Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you prefer to be alone or surrounded by people?

Lightning Fluttershy

Alone or social?  

126 users have voted

1. 1. Teh ultimate question \o/

• I prefer to be alone. Just me and my thoughts.
    • I don't mind a few friends around or pretty small groups of people.
    • I LOVE PEOPLE. I'm a social butterfly!
    • Depends on the circumstance. All three are cool by me.

I have many friends, so I would prefer to be in a big group than be alone. Although I usually spend half my time doing nothing by myself, and the other half hanging out with my friends. As long as I know all of the people I'm with, then definitely being around others. But if there's a lot of people that I don't know, then yes I would most certainly like to be alone.

Edited by Australianfries

Depends who I am surrounded by. I love hanging out with my friends, but I hate being surrounded by people I don't know. Although, there are definitely times where I just need to be alone and have some peace and quiet.

I used to enjoy being in large groups because of all the friends i thought i had that changed when i graduated High school and relized most of my supposed friends were "fake" and wouldn't even respond to me when i tried to talk to them. I'm now more of a person who perfers small groups even though i really have trouble making friends and really only talk to maybe about 4-5 people not including family.

For me it really depends on the situation. Most of the time I don't mind either cause i'm fine being alone or with friends. Not to sound corny or anything but honestly whenever i'm with friends and coworkers i'm usually acting like an idiot and silly plus it kills time and it makes them happy which kind of makes me happy or make work tolerable lol. However when i'm with family I want to bang my head against a wall as most of the time they (My 4 brothers) act like idiots or we end up getting into an argument over sensitive issues.

Edited by thor9356

Depends on the circumstances. If I'm in a Pinkie Pie-like mood where nothing can break my stride (lol), then I'm perfectly okay with talking with a big group of people, even making a fool out of myself.

However, if I'm studying, pissed, or just need to reflect on life, then that's when I shut out everyone. I don't usually do that that often but sometimes I just want peace and serenity for just a couple of seconds with nobody around.

Oh, and I can't stand cities like New York either. Giant slumholes with nothing but people waves coming at me. That's the type of crowd I hate. But if I went to a rock concert, I would be perfectly fine. I don't know, I'm weird, I guess. :P

• Brohoof 2

I prefer to be alone, But thats just because I am a super introvert. I like being around people at times but not really for that long.

Its kinda like... The amount of time I spend around people I need the same amount of time just to be alone.

While I don't mind friends, and I wouldn't being in a house with 3 or 4 of them, I'd rather be alone with me and mah thoughts. I'm a very imaginative person, who also thinks a lot. I need mah time to just let mah brain project cool scenes and sequences inside mah head.

• Brohoof 1

I feel like I'm all 3. I like to be alone at times, but at other times, I like to be around people. It does depend on the circumstances and how I'm feeling.

Above all, I prefer to be alone; and in many a circumstance, I find talking with myself to be just as, if not more, enjoyable than talking to someone else. But I also desire nothing more than to be with a couple of close friends who I can freely be myself. Of course my 'extreme shy-ness' prevents me for doing so, so I am most content when I can be just invisible and observe other people.... *lurk lurk lurk*

Even in the rare chance that I do socialize with someone, I can only stand so much before I start to get annoyed and just want to be by myself though. :/

And then there's the completely random times that I feel like Pinkie and want to be around as many people as possible, throw parties, and have a good time, after which (perhaps because I've never actually got to do that) I get depressed. ._.

Now, back to lurking! :3

• Brohoof 1

Well alot of times I like to have my alone time, and I'm probably more comfortable alone then the next guy, however If I was ever totally alone for a really long time i'd probably get very depressed and maybe go crazy. Still as of now I don't have a whole lot of people I socialize with, but I don't really like silence that much. I kinda hate silence because it makes me depressed. Dunno why. That doesn't mean I like giant groups either, i'm to shy for that.

I don't really know how much of me doesn't socialize with people because I'm shy, and how much of me doesn't because I don't want to be around people sometimes.

Overall I have my times where I wanna be alone, and times where I want to be with a 1 or a few people. However I don't always have the option to choose.

Still apparently total isolation from socialization isn't healthy for you, but I'm no doctor so idk.

I like the idea of being in a large group of friendly people, but it can get pretty hectic so I pick: surrounded by small group of people. Being alone... although I really like my privacy, I'm also pretty social so I wouldn't pick being alone.

Do books count as people? If they don't, then they should. I mean, if corporations are people, surely books are too write (get it, "write")? I mean, just look at what books have done for the world! Nations rise and fall with the turn of the page. Technology leaps forward, pushing off of inspiration pulled from books! The young and ignorant become wise and tested through the exposure to books and the stories locked inside. Maybe it's not the books that are important, but the readers, the interpreters, those who make the stories come to life, those who give definition to the markings on the page.

Anyway, I enjoy people, but not certain people. I do like my time alone, although I do get very lonely at times. It's a delicate balance really, all dependent on my current mindset and/or mood.

Edited by Pyro_Chick 451
  • Brohoof 2

I prefer being alone with one other person.

I just feel things are just more intimate that way.

Once you add a third person things start to feel unfocused and typically I'd just end up being pushed to the back and become a third wheel at that point.

But I can RARELY get that sort of intimate alone time with anyone family or friend, so I tend to just be by myself!

• Brohoof 1

Alone, as often as I can manage it. I can't be myself when other people are around. Worrying about what I'm supposed to say, their reactions and what they think of me is just too taxing. A few conversations can exhaust me mentally. I try to deal with others only at work, and even there it's almost overwhelming some nights. I don't bother anyone, I do my job well and I'm not part of any cliques, but they still don't respect me. I feel like they're always saying things about me--negative things. A few times I found out they actually were, and that didn't help me.

I'm really happy that I have you guys. :lol:

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a loner.

Part of the reason that I've grown to love the night so much is that I can spend time alone, appreciating its beauty without anypony interrupting my deep thoughts with their shallow ones.

Also, my family is overly controlling (which makes me like the time I have away from them), but what else is new?

• Brohoof 1

I like being in small groups of people i know (around 4 to 5 tops) and agree with the person above me about night time. Its quieter, theirs less people and its normally quiet nice temperature with a cool breeze.

I love being around animals

• Brohoof 1

Ugh, people. Most of the time, I'm perfectly content being by my lonesome. I do love socializing... for very brief very spaced out periods of time. People get on my nerves, real quick. I wish I had more friends, but I kinda wish everyone would leave me alone at the the same time. :/

Alone. There are very few people I actually like. I've always been kinda antisocial, I feel completely exhausted after long social interaction. Basically, after 5-7 hours at school I don't want to see anybody.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest i do prefer to be alone, although i do talk to people over xbox and skype, but i dont mind being sociable as long as its with people i can get along with as then i can have a good laugh.

I love being around people, and hate being alone. That's me. :P

If I don't have anybody to talk with, I feel really depressed. Of course, there are times where I want to be alone, but besides that, having other people around me makes me happy. I wouldn't be the person I am today without all my friends and family.

I'm the type of person that can't stand being alone...I dunno, guess that's just me.

Edited by Pixiesong