Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Discussion for "Misadventures in the Graphite Dimension"

dar tunsh

*cracks fingers* Welp, here goes my attempt to get back into RP's

This is still in the planning stage, but the general idea is Chalk Zone with paper (for those of you who don't know what Chalk Zone is, I'll provide enlightenment via PM when asked). The only difference is we have no idea how we got in, and we don't know how to get out. Details as to how that is are what I'm working on right now.

The rules I've developed so far are few:
Keep it "Safe For Work". No over-done swearing, and if somehow a romantic interest is developed, no super-saucy moments. If you know what "Teen" romance fics are like, that's about as high as I want romance to go (if any).
Only normal pony characters please. I know there's a few human ones out there. That'd be a little weird for what I have in mind. I also know that some people have characters like an earth pony with... strange abilities. Not that I'm bashing characters 'who can summon Cthulhu to fight by they're side at a given moment,' but that doesn't mesh well with the story I have in mind.
No Mary Sues or OP unicorn powers, of course. If you look at mine, I made sure to put limitations on his magic and he also has his flaws. This is more than likely a rule everyone's already heard, but I just had to make sure.
Finally, No alicorn characters. Sorry if this makes you unhappy, but that's kinda how it goes.

I'm thinking about putting the character cap at 4... maybe 5, really it depends on dedication. I don't want this thing to die simply cause one person loses interest, which I've seen happen. So, it's staying small. A friend of mine is going to join and she will be co-leader, alerting me to assorted happenings. Other RPers might know her pretty well, as she's more frequent than I am... she's @Midnightive. As such, only 2 (or 3) spots are left. So... GET 'EM WHILE THEY'RE HOT AND LET THE IDEA-TOSSING COMMENCE!

Oh, and here's the character I'll be using:
http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/draw-toonz-r448

CHARACTER LIST

Magical Draw: Draw Toonz (http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/draw-toonz-r448)

Passion Page: Passion Page (http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/passion-page-r623)

Descant: Descant (http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/descant-r1938)

Feather Gem: Angel Feather (http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/angel-feather-r1989)

Midnightive: Ivy (http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/ivy-r305)

Edited by MaGAKical Draw

I'm using Ivy! Because you know Ivy is my pride and joy... *pets Ivy* Meh I don't know if you'll see here as over powered but i hope not! :P

Oh the link is my signature! x3

Edited by Midnightive

May I join?

I haven't got a page for my character though, as it didn't save earlier.

But I can make it again. Its very simple.

Sure thing, just be sure to post a character soon. Dunno when we're actually starting this RP, but I have a feeling it'll be today.

Sounds interesting. I might hop in on this. Either of my OC's would work for this one. If the concept of sibling OC's doesn't appeal to you, and Descant's magic seems OP, I could always nerf Descant or have only one of the Twins be involved. I think I'll leave which I use up to you, either way would be interesting.

Here you are:

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/angel-feather-r1989

But I must let you know, I haven't roleplayed in years.

And usually, the roleplaying I did was down played and simple.

It may take me awhile to adjust but I do write stories often so I'm sure I'll be fine.

And also, I usually stick with something until the end.

So don't worry about me abandoning you xD

Sounds interesting. I might hop in on this. Either of my OC's would work for this one. If the concept of sibling OC's doesn't appeal to you, and Descant's magic seems OP, I could always nerf Descant or have only one of the Twins be involved. I think I'll leave which I use up to you, either way would be interesting.

I like Descant's magic a lot really. As long as the more powerful spells aren't over-used, I'd like to have him be in this. Really, I just like to keep in mind that a unicorn has limitations on magic, as evident in the season one MLP FIM episode where Twilight took care of the Ursa Minor.

"Descant's name is an obscure musical term that refers to the counterpoint, the counter-melody often found in the tenor range of a musical piece."

That's also cool. Named my music oriented character "Vivace Glide", but that's getting off-topic a bit.

Here you are:

http://mlpforums.com...l-feather-r1989

But I must let you know, I haven't roleplayed in years.

And usually, the roleplaying I did was down played and simple.

