Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Making Christmas Merrier: Part II

Zoop

Who rounded out my 43 cents? Now I have to donate again to get that back on there! I like random amounts of change, none of this whole dollar business! :P

The entire dollar amount is going to take a weird lurch into "random change" once processing fees are deducted, so don't worry too much about it.

I say that the best thing to do is force Chaotic Discord to ditch the anthro RD for good.

But who am I to suggest such things? :P:D

Anthro Dashie is best Dashie, and shall never go away <3 Can only change my member title for a while if you win the raffle. Muwhaha.

Well folks, this is it. This is our deadline date. I'm very optimistic about our goal amount, but can't help but also feel disappointed as well, in a small way.

Make no mistake, we, what, doubled or tripled the amount of money we got from last years charity fundraiser? That's not something to scoff at; we surpassed our 1k goal and then piled on an extra 600+ to that. We've made a significant impact to the children's hospital, and we should be proud. And we've also unlocked a lot of goodies; a ton of songs from a chicken and evil fluttershy, tons of raffle prizes, an entire weeks' worth of global community subscriptions, and of course some of the 'major' prizes we got from our tiered goals.

Overall, I'd call this very successful.

That said, even I admit I had hoped we'd get several thousand more. I at least wanted to hit 4k, to unlock every tiered goal of ours except for the last one. Oh well, it's not about us in the end, but the kids. So I suppose it's not something to dwell on.

Thanks are in order to everypony who donated, and a 'muwahaha' is in order for the staff who have/are being forced to sing for everyone else's pleasure :3

Posting this now so this topic gets some more attention, if only a little. This post will look silly if the donation amount somehow jumps again before the end of the day, but it'll be fine, because we'll have more money in the end ;)

• Brohoof 11

It's really unfortunate that today has to be the deadline date (though I completely understand why) because I know for a fact the grandparents on my dad's side of the family are sending me $200 in the mail (which I'd love to have donated half of) but they aren't sending it until around the 16th. Is there no possible way that if it arrives around the 20th I still couldn't donate?

Well folks, this is it. This is our deadline date. I'm very optimistic about our goal amount, but can't help but also feel disappointed as well, in a small way.

Make no mistake, we, what, doubled or tripled the amount of money we got from last years charity fundraiser? That's not something to scoff at; we surpassed our 1k goal and then piled on an extra 600+ to that. We've made a significant impact to the children's hospital, and we should be proud. And we've also unlocked a lot of goodies; a ton of songs from a chicken and evil fluttershy, tons of raffle prizes, an entire weeks' worth of global community subscriptions, and of course some of the 'major' prizes we got from our tiered goals.

Overall, I'd call this very successful.

That said, even I admit I had hoped we'd get several thousand more. I at least wanted to hit 4k, to unlock every tiered goal of ours except for the last one. Oh well, it's not about us in the end, but the kids. So I suppose it's not something to dwell on.

Thanks are in order to everypony who donated, and a 'muwahaha' is in order for the staff who have/are being forced to sing for everyone else's pleasure :3

Posting this now so this topic gets some more attention, if only a little. This post will look silly if the donation amount somehow jumps again before the end of the day, but it'll be fine, because we'll have more money in the end ;)

i feel we did pretty good for what we had. Most couldnt donate cuase they wernt old enough. Plus it did start after black friday lol so most spent there money already and maybe if it lasted one more payday long we probably would've reach 2k. But with that being said i think we did great. Im very proud of this community for doing what they could. The children are going to have a great Christmas this year. :)

Gah, I tried donating, but every time I tried saving my billing info, it gave me an error saying that I didn't enter an expiration date for my debt card.

I most certainly did - I tried multiple times.

Anyone else have this issue? (And is it too late to join now?)

Edited by CloudFyre

Gah, I tried donating, but every time I tried saving my billing info, it gave me an error saying that I didn't enter an expiration date for my debt card.

I just did mine via pay-pal. If you have the option, I'd suggest making a paypal. It costs about one dollar to verify that it's yours--but other than that, pay pal is more secure and works almost anywhere. 

Otherwise--how do you enter it--like

0916 or 09/16?

If anything do 0916 because that's how they would register it.

--

Also, ensure that you have the correct billing address. I know I've changed mine a few times, check via the website that you can get your online statements from, and verify it's correct.

Edited by #1 Flutterfan

I see no record of an attempt to make a donation on your account. Try stepping through the donation process and entering your card's info when the checkout screen asks you for it.

We meant to have this event capped off tonight, but I'll stretch it out just a little longer to work out the issue with your payment.

This also means, for everyone else, that you're able to make any last-minute donations right up until we say it's over!

I just did mine via pay-pal. If you have the option, I'd suggest making a paypal. It costs about one dollar to verify that it's yours--but other than that, pay pal is more secure and works almost anywhere. 

