Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Babs Seed Vector

Dusty Soul

This is a Babs Seed image, it is also my first attempt at vectoring, so any help you could give me would be much appreciated. The original is from the clip that was pre-released. post-5223-0-53144800-1353735214_thumb.png

(I had my doubts on weather I was doing what I thought I was sorry... apparently not a vector.)

Edited by Tormented Dusty Soul
  • Brohoof 8

Not bad. Of course, we haven't really seen all that much of her so how could I tell, but it all seems pretty accurate.

Except...

Oh God...

Where did her 4th leg go?!?!

Her Special Talent is in being a tripod, I guess.

As for the vector itself, not too bad. If I had to pick something to criticize, I'd say some of the lines seem a bit jagged. But that's a minor point, and I don't see any apparent flaws in it.

• Brohoof 3

Very nice, doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her. Since you're asking for advice, I guess the only thing I can say at all (and trust me, I can say this for A LOT of the artwork out there, I'm just trying to help since you asked) is maybe make the shade of her teeth's outline just a bit darker, so her teeth are a little more distinct. Of course, it could just be my brightness settings, who knows, but like I said, just trying to offer whatever little advice I can. Great image overall!!! :D

• Brohoof 2

Not bad. Of course, we haven't really seen all that much of her so how could I tell, but it all seems pretty accurate.

Except...

Oh God...

Where did her 4th leg go?!?!

It's covered by the back (I think) left leg.

Very nice, doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her. Since you're asking for advice, I guess the only thing I can say at all (and trust me, I can say this for A LOT of the artwork out there, I'm just trying to help since you asked) is maybe make the shade of her teeth's outline just a bit darker, so her teeth are a little more distinct. Of course, it could just be my brightness settings, who knows, but like I said, just trying to offer whatever little advice I can. Great image overall!!! :D

Thank you! Funny thing is, is that when I was doing the teeth I thought to myself, "should this be darker?" XD

It's pretty good for a first go. Your lines seem a little rough. May I ask what you used to make this?

It's pretty good though. I like it. ;)

Thanks, I used Paint.NET Edited by Tormented Dusty Soul
  • Brohoof 1

Thank you! Funny thing is, is that when I was doing the teeth I thought to myself, "should this be darker?" XD

No problem, glad I could help in some small way! Like I said, I see this all the time in fan art! Heck, sometimes it's even hard to see the ponies' teeth in the show itself, and I can see why. That's a pretty hard part of the body to shade!

• Brohoof 2

May I suggest another program? Have you ever heard of Inkscape? It's a great, easy, free vectoring program. It's what I use to vector and it will fix up those rough lines. ;)

http://inkscape.org/

The thing is, I've tried inkscape, and I have tried GIMP, and honestly they are both great programs, but I just don't like them. Maybe I'll try it again.

First off, this isn't a vector. It's a raster image with a transparent backgorund (wow, déjà vu) anyways. But Paint.NET and GIMP cannot create vectors. You should read about vectors here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_graphics

The two best programs for vectoring are Inkscape and Adobe Illustrator. I would suggest Incscape because Illustrator costs money and Inkscape got all the features you would ever need creating pony vectors.

If you look at any vector, example the one I just made you can see that the lines on the vector are smooth and not all uhm.. not smooth, hah. But it's because I do not draw the lines by hand.

If you want to create vectors, learn the proper programs for it.

Now to what I think about this one, it looks kinda good from a distance I suppose, but as I said, you can not make vectors with plaint.net. Zooming in or resizing it would ruin it directly.

• Brohoof 1

I was just about to say that this isn't a vector... But you beet me to it XD

Anyways... This is a good first attempt at making a transparent image... I'm in the middle of making a babs signature... Sins I relate to her a lot... Lol

I was just about to say that this isn't a vector... But you beet me to it XD

Anyways... This is a good first attempt at making a transparent image... I'm in the middle of making a babs signature... Sins I relate to her a lot... Lol

beat*

and.. nonono not a transparent image..

A transparent image would looks like this:

Posted Image

The image is not transparent, only the background. If it was a transparent image you wouldn't be able to see anything at all. Transparency is what you cannot see.

This is an A with a transparent background.

Posted Image

And this is an A with 50% transparency

Posted Image

Also, it wasn't an attempt at making a raster image, it was an attempt at making a vector but since the wrong program was used it didn't become a vector.