It may take me awhile to adjust but I do write stories often so I'm sure I'll be fine.

And also, I usually stick with something until the end.

So don't worry about me abandoning you xD

Awesome, great to know. I haven't RP'd in a while myself. Seeing as you write, I expect good times. I'm an avid reader myself. Don't want to get off topic, but if you want, you could PM me some of your stories. I'm always up for a good read. Edited by MaGAKical Draw

I like Descant's magic a lot really. As long as the more powerful spells aren't over-used, I'd like to have him be in this. Really, I just like to keep in mind that a unicorn has limitations on magic, as evident in the season one MLP FIM episode where Twilight took care of the Ursa Minor.

"Descant's name is an obscure musical term that refers to the counterpoint, the counter-melody often found in the tenor range of a musical piece."

That's also cool. Named my music oriented character "Vivace Glide", but that's getting off-topic a bit.

Awesome, great to know. I haven't RP'd in a while myself. Seeing as you write, I expect good times. I'm an avid reader myself. Don't want to get off topic, but if you want, you could PM me some of your stories. I'm always up for a good read.

Of course. I have added you so I won't forget your username.

So anyway, when would you like to start?

And I'm not sure if this is something where you have to be online for a long time...or if its something you go to whenever you have the time?

Of course. I have added you so I won't forget your username.

So anyway, when would you like to start?

And I'm not sure if this is something where you have to be online for a long time...or if its something you go to whenever you have the time?

I'm not sure when we'll start. Maybe really soon, just want to get some ideas about what happens to our characters to end up in this "Graphite Dimension", what the first moments in the world are like, y'know that sorta thing. To answer the second question, me being in college and all, I have a feeling it'll be a little of both.

I'm not sure when we'll start. Maybe really soon, just want to get some ideas about what happens to our characters to end up in this "Graphite Dimension", what the first moments in the world are like, y'know that sorta thing. To answer the second question, me being in college and all, I have a feeling it'll be a little of both.

Well I'll give an idea, but it won't be a very good one xD

We could end up there as one of us was drawing (well okay I guess thats obvious) Maybe one of us was mad at another and was drawing something to prove their point?

And when we got there we would be confused and puzzled. And dazed. (which is all the same thing xP)

I was planning on, in general, for some of Descant's skills to be counteracted physically. (If only to discourage overuse...) You notice that I said that loud noises tend to incapacitate him when he's boosted his hearing? And as far as minimizing the noise he makes goes, for stealthy purposes, his coat is rather visible, and if you like, for the purposes of this RP, he can be somewhat clumsy, while perhaps not being seen sneaking about, leaving signs that he's been there. And I think that using magic that affect how other people hear things would be a little more straining on him. "Deafens and/or mutes others, or makes them hear things". Although a little later on in the RP we could probably find a way around this, if you like. Thoughts?

I'm going to be in a pretty similar situation with timing, I'm in college too.

Edited by Descant

I was planning on, in general, for some of Descant's skills to be counteracted physically. You notice that I said that loud noises tend to incapacitate him when he's boosted his hearing? And as far as minimizing the noise he makes goes, for stealthy purposes, his coat is rather visible, and if you like, for the purposes of this RP, he can be somewhat clumsy, while perhaps not being seen sneaking about, leaving signs that he's been there. And I think that using magic that affect how other people hear things would be a little more straining on him. "Deafens and/or mutes others, or makes them hear things". Although a little later on in the RP we could probably find a way around this, if you like. Thoughts?

Sounds good, I might have missed a few things, like that 'counteracted physically' thing, when reading. Kinda got a headache so I'm skimming character bios when I look at 'em.

I was planning on, in general, for some of Descant's skills to be counteracted physically. (If only to discourage overuse...) You notice that I said that loud noises tend to incapacitate him when he's boosted his hearing? And as far as minimizing the noise he makes goes, for stealthy purposes, his coat is rather visible, and if you like, for the purposes of this RP, he can be somewhat clumsy, while perhaps not being seen sneaking about, leaving signs that he's been there. And I think that using magic that affect how other people hear things would be a little more straining on him. "Deafens and/or mutes others, or makes them hear things". Although a little later on in the RP we could probably find a way around this, if you like. Thoughts?

