Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Making Christmas Merrier: Part II

Zoop

MAKING CHRISTMAS MERRIER: PART II

Donation deadline: December 12th

Last year, in a rush of communal spirit following a seemingly stray idea suggested by XFizzle, MLP Forums - spearheaded by our benevolent dictator, Feld0 - organized a charity fundraiser for BC Children's Hospital entitled "Making Christmas Merrier". The goal of this fundraiser was to raise money to purchase Christmas gifts for the poor children who had to spend their holidays away from home, stuck within the dreary walls of the hospital.

The turnout was $400 CAD, a custom-designed greeting card, and a copy of Sonic Colours for the Wii. At the conclusion of the event, Feld0 personally delivered the proceeds to the hospital. Considering the size of the MLP Forums community at the time, everyone involved considered it a successful fundraiser.

Now, one year later, the time has come for us to once again come together for the sake of throwing money, gifts, and all of that other good crap at the needy children over yonder in Vancouver. It is our aim to double - at the very least - last year's sum, and to rock the socks off of the hospital staff, who were already extremely surprised and exceedingly appreciative of last year's gift.

If we make it to $1000, the hospital will credit MLP Forums by name in its annual financial report!

Contribution instructions:

Contributions to the fundraiser may be made through Paypal, or through a credit or debit card.

Click here to head to the donation page.

Please note that the progress indicator is not presently subtracting processing fees from the total amount displayed. We're working to correct this, though.

Goals and rewards:

While the driving force behind any fundraiser should be an altruistic desire to help those less fortunate than yourself, that can be a little boring at times - a bit of extra incentive can help boost motivation, even if it isn't much. So, for every five dollars you donate, you will get one entry into a post-fundraiser raffle. Initially this raffle will go toward a number of Steam gifts that various folks have had sitting around in their inventories, but as time goes on additional - and far sillier - prizes will be added (see below!). Every individual member that donates can win a maximum of two game prizes, and one non-game prize.

The following Steam games will be up for grabs:

• [*]The Ultimate Doom [*]Cave Story (x2) [*]Red Orchestra 2 [*]Sonic Generations [*]Ys: Origin [*]Ys: Oath in Felghana [*]F.E.A.R. Collection [*]Crysis [*]Crysis: Warhead [*]Tribes Ascend: Steam Starter Pack [*]AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity [*]Anomoly Warzone Earth [*]Puzzle Agent [*]Half-Life 2 Collection [*]DOTA2
(12x) [*]Saints Row 3  [*]Greed Corp [*]BIT.TRIP RUNNER [*]Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (x8) [*]Titan Quest (x4) [*]Don't Starve

If you have any extra Steam games laying around your inventory that you'd like to contribute, feel free to send me a PM - though we would prefer donations over additional game prizes.

In addition to the above, the following non-Steam prizes are available:

• [*]$50 iTunes Gift card [*]TF2 Hats & Items Collection

In addition to the raffle's initial offerings, we're also prepared to offer the following to provide a bit of (very silly) extra motivation:

• [*]
For every $100 donated, Scootacool and Evilshy will alternate in singing one randomly selected song from the show. If all songs from the show are exhausted, random fan songs will be selected. x18 [*]For every $200 donated all members will be given one day of subscriber perks. x9 [*]For every $250 donated, an additional raffle prize will be added, wherein the winner will will receive a custom Mine Little Pony Minecraft skin from Tich. x7 [*]For every $300 donated, an additional raffle prize will be added, wherein the winner will be allowed to pick a moderator of his or her selection's user title for one week, within reason. x6 [*]For every $300 donated, an additional raffle prize will be added, wherein the winner will receive a custom wallpaper featuring one or more characters (official or original), built to the specifications of the winner by Marco23p. x6 [*]For every $400 donated, an additional raffle prize will be added, wherein the winner will be allowed to pick an administrator of his or her selection's user title for one week, within reason. x4 [*]For every $500 donated, an additional raffle prize will be added, wherein the winner will be allowed to pick a pony fanfiction, appropriate for the forum, of less than ten thousand words, which Zoop attempt a dramatic reading of. x3 [*]For every $500 donated, an additional raffle prize will be added, wherein the winner will be allowed to pick a pony fanfiction, appropriate for the forum, of less than ten thousand words, which Thereisnospoon303 will attempt a dramatic reading of. x3 [*]For every $500 donated, an additional raffle prize will be added, wherein the winner will receive a piano solo musical commission from Silver Arrow. x3

Tiered Goals

• [*]
At $500, an additional raffle prize will be added, wherein the winner will receive a custom made love letter from Aureity - something that he would like to note was not his idea. [*]At $750, an additional raffle prize will be added, wherein the winner will receive a free $15 music commission from Silver Arrow. (see details) [*]At $1000, Scootacool and Tom the Diamond will sing a Best Pet duet. [*]At $1000, MLP Forums will be mentioned by name in the hosptial's annual financial report. [*]At $2,000, Scootacool, Tich, Applebloom, and Zoop will dub over the episode One Bad Apple. [*]At $2,500,various members of the MLP Forums staff will work on a collaborative redubbing of one episode of FiM. [*]At $4,000, Feld0 and Scootacool will sing a This Day Aria duet. [*]At $10,000, Tom the Diamond will confess in public that Trixie is not best pony. Also, Zoop and Tich will each dub over an entire episode of MLP. By themselves. As every character in the episode. [*]The top three donors will be given the chance to dictate the terms of an art commission for both Tich, Scootacool, and Zoop's OC ponies, from an artist of the OC owner's selection. Determination of which donor gets which commission will be left to a random number generator.