Otherwise--how do you enter it--like

0916 or 09/16?

If anything do 0916 because that's how they would register it.

Couple of things I'd like to point out here:

• PayPal is not more secure than Stripe, our credit card processor. MLP Forums never actually sees your credit card information with either solution, which puts both services on roughly the same level in the security of your information, but Stripe is generally a superior service. The fees are lower, personal tech support exists, and they have no concept of a "balance" in PayPal's sense, where your money doesn't legally become "yours" until you transfer it out. As well, they fully support digital goods and allow minors to have Stripe accounts.
  • Credit cards are much more ubiquitous than PayPal accounts.

I think what we have is a technical issue on our end that's preventing CloudFyre from entering his card info before going through the donation process, rather than a problem with the actual numbers he's entering. To this, I suggested a workaround.

But yeah... as far as PayPal vs. Stripe is concerned... go Stripe, absolutely. :) The fact that there are no Stripe horror stories yet is a very good sign.

• Brohoof 5

Couple of things I'd like to point out here:
  • PayPal is not more secure than Stripe, our credit card processor. MLP Forums never actually sees your credit card information with either solution, which puts both services on roughly the same level in the security of your information, but Stripe is generally a superior service. The fees are lower, personal tech support exists, and they have no concept of a "balance" in PayPal's sense, where your money doesn't legally become "yours" until you transfer it out. As well, they fully support digital goods and allow minors to have Stripe accounts.
  • Credit cards are much more ubiquitous than PayPal accounts.

I think what we have is a technical issue on our end that's preventing CloudFyre from entering his card info before going through the donation process, rather than a problem with the actual numbers he's entering. To this, I suggested a workaround.

But yeah... as far as PayPal vs. Stripe is concerned... go Stripe, absolutely. :) The fact that there are no Stripe horror stories yet is a very good sign.

Ooooh I haven't had a paypal story yet with mine--but I'll remember that when donating to the forums here. And I do know that Stripe is better for forum/webhosts just in the sense that Paypal will typically charge per month--it's good to hear of Stripe, though--because I have heard good things from PayPal (just because of its large base) and many things from authorize.net Stripe is something very new to me. I'll have to look in on that--I generally hate having to input my credit card for whatever reason--websites or otherwise. Hence why I use paypal generally for anything. Because I figure if I'm getting screwed--it better be by ONE provider and not saying something like "Oh it's mlpforum's fault!" but not really knowing for sure. Thanks for the extra added information, though, I'll be doing my research on Stripe! :D

• Brohoof 1

I see no record of an attempt to make a donation on your account. Try stepping through the donation process and entering your card's info when the checkout screen asks you for it.

We meant to have this event capped off tonight, but I'll stretch it out just a little longer to work out the issue with your payment.

Done. Thanks a lot - it worked by your method.

I'd still look at the "billing information" page though, as that was where I had my issue. (I was trying to save my billing info first, and then try to donate and simply have it charged to my saved card.)

We are done! OK. And now we begin the raffles!

Where are Evilshy and Scootacool? Aren't they supposed to be publishing their new type of music- HUMILIATION!

This is assuming they'll suck. They might be fantastic. I know Scoots isn't bad, but Evilshy hasn't given us a sample.

I thought about singing something myself because I was feeling festive, but then I had an even better idea! Not doing it. Seriously, I don't even like to talk, so I have a lot of respect for these dudes.

• Brohoof 1

Small announcement: the donations deadline has been extended to December 16, to provide an opportunity for a few more donors who wish to donate money they have received as Christmas gifts.

Donations will continue to remain open for everyone until then, so if you haven't contributed yet, or would like to top up your existing donation, now's the time to do that! Let's see if we can make it to $2000 and get an episode redub!

• Brohoof 7

Let's see if we can make it to $2000 and get an episode redub!
And a second piece of writing from me. :3

Holy smacks, 230 bucks left before we reach 2k.

Reminds me, I have another idea for a reward: 2k = 2 kisses. So, if we get to $2,000, an artist (or two) could make two pictures/writings, each one shipping two randomly chosen staff members.

Totally out of character of me, I know. I'm not the kind to even think of anything like Feld0xZoop for example.

[/font][/color]

img-942972-1-tumblr_mdr08uBcjc1qa6wgx.jp

Wut? Lol well that seems amusing... I would donate but I can't my mom keeps sayin' "Keep your mooooney!" And I am all like "But I wanna" and you know the rest...

• Brohoof 1

@, I know, I was just kidding. It's my job, pulling all threads closer to the limits of the comfort zone, remember?

Besides, milestone or not, I most certainly WILL do it, at least in my head. But you already knew that. XD

Anyway, almost 2k is still about as good as exactly 2k. But of course, it's always best to get that additional prize especially if it costs Tich his pride. ;3