Well to me at least, it seems very interesting.

Maybe, he was boosting his hearing to hear my character? She speaks very softly at times.

xD You guys decide.

Edited by Feather Gem

Sounds good, I might have missed a few things, like that 'counteracted physically' thing, when reading. Kinda got a headache so I'm skimming character bios when I look at 'em.

You didn't miss it, I haven't added it yet. I'm actually in the middle of redesigning his personality and skills anyway; I'm debating on whether I should include 'counteracted physically'. I'm not sure whether people will consider him OP'd or not.

Well to me at least, it seems very interesting.

Maybe, he was boosting his hearing to hear my character? She speaks very softly at times.

xD You guys decide.

Heck. If he really needs to, he can probably use his megaphone spell to make you audible. Hahaha! ^_^

You didn't miss it, I haven't added it yet. I'm actually in the middle of redesigning his personality and skills anyway; I'm debating on whether I should include 'counteracted physically'. I'm not sure whether people will consider him OP'd or not.

Heck. If he really needs to, he can probably use his megaphone spell to make you audible. Hahaha! ^_^

xD I should really be reading your character stuff shouldn't I?

Forgive my laziness! I'll be right back.

xD I should really be reading your character stuff shouldn't I?

Forgive my laziness! I'll be right back.

It happens. Don't worry, I have lots of laziness problems too! ^_^

Although it wouldn't really hurt to read it, I guess. I've tried to keep it short.

I have read all of your characters...things.

I really have to redo mine some day.

Compared to both of yours, mine is nothing.

Don't worry about it. I've been doing that to mine, too. I've discovered that it's easier to roleplay if you're not incredibly specific about your character. If you leave yourself some wiggle room, but without denying your character personality... you know?
  • Brohoof 1

Don't worry about it. I've been doing that to mine, too. I've discovered that it's easier to roleplay if you're not incredibly specific about your character. If you leave yourself some wiggle room, but without denying your character personality... you know?

x3 M'kay then.

And here I go, being impatient yet again!

But again I ask when we will be starting xD

I've been online for...quite a while x3

Edited by Feather Gem
  • Brohoof 1

So I take it we're all okay on characters? I'm going to be adding my girlfriend as well, and cap off entries there. All that seems to be left is story ideas.

...and getting Mid more into this, haven't seen a post from her past the 1st and she's not replying to her skype either.

So I take it we're all okay on characters? I'm going to be adding my girlfriend as well, and cap off entries there. All that seems to be left is story ideas.

...and getting Mid more into this, haven't seen a post from her past the 1st and she's not replying to her skype either.

I'm good with that.

I'm not even sure if the other girl is still online?

Perhaps she doesn't want to join anymore?

x3 M'kay then.

And here I go, being impatient yet again!

But again I ask when we will be starting xD

I've been online for...quite a while x3

Well um... My girlfriend won't be on tonight because of Black Friday. I'd feel bad if I left her out. Also, I think Mid went to sleep or something, as she's stopped replying altogether. Silly British lady...

Well um... My girlfriend won't be on tonight because of Black Friday. I'd feel bad if I left her out. Also, I think Mid went to sleep or something, as she's stopped replying altogether. Silly British lady...

xD Well okay then.

Yeah, I'm new to this like I said so I don't know how exactly this works.

Will we be setting a date or time to begin?

Or will we just go with the flow? x3

xD Well okay then.

Yeah, I'm new to this like I said so I don't know how exactly this works.

Will we be setting a date or time to begin?

Or will we just go with the flow? x3

I usually just go with the flow. That being said, we can still throw ideas at the wall and see what sticks.

I usually just go with the flow. That being said, we can still throw ideas at the wall and see what sticks.

Okay then. I'll be online later.

But I've been on for almost four hours.

I think its time for a break xD

K then. Bye guys,

Just making sure to boost up this topic so we all don'r forget it.

I look forward to my first roleplay on MLP forums!