Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you prefer to be alone or surrounded by people?

Lightning Fluttershy

Alone or social?  

126 users have voted

1. 1. Teh ultimate question \o/

• I prefer to be alone. Just me and my thoughts.
    • I don't mind a few friends around or pretty small groups of people.
    • I LOVE PEOPLE. I'm a social butterfly!
    • Depends on the circumstance. All three are cool by me.

I'm an introvert through and through. I can be around large numbers of people, but I quickly get exhausted and overwhelmed and have to excuse myself to catch my breath.

I prefer and function best in smaller groups. 

I prefer being alone. I'm not very social, and I often get overloaded or shut down if placed in too much at once. So, yeah... I prefer to be alone rather than being with others. The only time I don't mind being around other people as at my anime convention every year.

I like to be with a small group of friends occasionally when I'm not busy. But there are times when I want to be left alone and not talk to anyone because of stress of school and whatnot. Sometimes I feel like I am antisocial because I don't hang out with friends a whole lot outside of school; I really want to start hanging out with people more often. :D Once in awhile I go to parties, but that's it for hanging with large groups. I sadly stopped going to youth group because I don't like being with too many people plus my anxiety kicks in.

I prefer to be either alone, with my girlfriend, or with a small group of people I know well. I share almost no interests with most other people and I tend to be quite negative about popular things which has given me a reputation of 'that guy who hates everything and cares about nothing' despite the fact there are tons of things I'm interested in and passionate about.

This is not to say I can't be around others, though. I simply prefer not to be. I can talk to just about anyone, a trait I've seemed to inherit from my mom, but unlike her I don't use it much. Also unlike her, while I'm quite able to have a normal conversation with people I'm not very good at giving myself a social attitude, because it doesn't matter that much to me. In large groups, or groups where I don't know people, I'm generally the guy who awkwardly stands around listening to conversations and hoping I can join in somewhere. Once I do, I tend to have fun, but if I fail to find an interesting conversation I usually find a quiet spot and think about stories I want to write.

I prefer to be alone or with a small group of friends (but usually alone since I'm not good at coming up with things to say around people in real life; besides, I don't have any real life friends that hang out with me outside of school). I also dislike crowds, so I wouldn't want to be around a lot of people.

I prefer to be alone than be with a large or small group (I don't like it when there's too much going on with multiple people at once, and having them all staring at me if I were to talk... :blush: ), but I'd rather still have somepony with me for company :fluttershy: 

• 4 years later...

Depends who the people are in question, but as a general rule I'd say alone. I'm a huge introvert and I've gone nearly a full week IRL without talking to another human being before, and been completely okay about it. If I can tolerate spending a lot of time with you then you're something pretty damn special.

• Brohoof 3

I prefer to be by myself with my thought, my laptop, and my sketchbook. I don’t mind some few friends once in awhile but rarely. And having to live in a large family, I take my “me time” seriously.

I don't mind being in gatherings (like a theater or classroom setting), but I don't like to be crowded (parties, malls, concerts, etc.).  I need to have a means of escape if I start to feel overwhelmed and need to get some solitude for a bit, especially if I'm in a situation where I really don't know anyone except for the one(s) I arrived with.

On 11/26/2019 at 1:38 PM, daviddaviddavid said:

Depends who the people are in question, but as a general rule I'd say alone. I'm a huge introvert and I've gone nearly a full week IRL without talking to another human being before, and been completely okay about it. If I can tolerate spending a lot of time with you then you're something pretty damn special.

I am glad you have enjoyed being tied to my bed all week :)

• Brohoof 1

It's a double-edged sword for me. I prefer being alone and being able to focus solely on my thoughts, but on the other hand, I wish I had people who understood me and would be willing to get to know me for who I am.