Community Goals

Please note that these prizes and goals are being offered by individual community members - I can make no guarantee when they will be available, or if they will ultimately be available.

• For ever $500 raised after the $1,000 mark, a raffle prize will be added in which Feather Spiral will create a custom tailored literary work (max 1,000 words) for the winner. x1

Kids get dosh and presents, and you lot get to laugh at the forum staff making fools of themselves - everyone wins, right?

FAQ

Q: What is the goal of this event?

A: We hope that a meaningful gift from MLP Forums to BC Children's Hospital will make the holidays better for them and their patients. Besides, it's also a perfect chance to show the world how kind and caring bronies can be!

Q: How much money are you looking to raise?

A: As much of it as we can!

There is no upper limit to the amount of money BC Children's Hospital will accept - like any other non-profit organization, they'll find a use for every last cent of it.

However, if you are looking for a number to attach to the event, with $1000, MLP Forums will be credited by name in the hospital's annual fiscal report. This will be a permanent mark of honour for our community, and is a goal well worth shooting for.

Q: I'm a talented artist and would love to help out, but I can't donate any money. How can I contribute?

You can take commissions here, on deviantART, or any other site you go to and put all proceeds towards the fundraiser! We may have some promotional art jobs for you as well. Please contact Feld0 if you're interested in either of these opportunities.

Q: I can't draw to save my life, but I still want to help out! What can I do?

You can still help us out by promoting it everywhere you can! Link to this thread in your signature on other forums, tweet about it, tell your Facebook friends, shout out in your personal blog - every little bit will help!

Q: Can I donate the old teddy bear I had as a child?

A: No.

We are not accepting physical item donations this year.

Q: Will MLP Forums keep any of the money I donate?

A: No.

All of the money this fundraiser collects will go to BC Children's Hospital. This fundraiser is completely separate from the contributions we accept towards the upkeep of the site.

Please note that our payment processors debit a small processing fee from every donation. This generally works out to about 3% of each donation. There's nothing we can do about this fee, and it is a necessary part of accepting online payments.

Please feel free to pose any questions, comments, or other queries below![/hr]

• Brohoof 66

At $10,000, Tom the Diamond will confess in public that Trixie is not best pony.

Posted Image

So glad we're doing this up again but much bigger, better, and badder. The goals and perks are fun and awesome incentives. I hope everyone can dig into their pockets and help make a child's Christmas a little merrier this year. Even if you can only donate $1, every bit helps and counts.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 36

Posted Image

I thought you might like that goal. ;)

I hope everyone can dig into their pockets and help make a child's Christmas a little merrier this year. Even if you can only donate $1, every bit helps and counts.

This is very true. Even if you can't give a whole lot, every dollar helps! We must come together as one and force Scootacool and Evilshy to sing for our pleasure. :)

• Brohoof 4

Went up less than 30 minutes ago, and we're already at $80.

I'm starting to rethink this singing thing a bit... $4,000 is a lot of money, and that's 20 songs each...

• Brohoof 6

Wow I love this! Such a great thing to do. First I have to go and actually make some money though... I'm a little broke at the moment. I'll try my hardest to get a donation in though. ;)

Edited by Death the Kid
  • Brohoof 4

I am so depraving myself for this, I know I already regret it, but bleh, have at my OC you guys, and if you want to hear my foreign vocal talents, keep donating!

I'm personally looking forward to seeing what happens with my OC. Surprises are fun things, you know? I simply cannot wait~

Also, people need to hurry up and donate so we can force the chicken to start singing.

• Brohoof 4

Also, people need to hurry up and donate so we can force the chicken to start singing.

Can we grab Scatcoal by the throat just for the opportunity to use the phrase "choking the chicken"? It will amuse my 9th grade maturity level.

• Brohoof 6

I'm personally looking forward to seeing what happens with my OC. Surprises are fun things, you know? I simply cannot wait~

Well, whoever wins should put Zoop in a frilly dress over a one of those airholes so it's all Marilyn Monroe Zoops.

Also i cannot wait for the chicken to sing too.

• Brohoof 2

Well, whoever wins should put Zoop in a frilly dress over a one of those airholes so it's all Marilyn Monroe Zoops.

Also i cannot wait for the chicken to sing too.

I would be perfectly okay with this. And yes, I too look forward to Scootacool's self humiliation singing.

Can we grab Scatcoal by the throat just for the opportunity to use the phrase "choking the chicken"? It will amuse my 9th grade maturity level.

