohoof 1

I love being with people, I love to socalize also :D

Im like the most social person you will ever meet.

Even if I've never met you before, Im never shy to speak to you :D

And if you wanna talk to me? Go ahead, Im always up to be talking or doing something with you, no matter what mood im in, even when im sick Im still highly social :)

And when im alone, sometimes, I just use my computer or phone to talk to my friends or other people.

Or when im alone and my parents arent home, BREAK ALL THE RULES AND GO WILD xD

Which means, I'd rather be in like a group, I like being the person that leads, and the person that doesnt seek out for leadership.

Definitely a social butterfly. I can't go anywhere without having at least one person there with me. It just doesn't happen. :P I hate being a loner (and I can't remember the last time I was alone).

• Brohoof 2

I prefer to surround myself with those who I care dearly, rather than a whole bunch of random sweaty humans. I like talking with people, but more often than not I get nervous when I couldn't recognize everyone.

Done. Tis now an option to choose all three. ;)

Thank you so much for making me able to choose the most accurate option for myself. For some people things aren't so black and white, and I'm glad you actually listened.

• Brohoof 1

I really prefer to be alone. People have found it weird, but I don't care. I have been called anti-social, which I denied even if it is the truth. I really don't like being around people. I am not good at being near people, and when I am in a group with the few people I actually talk to, I normally stand near the back, adding a comment here and there. So yeah, I really prefer to be alone, lost in my thoughts, thinking about the world.

• Brohoof 2

im in the middle of preferring solitude and being surrounded by people. i love my friends and wouldnt be happy without them, but the majority of people just suck. i hate the bar scene, i dont like being in large groups, i feel myself escalating when im too close to people i dont know, etc. i consider myself semi-introverted but i dont turn down the company of those few close friends.

chilling at home with coffee, dual screening net/ponies, and enjoying a quiet morning/evening can be the best thing in the world.

• Brohoof 1

My stance on this has changed a couple of times throughout the years. Thinking back to when I was little, by nature I fit into the second option with small groups of people. Due to many circumstances and conditions I was under, I was eventually pushed towards being an introvert to the point of reclusion. Alternatively, I didn't mind massive crowds because I've always been good at blending, hiding in plain sight so to speak.

These days, things and myself being much different, I'm a blend of all three. Small groups are nice as they allow me to experience people on a more relaxed and personal level. Large crowds (like conventions) allow me to meet many types of people, and for a very inquisitive guy like me who appreciates diversity, it provides a fascinating experience. At the end of the day my introverted nature takes hold, and I have to retreat to someplace where I can be alone in order to gather my thoughts and rest.

Alone, people generally annoy me, but on here, it's quite fine, but I like being with someone or a group once I get too lonely and remember that I'm alone to begin with.

If that makes any sense, really.

I have few friends, but the trust I have for the few friends that I do have is immense.

I am very social with my closest friends, but the less I know you, the less I'm willing to talk. I never say no to the company of my closest friends, but I would rather be alone than to be surrounded by many people. Nothing wrong with a little peace and quiet to recharge.

Also when a group discussion starts at around 4-5 people, I can't even talk anymore because there are no breaks in the conversation and I feel like I'd be interupting. I know it sounds a little odd, but it's hard to get a thought out when someone else starts talking when you're about to say something.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

Alone. I don't like talking that much. Most people bother me.

I sometimes talk to a few people. But generally no one can keep a topic that interests me. Like ponies... :D

I used to be all alone and preferred to be, but in all honesty things are more fun if you're with others who are having fun. Now, if I'm doing something boring like say homework I totally prefer to be alone because being with other people is just either distracting or aggravating.

Generally, I prefer to be alone. However, I also like social interaction. I need conversation in my life. If I don't, then I end up talking to myself, which is pretty odd. It's part of the reason I joined these forums, to be social when I'm alone.

• Brohoof 1

ALONE

For god's sake, ALONE

every now and then I love being around my friends, but I hate strangers around me, and I can't stand when I'm sitting by myself at school, focused on my work or reading a book, and five kids sit next to me and ask me if I need someone to sit by :|

• Brohoof 1