Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkamena + speed paint video.

Cocodrillo

So today after Superstar (song) overdose, I got shitty mood and with people telling me they can´t imagine how my pictures are drawn in MS paint, I decided to draw something (and record it) and well, I ended up with Pinkamena.

My PC is an old poor thing so the video was lagging and my cursor was disappearing (so it was kinda hard to draw...).. and after the finishing, it would take ages to render it as it was...

So I speeded it up in VLC player and recorded it again... and then speeded it up again in Sony Vegas.. 8 minutes were easier to handle than an hour.

That´s an excuse for the quality...

The picture:

post-6480-0-70863100-1353804004_thumb.jpg

Yeah, the eye is weird.. again.

And looks more like Fluttershy to me.

The video (with that awesome song that gives me the feels.) :

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4NRJVMrrVw&feature=plcp

EDIT: I checked the video.. the final picture is too wide...

Posted Image

Edited by Suntouched Coco
  • Brohoof 8

Awesome job! I love to watch speedpaint videos. I think it's even better to watch people draw them than to see the finished result, haha.

Why do you use ms paint? For fun?

• Brohoof 1

Awesome job! I love to watch speedpaint videos. I think it's even better to watch people draw them than to see the finished result, haha.

Thank you, Jokuc. I use it because I don´t feel like using Gimp for drawing with mouse. Maybe one day, I´ll get a tablet and start doing some "serious business", all in Gimp.. But yeah, it´s also fun. ;)

• Brohoof 1

:wub: I love the speed paint, and the art is just wonderful! I like your style :) I also like how you used ms paint for the drawing, then (GIMP?) for the blur.

I bet she uses it for da lulz! XD

Edited by Octavia's Cellozoid

@,

You should try out some other programs and not just gimp. Try Paint Tool SAI or Photoshop. Well if you got money to spend that is. I'm not sure if paint tool sai costs money though. Or you could do it the Jokuc way..

Posted Image

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 3

:wub: I love the speed paint, and the art is just wonderful! I like your style :) I also like how you used ms paint for the drawing, then (GIMP?) for the blur.

I´m glad, hope you enjoyed the song too. :P

Thank you! :)

@,

You should try out some other programs and not just gimp. Try Paint Tool SAI or Photoshop. Well if you got money to spend that is. I'm not sure if paint tool sai costs money though. Or you could do it the Jokuc way..

Posted Image

Yes, the Jokuc way is the way I use pretty often.. :lol: But the question is if my computer is capable to handle the program..

Ok now I promise to myself in public, that the next thing I´ll be saving money for is a new computer..

• Brohoof 1

It looks pretty sweet like the other one. I've watched a few speedpaint videos, there sometimes fun to watch.

The one thing I want to critique is that I think the Coloring part of the eye(Forget the name of it) is to large in comparision to the eye itself. I think it may need to be shrunk A little.

Other then that I really like the style of your art. Keep up the wonderful work!

• Brohoof 1

hmm the jawline and slightly human looking mouth make her look like a depressed Mew rather than a pony.

The shading on the snout makes it look like the head is turned to the right which clashes with the placement of Pinkies left ear.

highlight in the ear does not match with the general shding.

Also from that perspective, the line in that ear should be closer to it's outer border.

Colours are superb.

• Brohoof 1

Thank you, Jokuc. I use it because I don´t feel like using Gimp for drawing with mouse. Maybe one day, I´ll get a tablet and start doing some "serious business", all in Gimp.. But yeah, it´s also fun. ;)

I use GIMP quite a bit myself, i've recently started to draw my own ponies, as EVERY OTHER PERSON IN EXISTENCE does :P

I dont have a tablet, and honestly from seeing some peoples drawings, I dont even think I want a tablet, I can do what most people can do with a tablet using only the path tool. But granted, I do get mightily frustrated at times, and half the time I end up giving in...

ahhhhhhhh can't get enough of these pictures!! there just brilliant :D I used to be kick ass with paint but then they updated it all and now it just confuses me :L and btw you should tots draw fluttershy :)

Edited by WindsweptFrog

It looks pretty sweet like the other one. I've watched a few speedpaint videos, there sometimes fun to watch.

The one thing I want to critique is that I think the Coloring part of the eye(Forget the name of it) is to large in comparision to the eye itself. I think it may need to be shrunk A little.

Other then that I really like the style of your art. Keep up the wonderful work!

Thank you for your kind words and for a critique, I still have a lot to learn. ;)

hmm the jawline and slightly human looking mouth make her look like a depressed Mew rather than a pony.

The shading on the snout makes it look like the head is turned to the right which clashes with the placement of Pinkies left ear.

highlight in the ear does not match with the general shding.

Also from that perspective, the line in that ear should be closer to it's outer border.

Colours are superb.

Mew has always been my favourite. :P

And yeah, the eas is screwed. You can see in the video I redrew it several times. And shading.. well, I can´t shade, I always do it somehow "instinctively". :(

Thank you, sir. :)

I use GIMP quite a bit myself, i've recently started to draw my own ponies, as EVERY OTHER PERSON IN EXISTENCE does :P

I dont have a tablet, and honestly from seeing some peoples drawings, I dont even think I want a tablet, I can do what most people can do with a tablet using only the path tool. But granted, I do get mightily frustrated at times, and half the time I end up giving in...

You shouldn´t! Keep it up, it´s awesome!

ahhhhhhhh can't get enough of these pictures!! there just brilliant :D I used to be kick ass with paint but then they updated it all and now it just confuses me :L and btw you should tots draw fluttershy :)

Thank you. :) I might draw Fluttershy, someday, somehow.. this week is going to be busy so maybe next weekend or earlier. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Right.

I brohoofed this and didn't comment.. Classic me.

Unless I already said I liked it...

Whatever. Let me say it, if not again, that I like it and I envy your drawing skill.