Come now, Fizzle. We must be kind fo the chicken. No violence. :(

• Brohoof 2

Well things I'd be ok with doing, since it's like just my OC:

- Jumping into a pool with shirt on

- Taking off shirt

- Jumping into pool of jelly or something

- Cinnamon challenge

- Crossdressing

- Pushing Zoop off a cliff (his OC has wings :D)

I mean it's my OC, it doesn't hurt, me, just my outstanding reputation.

• Brohoof 1

Gah! I wish I was able to partake in these festivities!

Not only is all of this going towards a good cause, but we get to publicly humiliate our higher-ups? Sweet.

Hope we hit that $10,000 mark :P

I am in 9th grade and I take offense to this. Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 2

• At $4,000, Feld0 and Scootacool will sing a This Day Aria duet.

What if a Changeling king is really impersonating Scootacool, and the real Scootacool is locked away in an underground dungeon?

Posted Image

Edited by Alfonzo Dennard
  • Brohoof 7

I would be perfectly okay with this. And yes, I too look forward to Scootacool's self humiliation singing.

All right, there is no need to deny my destiny. I choose to walk among fate with open wings. I have attached a sneak preview to this post.

preview.mp3

Enjoy!

I don't know how I got roped into this. Wait, wait... Yeah... Yeah I remember... Self-deprecation for a noble cause indeed. Me and my big mouth. Oh well... IT IS FOR THE CHILDREN!

Don't worry though, I will genuinely attempt to stumble my way through. No awkward and poorly made chicken sounds from me.

• Brohoof 15

Noooo! I wish I knew about this before I donated to the site! I would have donated to this cause, instead... And the fact that I must use PayPal does not help at all... It would have been so much easier to send a ton of money that I have stored away (like, 500 USD), because I don't have a card...

Sigh... I still hope that everyone else can donate a bit to help out.

• Brohoof 4

Zoop and Thereisnospoon303: the dynamic duo will make your hearts swoon and your heads spin with their silky smooth voices.

• Brohoof 2

I would gladly donate all the Christmas money I get this year just so I can contribute into humiliating the staff.

I feel like it would be well worth it in the long run. Singing, dubbing, collabs......it will make your guys head spin. >:3

• Brohoof 1

Noooo! I wish I knew about this before I donated to the site! I would have donated to this cause, instead... And the fact that I must use PayPal does not help at all... It would have been so much easier to send a ton of money that I have stored away (like, 500 USD), because I don't have a card...

Sigh... I still hope that everyone else can donate a bit to help out.

MLP Forums needs a fair bit of money to sustain itself, too, so we really appreciate your contribution.

As mentioned in the post, we're working on enabling credit and debit card payments as an alternative to PayPal. Will that option work for you?

I would gladly donate all the Christmas money I get this year just so I can contribute into humiliating the staff.

I feel like it would be well worth it in the long run. Singing, dubbing, collabs......it will make your guys head spin. >:3

Glad to hear it! Mind you, we need to get the money to the hospital before Christmas. We don't have an exact deadline yet, but your contribution will in all likelihood need to come in before the 25th to make it in time.

• Brohoof 2

As mentioned in the post, we're working on enabling credit and debit card payments as an alternative to PayPal. Will that option work for you?

Nope. I'm only 16, and I don't have a personal credit or debit card, and my guardians aren't going to want to make a large payment on their card like that. They wouldn't want me to donate anything at all, really. I have all this money, but I have nothing to do with it, and can't even donate it to places that I want to...

At $10,000, Tom the Diamond will confess in public that Trixie is not best pony.

Ha, haha, hahahahah!

Oh please!

I have not any money I can donate but everyone else.. SPEND YOUR DAMN MONEY NOW OR ELSE

haha but I really wonder how much we can get :)

• Brohoof 1

Why not include Feld0 in the shenanigans?

He's in the list...

At $4,000, Feld0 and Scootacool will sing a This Day Aria duet.

It can't be just some ordinary goal though, you know? Only a major milestone will merit the performance of Feld0.

Now, Evilshy and I... We are the cheap mods.

For every $100 donated, Scootacool and Evilshy will alternate in singing...

Speaking of which...

post-1882-0-80859400-1353869914.png

post-1882-0-47699300-1353870078_thumb.jpg

So I rolled for a random number.

So_Many_Wonders.mp3

@@Zoop, I trust you will remember our agreement concerning this adventure.

post-1882-0-80859400-1353869914.png

post-1882-0-47699300-1353870078_thumb.jpg

So_Many_Wonders.mp3

• Brohoof 24

I have two questions:

• Why not include @Feld0 in the shenanigans?

• Has anybody pitched this to EqD? They'll put things like this in nightly roundups.

But Feld0 is indeed a part of the master plan!

At $4,000, Feld0 and Scootacool will sing a This Day Aria duet.

As you can see, he and Scootacool occupy the god-tier among the prizes. Tom the Diamond is the secret boss you get by completing hard mode with no continues (i.e., donating lots of money).

Pitching the donation drive to EqD is an interesting idea. Although I don't know how that would work exactly, gathering bronies for a good cause is something they tend to sponsor fairly regularly.

EDIT: We have some EqD publicity! Check it out.

• Brohoof 7