Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

*SPOILERS* Is It Derpy or Not Derpy?

Batbrony

OK, so I was wondering about this after today's episode; did Derpy actually make an appearance? The two scenes that I thought she might have appeared in were the following; (1) the theater song during "Bad Seed," sitting next to the Doctor (which, if it is legit, would be the cutest thing ever!!! :wub: ) and (2) driving one of the floats during the parade. Why am I still not certain if it was her? Because for the life of me I could not tell, even after re-watching both scenes, if it really was her! If it is her, either the resolution was coming in very strangely on my computer, or the show's creators have made some significant changes to her design, and I'm not just talking about her eyes; her mane seemed designed differently, and she seemed to be shaded more darkly, but again, maybe it was just the angle or my computer's resolution, IDK.

So what do you think everypony? Can any of you confirm whether or not that actually was Derpy? Did you even think it was Derpy? Does anypony know if the designers have actually changed her design? If they have, I honestly wouldn't mind, I just want to know so I can know whether or not that actually was Derpy!!!

Also, this is minor, but according to the MLP wiki, Derpy made a brief appearance in "Crystal Empire" in the jousting scene, but this time, I couldn't even find her. Anypony know where she appears, or if she actually does appear in that scene?

• Brohoof 1

I don't know, didn't really notice her myself. Who you could have seen may have been Lilly Blossom though, who bears a striking resemblence to Derpy in the show, if she looked that different to you that is.

Derpy isn't sitting next to Doctor Whooves in the movie theater, but I can't tell if she is driving any floats. And as for the Crystal Empire, I'm going to have to watch that jousting scene again and get back to you.

They've said it in "Is Berry Punch The New Derpy?" Derpy's there alright, she's in the corner by the hub logo during the jousting scene behind another pony. Same scene with Berry and the pony looking the wrong way from the scared people.

They're stepping up where Derpy's hiding. Prominent background ponies WILL make appearances, but Derpy's noticed everyone following her and put on everything from disguises to heavy makeup to techniques like hiding behind objects and ponies and outright disguise. Don't expect any multiple-Derpy moments anymore: You may only see a brief profile shot or barely catch the bubbles on the flank as she walks behind a building.

Watch for the grey and gold!

• Brohoof 3

I don't know about the parade, but in the theater it's definitely Cloud Kicker. She's too purple and the hair is too golden to be Derpy.

Ah, that's the one I was actually thinking of lol, silly me. Background pony names, I can't help but get them mixed up sometimes. :lol:

Posted Image

• Brohoof 4

Posted Image

No cutie mark, no derped eyes, but this is the scene the wiki is referring to. There was also a speculated Derpy head in the same episode, but I can't find an image of it for some reason. Still on the lookout for more appearances.

I believe it was Cloud Kicker in the theater next to Doctor Whooves...

• Brohoof 3

It does not appear Derpy appears in any part of the newest episode. I'm sorry to break it to you. Because the skin color, the eye color, and the mane color are different from Derpy in all the instances you mentioned in the new episode. But she does appear in the Crystal empire episodes.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

I'm sorry to burst you bubble Red (Get it! Because bubbles are Derpy's... Ha... Cutie mark...) but I just reviewed those two parts, especially the theater scene. Derpy did not appear in either two moments. If you do find her, please share!

Edited by twilight_sparkle

I don't know, didn't really notice her myself. Who you could have seen may have been Lilly Blossom though, who bears a striking resemblence to Derpy in the show, if she looked that different to you that is.

Yeah, I know, that's one reason I wasn't certain myself, but since I saw her in the parade as well (and saw Cloud Kicker standing in the crowd) I was fairly certain that that was a different pony, and possibly Derpy, in the parade at least. But who knows really, it was so hard to tell since their character models were so small in both scenes.

Derpy isn't sitting next to Doctor Whooves in the movie theater, but I can't tell if she is driving any floats. And as for the Crystal Empire, I'm going to have to watch that jousting scene again and get back to you.

Look for the float that looks like a cucumber shaped like a shoe; that's the one that I thought she was driving.

I don't know about the parade, but in the theater it's definitely Cloud Kicker. She's too purple and the hair is too golden to be Derpy.

Again, in the parade, look for the float that looks like a cucumber shaped like a shoe. And as for your second comment...

:wacko: ...

:blink: ...

:blink: ...

:ph34r: ...

:ph34r: ...

http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png If that's bucking true, then I'm going to have to tear apart the space-time continuum and travel across a couple of dimensions to have some... choice and strong words with the Doctor. :huh: Well... maybe I'll just give him a call instead.

Edited by Batbrony

This is annoying the hay out of me. Seriously, why are they making Derpy so hard to spot? I can't focus on the episode and look for her at the same time. I have to go back and comb through the episode to find her and even then I couldn't.

No cutie mark, no derped eyes, but this is the scene the wiki is referring to. There was also a speculated Derpy head in the same episode, but I can't find an image of it for some reason. Still on the lookout for more appearances.

I believe it was Cloud Kicker in the theater next to Doctor Whooves...

HOLY CRAP, NO WONDER I MISSED HER!!!!!!! Geez, how the buck did anypony catch that?!?! Thanks for pointing her out to me man, I owe ya! Alright, so she's at least made one official appearance this season!!! Can anypony else say... AWESOME!!!!!!!!! B)

Ah, that's the one I was actually thinking of lol, silly me. Background pony names, I can't help but get them mixed up sometimes. :lol:

Posted Image

Oh you're definitely not alone. I can't really keep any of the background ponies straight. The only reason I know Cloud Kicker is that she is the star of one of the best fanfics out there. Interestingly enough, in that fic she's dating Derpy. Looks like the Doctor's not the only one with some explaining to do ;)

Oh you're definitely not alone. I can't really keep any of the background ponies straight. The only reason I know Cloud Kicker is that she is the star of one of the best fanfics out there. Interestingly enough, in that fic she's dating Derpy. Looks like the Doctor's not the only one with some explaining to do ;)

Cloud Kicker's actually gotten quite a bit of screen time already this season! I swear, the creators are just bucking with us, since they know she looks sooooooooo much like Derpy! Clever bastards are both making us work harder to find Derpy AND throwing us for a loop with red herrings like Cloud Kicker!!!!!! Well, gotta hand it to 'em, they're certainly not making it easy. Very well then Studio B, I accept your challenge!!!!!!! Winner gets muffins from the loser!!!!!!!!!!! B)

Posted Image

I could not find derpy this episode! I thought she'd be in the crowd of ponies at the end. I saw of a ton of background ponies i saw almost everyone but our favorite grey pegasus. I was kind of upset that i could not find her again this episode. lol.

I kinda like how Ditsy is becoming harder to find, i found her in the other episodes but not in this one

I'm pretty sure that that was her in the theatre, just freshened up a bit for their date! :wub: I freaking love it! Yet another sucessful shipment has occurred!

nope that was defiantly Cloud Kicker next to doctor hooves in the theater

I kinda like how Ditsy is becoming harder to find, i found her in the other episodes but not in this one

Derpy.

DERPY.

DERPY.

DO NOT CALL HER DITZY DOO! HER NAME IS DERPY HOOVES!

I hate it so bad when people call Derpy Ditzy. It's been canonically established - by the show's creator, no less - that her name is Derpy. Fear my wrath if you call her that again.

It wasn't her in either of those scenes. I made sure to go check that out myself due to some of the comments on YouTube.

Now, as for the crystal empire, I went looking for her, but couldn't find her myself. So that one is still a mystery.